IGNORED

Always Learning lady "disciplines" toddlers for four hours

http://lorialexander.blogspotDOTcom/

What do you think of this lady? I've found her to be incredibly smug and woman-hating. Her whole blog (her whole reading of the Bible) seems to be submit to your husband, beat your kids if they are bad, the woman is always at fault, moms must stay at home to have happy kids.

She is a lover of the Pearls, and although she is "always learning" she says she'll delete any criticism of them.

She quotes a long bunch of Pearl-nonsense to show how reasonable they are. Oh, it's only the rebellious child who needs to be sat on and beaten, oh, I see, that's just fine.

Anyhow, I was struck by her comment that when her kids got to be about 18 months, they would refuse to pick up their toys and this would start a four-hour session of "discipline." It sounds like the toddler would scream NO!, get hit, scream some more, get hit again, throw a tantrum, get hit for being "rebellious", etc. Finally, after 4 hours, the kid would pick up the toys. (I find it remarkable that a toddler would even remember what was causing the problem after 4 hours of abuse)

Is it me, or is this lady kinda nuts?

Yes, she is and extreamly unstable

The pearl books should not be published. This is not about free speach.

THESE BOOKS PROMOTE CHILD ABUSE.

Do not let the covers of Jesus and the first admendment fool you

P.S. I will be deleting any comments that criticize the Pearls or are opposed to spanking. I know many of you are and that is fine. You can read all the comments on past posts to get the views of those opposed to spanking.

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, she is filled with the crazy. And has the typical fundie husband who is so burdened by his god-given manly manliness that she has to have sex with him wherever and whenever, in order to 'help' him not to stray.

Husband abuses her; she abuses her children, same old, same old. :shock:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/

What do you think of this lady? I've found her to be incredibly smug and woman-hating. Her whole blog (her whole reading of the Bible) seems to be submit to your husband, beat your kids if they are bad, the woman is always at fault, moms must stay at home to have happy kids.

It's so ironic that these people say mothers must quit their jobs for the happiness of their kids, but they don't care at all how physically abusing kids affects their happiness. Why, it's almost as if they don't care about happy kids at all and just use it as an excuse to force women to be dependent.

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/

She is a lover of the Pearls, and although she is "always learning" she says she'll delete any criticism of them.

She quotes a long bunch of Pearl-nonsense to show how reasonable they are. Oh, it's only the rebellious child who needs to be sat on and beaten, oh, I see, that's just fine.

Anyhow, I was struck by her comment that when her kids got to be about 18 months, they would refuse to pick up their toys and this would start a four-hour session of "discipline." It sounds like the toddler would scream NO!, get hit, scream some more, get hit again, throw a tantrum, get hit for being "rebellious", etc. Finally, after 4 hours, the kid would pick up the toys. (I find it remarkable that a toddler would even remember what was causing the problem after 4 hours of abuse)

Please edit and break the link. We dont need her tracking back to us, thanks.

OMG my toddler would be beaten to a bloody pulp by this woman. He's incredibly willful. But where fundies see these as bad traits, I see it as my son having a mind of his own. And I love him for it.

Her link to a modest swim suit site actually has some cute suits: beverlyswimwear.com/beverly-modest-swimsuits/new-suits/

My DH was a compulsive cheater and it's my fault? I don't think so. :evil:

Those actually ARE cute bathing suits. I guess even a broken clock can occasionally have good taste... or... something. Did I mix up that metaphor altogether? Yes, yes, I did.

What the fuck? she expects 18 month old babies to just pick up their toys when told? Mind-boggling. I really don't get where these fucking lunatics get their expectations for kids from; the only thing I can come up with is that there's a ton of people like Michelle Duggar who get tired of them after 6 months or so and don't want to do their fucking jobs as parents.

Part of that may be my fault. :(

I replied to her pray for Michael Pearl post a few weeks ago saying that the issue with him wasn't just spanking but that several children had been killed by parents following his advice and that things he wrote could easily lead to abuse or the death of a child.

She relied to my comment basically calling me a liar and saying the Pearls never said to spank until their will was broken and that the parents who killed their kids may have had Pearl's book but weren't really following his teachings.

I responded with quotes from the book (in the full paragraph/context, but bolded) and some information on Carri Williams who was an acquaintance of a woman I know and very devoted to the Pearl's teachings (and who killed an adopted child while following those methods). She deleted the comments then and sent me an email about how the Pearls were wonderful people, she met them at a retreat/class, and they helped save her marriage. She also relayed the story about beating her children for 4 hours to me and I didn't know what to say other than to tell her how we've solved similar problems without spanking, by redirecting and helping him put his toys up.

Her link to a modest swim suit site actually has some cute suits: beverlyswimwear.com/beverly-modest-swimsuits/new-suits/

My DH was a compulsive cheater and it's my fault? I don't think so. :evil:

yeah I don't understand that line of reasoning either. My X went to a foreign country, went to dance clubs with attractive foreign women who wanted to get in his pants so they could get access to the $$$, and then his dick just fell in that chick because I gained 20 lbs. Promise.

