IGNORED

Phone message from an LDS Elder? How?!?

holierthanyou

I don't wish anyone to be attacked, but on the other hand, I don't feel sorry for men for having to follow up fake leads. Door to door missionaries are annoying people who didn't ask to be annoyed.

This. In our last neighborhood the JWs used to always come during the baby's nap time. I think that once they know someone is at home, they target the place, because they would come by around the same time every two weeks or so. I used to feel bad because these older people would be walking around in the blistering heat (we lived in the south at the time), going door to door. But then I realized: no one's asking them to do this. They are choosing it. And it's actually quite intrusive.

I probably mentioned this before, but there is a LDS missionary apartment down the street from me, but the elders tend to leave me alone as they haven't knocked on my door in years. I do see them occasionally as I'm going to work, as well as on their day off doing some shopping. The way I can tell it's their day off is they're wearing jeans and if they didn't wear their name tags, they would look like any college student.

I'm LDS and I hate these calls. I refuse to give them anyone I know's phone numbers because I know this will happen and I hate it. I'm sorry someone did this to you. I won't even give the missionaries MY number when I take a tour somewhere because I know they will call me looking for phone numbers. I figure that people in my life know I'm Mormon, and if they want to know more, they will ask me.

BTW, I'm an extremely liberal Mormon, a California Mormon. Crap I realized that means something different in the post Prop 8 world. If you knew my real name, you would find me on the donation list of No on 8.

Archived