IGNORED

Treasures From a Shoebox is back and the latest post is...

Koala

What did Sola's comment say?

I wonder if Cheryl realizes that post is revealing her husband as evil and herself as - hell, I don't even know. Troubled? A doormat who wouldn't protect her beloved animal or her not so beloved child from the wrath of a controlling, unfaithful, frightening asshole?

She deleted it before I saw it. It just shows her name and that the comment was removed.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a dog put down for killing chickens. It was a) humane euthanasia and b) only after all re-homing efforts were exhausted. He wasn't an attractive dog, at all, nobody wanted him.

I had a dog put down for killing chickens. It was a) humane euthanasia and b) only after all re-homing efforts were exhausted. He wasn't an attractive dog, at all, nobody wanted him.

Was there not a shelter in your area that could take him? :(

I have an egg stealer now. My husband and I are going to invest in an electric fence and put it outside the chicken yard. Hopefully, that will deter the thief. We are also considering building a hen house that is like Fort Knox.

My husband and I have NO wood working skills so we will see how this works.

Just for the record, even if we do not succeed, my dog is in no danger. After reading Treasures from a shoebox, I didn't want you all to think that I was going to harm my pet.

That story made me sick ~ poor dog.

Our friend's dog killed one of their chickens. The husband tied the dead chicken around the dogs neck and put her in her kennel for a week (with food and water daily) until the dead chicken rotted off. That dog lived for another 10 years and NEVER even looked at another chicken. You could not even get her on the same side of the property as the chicken coop. Gross I know, but that is the old school way to deal with a chicken killer.

A human's empathy can be measured by their care for animals.

The part of the story that makes me feel the most angry is how he mocks her feelings before apologizing.

Now, excuse me why I go off to play with my dog

Guest Anonymous

Our friend's dog killed one of their chickens. The husband tied the dead chicken around the dogs neck and put her in her kennel for a week (with food and water daily) until the dead chicken rotted off. That dog lived for another 10 years and NEVER even looked at another chicken. You could not even get her on the same side of the property as the chicken coop. Gross I know, but that is the old school way to deal with a chicken killer.

Like the Pearl's manual on beating methods is old school way to 'train' children....

Aside from the horrors of the 'chicken necklace', keeping a dog cooped up in a kennel for a WEEK is hideous cruelty, pointless in terms of discipline and a near-certain recipe for giving the average dog an aversion to being kennelled.

That story made me sick ~ poor dog.

Wow, that is really a horrible way to treat a dog. Having it humanly put to sleep or finding it a new home would have been so much better. Poor dog.

What did Sola's comment say?

I wonder if Cheryl realizes that post is revealing her husband as evil and herself as - hell, I don't even know. Troubled? A doormat who wouldn't protect her beloved animal or her not so beloved child from the wrath of a controlling, unfaithful, frightening asshole?

I told her that I agreed with Anon that the problem was her husband, not her. He hurt her and he should apologise, then she can forgive and maybe then move on. I was quite polite too, but it looks like I hit a raw nerve.

Mean, nasty, evil fucker. Contempt and disgust are too mild a word for this man.

I only hope that he was rational enough to provide something of a humane death to the dog. The problem is that based on my experience I doubt he was. My head-of-the-household, umbrella-of-protection father beat my dog to death for digging up plants in the garden. I watched the dog die over a period of several hours from his injuries. Ok, sorry everyone, I am going to go curl up in a fetal position now and imagine all the ways that this evil bastard should be exiled from the human and animal races.

(((hugs))) Words can not express how sorry I am. I have tears in my eyes thinking about this. I shall hug my cats/dog extra today in honour of your dog.

To address the douche husband from Treasures from a shoebox: This man is nasty. If he was my husband I would have walked out the day I found out about the dog. Abuse of any animal is a non negotiable relationship ender in my books.

Aside from the horrors of the 'chicken necklace', keeping a dog cooped up in a kennel for a WEEK is hideous cruelty, pointless in terms of discipline and a near-certain recipe for giving the average dog an aversion to being kennelled.

+1 Good god. :? Why are people so damn extreme? It's like they'll bypass a dozen easier, less painful options and go straight for the most vile, disgusting thing they can think up.

I told her that I agreed with Anon that the problem was her husband, not her. He hurt her and he should apologise, then she can forgive and maybe then move on. I was quite polite too, but it looks like I hit a raw nerve.

I just asked why they didn't find him a new home, but apparently my comment deflected from the OBVIOUS answer which was to kill the dog :evil:

Instead of a workbook for the wife, where she fills in the blanks of all the times her husband has hurt her, and then takes it upon herself to "forgive" him in order to fix their marriage, why isn't there a workbook for him? He could have her fill in the blanks of all the awful things he has done to her, and then he could go through and apologize for each one and ask her if there's anything he could do in reparation.

You know, if a stranger broke into your house and killed your pet, you'd report it to the police. You wouldn't write yourself notes about how God wanted you to pay for it yourself and apologize for being angry. Why is everything okay as long as your husband is the perpetrator?

