IGNORED

Always Learning lady "disciplines" toddlers for four hours

I wouldn't waste a perfectly good laptop. My own inclination would be to drop-kick HER out the window.

On to a porcupine.

What do you have against porcupines? Kick her into a pool of piranhas. The fish will swim out of the way, and then they'll get a good meal.

It says in her little sidebar that all four of her children are grown.

I'm amazed they survived to adulthood with their mother taking the advice of a total quack and not doing a damn thing about 105 degree fevers.

Guest Anonymous

There is another frightening child abuser in the comments box:

momanswerswithbrit.com/

Bless her heart, this one finds she only needs to beat her adoptive daughter. Biological son is a-ok.

Evil fuckwit smacked her little girl every 2-3 minutes for an hour an a half, in the example she gave, whicle commenting as "Brit" on NeverLearning lady's blog:

We have made the decision to start spanking our adopted 2-year old daugther, as her will is so strong! A time-out does nothing. However, our biological 2-year old son responds very well to time-outs. He puts his head down, and he hates to dissapoint.

This makes me feel better about a time-out/spanking session that occurred with my daughter for a hour and a half. My husband was working, so it was only me. It wore me down! I called my husband asking what I should do and he told me to keep being consistent and don't give in.

I made her stay where she was at, and about every 2-3 minutes I asked her to do what I wanted her to do. She would say "no" with attiutude, and I would spank her and then ask again in a few minutes.

FINALLY she did it! I'm hoping this was a milestone, but I have a feeling we'll have a few more sessions like that in the future... hopefully when my husband is home to help.

It is unusual that her bio- and adoptive children are the same age. I wonder if she became pregnant naturally while finalising the adoption, and now feels overwhelmed by the adoptive child.

EDIT: Nope, the poor baby was adopted from a cousin who 'made wrong choices'.... two horrible parenting experiences in under 2 years...

I have screencapped her blog pages and the comment she made about beating her daughter, if anyone more tech savvy can find her details to pass on to social services. She should not be walking free on this earth without supervision. :(

There is another frightening child abuser in the comments box:

momanswerswithbrit.com/

Bless her heart, this one finds she only needs to beat her adoptive daughter. Biological son is a-ok.

Evil fuckwit smacked her little girl every 2-3 minutes for an hour an a half, in the example she gave, whicle commenting as "Brit" on NeverLearning lady's blog:

It is unusual that her bio- and adoptive children are the same age. I wonder if she became pregnant naturally while finalising the adoption, and now feels overwhelmed by the adoptive child.

EDIT: Nope, the poor baby was adopted from a cousin who 'made wrong choices'.... two horrible parenting experiences in under 2 years...

I have screencapped her blog pages and the comment she made about beating her daughter, if anyone more tech savvy can find her details to pass on to social services. She should not be walking free on this earth without supervision. :(

How in the name of whatever you hold holy does a fucking TWO YEAR OLD reply with attitude?

Seriously, I now want to bitchslap this woman into next week.

Guest Anonymous

I think that by age 2, most kids have the capacity to be annoying - most usually because their "No"" is a direct copy of the tone and inflection of the adult who last said the same to them.... but responding by spanking....every 2-3 minutes...for an hour and a half? :twisted:

This woman looks like a young mum, but her blog is well-organised and her writing suggests she is reasonably well-educated - there is no excuse for not researching discipline techniques such as re-directing and so on...

I mean, holy hell - aside from the abusive nature of the punishment, who on this planet would want to spend an hour and a half repeatedly making the same request of a child "Put your books away"... "No!"...Smack... rinse and repeat... when you could just walk the child to the books, help them pick them up, say "well done" and move on with...er, the rest of life.

Seriously this woman spent the afternoon on the phone to her husband, seeking and getting support to beat a 2 year old baby. :shock:

Guest Anonymous

How in the name of whatever you hold holy does a fucking TWO YEAR OLD reply with attitude?

Seriously, I now want to bitchslap this woman into next week.

Not far enough. Next decade would make more of an impression.

This lady is really turning my stomach, and I have a pretty strong stomach. People like this have no understanding of child development. Children are not little adults and cannot be expected to do the same things and process things in the same way. You can't expect an 18 month old to do the same things that you would expect a 24 month old to do, even. Children are learning about their world and learning cause and effect. When a toddler says "no", he or she usually doesn't mean "no". He is learning that he is a separate individual from the parent and he is learning words and meanings. He will continue to say "no" if "no" gets a rise out of mom or dad. Ignore and continue with the activity he said "no" to. Or say, "It's time to clean up before lunch. Would you like to put the legos in the toy box or fold up the blanket?" He has a choice in the activity he gets to do, but the end goal of picking up toys is accomplished with him feeling like he has some autonomy/control. Of course sometimes he might fall on the floor kicking and screaming... c'est la vie. :lol: Still no beating needed. Maybe just a rest/snack/ride it out and try again later.