Anyone going to go to their University to get your MRS degree. She'll teach you crafts for the kids and how to be a submissive wife and think about modesty and purity.

From the blog:

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/02/goal-in-disciplining-children.html

Cassi remembers every single time she got in trouble. She has such a tender heart and hated to disappoint us. She remembers several times she got spanked and just remembers me using my leather strap. She doesn't remember the pain at all.

I don't think any of them ever remember being spanked.

So which is it? She remembers several times, or none of them remember? Liar.

I could throw up. These people are fucking evil.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/02/when-we-spanked.html

As they got older, if we asked them to do something and they said "no" or refused to do it, we would give them a few hard smacks on their bottom with a small leather strap. This taught them very quickly to obey us when we asked them to do something.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/02/flicking-babys-cheek.html

Boy, did I get it from some of you for flicking my babies' cheeks when they were nursing and bit me. I only had to do it once to each of them and they stopped. I did it hard enough that they cried.

Pain isn't always a bad thing as many of you think it is.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/01/allowing-children-pain.html

Pain is a great teacher.

Many people believe pain and suffering are bad things. They are not. They are teachers that can teach us good things, like obeying authority and allowing our bodies to heal themselves naturally without the side effects of drugs.

It could go on all day. There is no end to the crazy. No fucking end.

I have a dumb question... why do we care if these people can track back to us by posting a valid link? Couldn't they find FJ easily enough by doing a google search anyway?

Guest Anonymous

Much as I am opposed to violence, I'd really like to go over there on behalf of FJ and "flick" her cheek and hit her with a leather strap for four hours, in order to provide a learning opportunity about what sort of a teacher "pain" is. :evil:

I have a dumb question... why do we care if these people can track back to us by posting a valid link? Couldn't they find FJ easily enough by doing a google search anyway?

I don't give two shits if she finds us or what she thinks. I *thought* we weren't supposed to post unbroken links so I try to respect that. Maybe I'm wrong though? Like I said, I don't care whether she knows or not. She's as crazy as hell as far as I'm concerned.

Part of that may be my fault. :(

I replied to her pray for Michael Pearl post a few weeks ago saying that the issue with him wasn't just spanking but that several children had been killed by parents following his advice and that things he wrote could easily lead to abuse or the death of a child.

She relied to my comment basically calling me a liar and saying the Pearls never said to spank until their will was broken and that the parents who killed their kids may have had Pearl's book but weren't really following his teachings.

I responded with quotes from the book (in the full paragraph/context, but bolded) and some information on Carri Williams who was an acquaintance of a woman I know and very devoted to the Pearl's teachings (and who killed an adopted child while following those methods). She deleted the comments then and sent me an email about how the Pearls were wonderful people, she met them at a retreat/class, and they helped save her marriage. She also relayed the story about beating her children for 4 hours to me and I didn't know what to say other than to tell her how we've solved similar problems without spanking, by redirecting and helping him put his toys up.

You have a lot of patience, Raine. Good for you for trying to make her see another way. Maybe some of it sunk in.

I'm curious about this too. Is there something about this particular lady that makes us not want her to know we're talking about her? Her children must be terrified of her.

I'm curious about this too. Is there something about this particular lady that makes us not want her to know we're talking about her? Her children must be terrified of her.

A flounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Its stated in the rules.

I thought the logic behind not posting links was that it makes it much easier to find us, especially if people notice a sudden influx of hits and are curious about the source, and that people might clam up, delete blog entries, and/or go private.

In the case of general idiots who are entertaining, FJers lose their entertainment. In the case of scary, potentially dangerous parents, it makes their actions even more secretive and their children even more cut off.

As for the person being discussed . . . :angry-fire: :cry:

As ever, the idea of using pain to try to teach anything is totally beyond my comprehension. We've discussed all of its evils here at length.

But her idiocy made me think of something I don't think we've mentioned.

Suppose her children are getting desensitized, as she seems to imply. I doubt it, but suppose it's true.

Her "pain is good," "she doesn't remember" double-whammy really misses the point of what pain is supposed to do, in nature.

Pain is not supposed to be the norm -- it should be rare. Pain is part of nature's way of saying "blink your eyes, don't touch the porcupine, see your doctor," etc. It is a warning, not to be ignored.

So, that child could become totally messed up about the pain signals her body sends her, and lose track of what is and isn't normal for her own health.

This lady is a real prize. I could only read a couple of her posts before I felt the urge to toss my laptop out the window.

http://lorialexander.blogspotDOTcom/

Kinda nuts? She is insane!!!

Guest Anonymous
This lady is a real prize. I could only read a couple of her posts before I felt the urge to toss my laptop out the window.

I wouldn't waste a perfectly good laptop. My own inclination would be to drop-kick HER out the window.

Archived