Of course I know I'm preaching to the choir here. If only "always learning" lady was really willing to learn.

Also, I firmly believe that every high school student should be required to take a child development/psych class in order to graduate. Pamphlets and info should also be distributed to all new mothers in the hospital (some do, depends on the place). Of course, not sure what we would do about the SOTDRT-ers...

Please edit and break the link. We dont need her tracking back to us, thanks.

Why not?

I'm going to go with "evil". In my view, she's just evil.

That too! Sometimes it is very hard to find out wether it is sheer evilness or a personality disorder, it is a fine line.......we still don't know exactly.

My children even had strep throat several times and their bodies did a great job at fighting it without any drugs or intervention. Doctors today make everyone so afraid of fevers.

Huh? Strep throat is a hell of a lot more than a fever. Either her kids didn't really have strep (unlikely she took them in for a test) or she was damned lucky!! I don't automatically medicate either but I don't screw around with strep. :doh:

I love how this lady says that people who hate the Pearls are "quoting out of context". So she adds some of this context - and it DOESN'T MAKE A DAMN BIT OF DIFFERENCE. It's still wrong. All she added was that the child had been rebellious - as if that's a good reason to beat the daylights out of him for an hour? I know there are those who argue about spankings, but I would think even the most ardent spanking supporter would think AN HOUR was over the line. I still can't believe it's the supposed Christians that do the most advocating of this crap. I'd never heard of such things as someone advocating spanking (I knew people did it from desperation but the idea of a book instructing people to do it like it's a good idea, no) until a Bible class when said preacher advised it - and I never went back to class.

Ugh. Also a fine line between the urge to snark and the urge to run away and throw up. I'm so sick for this poor child. I noticed the part where she says,

I have a feeling we'll have a few more sessions like that in the future... hopefully when my husband is home to help.

OMFG, so she's looking forward to two full-grown adults ganging up on a little child to break her spirit? That is just awful.

Of course it's horrible when they do it to their own kids, but something about feeling a sanctified need to torment the adopted baby while your bio-child gets a pass really creeps me out. How often have we seen that fundies pick on the adopted child or the step-child? I'm not saying all step-parents are like this, because there are some really good ones. But that would take caring and insight, which is in short supply around here. I feel scared for those children, because it looks as if a lot of unexamined resentment and hostility gets scapegoated onto them. . . . Them and their tiny, helpless "sin natures." I can't even . . . I am just so appalled.

From the blog header:

A wise woman is ALWAYS LEARNING. She is open to change. She is ready to hear.

She forgot to put, "unless you disagree".

The general practise is to break links so fundies don't note extra traffic, see it's coming from us, and go private or delete everything (which has happened a few times).

It is the easiest thing in the world. Leave off the www. or click the "Do not automatically parse URLs" box under your post. What is the problem?

What the fuck? she expects 18 month old babies to just pick up their toys when told? Mind-boggling. I really don't get where these fucking lunatics get their expectations for kids from; the only thing I can come up with is that there's a ton of people like Michelle Duggar who get tired of them after 6 months or so and don't want to do their fucking jobs as parents.

My son would pick up his toys at 18 months and even younger. He's always been a really ethusastic cleaner. But we wouldn't punish him if he had chosen not to pick up his toys. Now at two he is expected to pick up his toys (with help) and sometimes he "rebels" and says no but give him a few minutes of watching you clean up and he's right there putting the toys away with you. I can't understand how these people can beat babies!

Guest Anonymous

My son would pick up his toys at 18 months and even younger. He's always been a really ethusastic cleaner. But we wouldn't punish him if he had chosen not to pick up his toys. Now at two he is expected to pick up his toys (with help) and sometimes he "rebels" and says no but give him a few minutes of watching you clean up and he's right there putting the toys away with you. I can't understand how these people can beat babies!

I think a major problem the fundies encounter is that they deliberately set up confrontation with kiddies, in order to feel in control of them.

Most normal parents wouldn't even go there is the first place: at 18 months - 2 years, a child can be cajoled into most things just by the way you use language, as others have said above, eg "Do you want to put away the books first or the cars?"; or "Come on, we're going to tidy up the cars now so we can get the paints out." But Pearl would consider that weak parenting because it allows the child to feel in control of their environment. And of course they are little Vipers in Diapers who need to be tidying their toys just because Mom Said So, and any other response but "Yes Ma'am" means they are headed for hell.... :roll:

Archived