I've just left another:

Oh wow, I leave a polite comment disagreeing with you and you don't have the guts to leave it up. No wonder your husband walks all over you.

I'm so thankful that someone who took five years to eek out a not-pology from her husband for the time he murdered her dog is providing all her wonderful relationship advice to every woman on the internet.

/sarcasm

Seriously, "I'm not sorry I murdered your dog while you were out of town and didn't tell you until you were just about to come back, I'm sorry you're upset about it."

Douchebag.

oh. ok. I am awake now, I see the comments link below all the link-your-blog/pinterest/facebook blather.

I submitted this:

My father killed my dog like that when I was a child.

It was one of the principle reasons that I rebelled, and as soon as I was old enough, left him and the church and have never looked back.

My parents were of a similar belief system as you. And my father is a pastor. So here was a man claiming to be god's representative, my 'umbrella of protection', the authority, and he was a mean, murderous, ruthless, angry jerk.

Look, Cheryl, murdering animals is sign one of psychopathy. Add that to your stories of his philandering and shunning and ostracizing your daughter, and it is pretty obvious that this is someone who deserves nobody's loyalty or respect. Your dog was probably a better person than Terry, at least your dog always offered you unconditional positive regard and love, and probably would have died rather than harm you.

Please use your common-sense and god-given intelligence and reconsider your beliefs that you should submit to, give up your power to, or even live with, this man. And, more than that, please rethink your policy of ensuring that your daughters also end up in a powerless relationship with a similarly evil character due to their lack of education and choices.

I am sure it won't see the light of day, but hell, I feel a little better having barfed this back at her after her vomitous mass of nastiness and stupidity.

Long story short; he took the counsel of one the people who had come to help and did away with my sweet puppy. He didn't tell me about it until a day or two before we were to return home (once the amazing remodel was complete).

The night we arrived home for the big unveiling, I walked through the yard, and immediately missed Sergeant's welcome home greeting. I pushed the thought away (I had denied in my mind that he was actually gone). After we saw the beautiful rooms, I went to bring in our luggage and as I stepped back onto the porch, I realized that Sergeant really was gone. Forever. It was more than I could handle and I went into our bedroom and FELL APART. Terry, not knowing any of this was happening, and running on very little sleep after working so hard to get this job done in order to bring his family home, was bewildered until I tearfully explained, "I've never loved a dog like that before and I just can't believe he's gone!"

This among other things freaks me out, she has been so abused, that even in telling the story of how this asshole killed her dog, she still not only gives him all the credit for caring for the family, providing, but also diminishs her own feelings, and blames herself throughout for having feelings over him killing her dog, one she asked him not to kill, until she at least got home. Just sad and awful!!! Freaking a good Jesus would want you to stop letting this asshole abuse you and walk all over you, and see you move on.

oh. ok. I am awake now, I see the comments link below all the link-your-blog/pinterest/facebook blather.

I submitted this:

I am sure it won't see the light of day, but hell, I feel a little better having barfed this back at her after her vomitous mass of nastiness and stupidity.

Well said. I can't imagine what this was like for her children.

We have a cat and my children love him to pieces. We were in Florida about 2 years ago, and my FIL (who was taking care of him while we were on vacation) called to say he got out. He is a totally indoor cat, so my husband and I both went into an instant panic. It took us all of 30 mins to get packed, load the van, and head for home. We lost several hundred dollars (non refundable resort fees), but that night when we got home my husband found our fur baby. It was worth every penny and I'd do it all over again. I could not dream of purposely taking away my child's pet...Terry is a sick, sick man and Cheryl needs to quit enabling him.

I am so sorry about your dog fundifugge :(

I also posted the comment on her facebook so it shows up, transiently, until she can get to her delete trigger.

She's altered the settings on her blog comments so that the comments don't even show up until she approves them.

Okay, I read over her series on her daughter and I'm wondering what that ass did to that poor girl now.

“So why do you hate Terry?†She immediately answered, “Because I can’t forgive him!†She went on to explain that after everything had been brought into the light in 1997, she had been very angry at me for taking him back without “punishing†him. “He never had to pay for what he did, so he basically got away with it.†she explained. “Plus, he asked everyone else for forgiveness, but he never bothered to ask me.â€

Then she went on to say

Terry began to talk about 1997, about how his sins had found him out. About how he had prayed to get caught. The more he spoke, the softer his voice grew. Amanda had seen some things when he had taken her to work with him during a school assignment in 1996 and when she had confided in me, I had confronted him. He had accused her of lying and denied the charges.

I actually don't want to know what he did to her because it will probably tick me off to no end and I don't even know the girl personally.

Okay, I read over her series on her daughter and I'm wondering what that ass did to that poor girl now.

Then she went on to say

I actually don't want to know what he did to her because it will probably tick me off to no end and I don't even know the girl personally.

I think she was referring to her husband's affair and how the daughter had suspected the affair after going to work with him for a school project and said something to the mother. The husband denied it and made the girl out to be liar and the mother believed the husband.

I think she was referring to her husband's affair and how the daughter had suspected the affair after going to work with him for a school project and said something to the mother. The husband denied it and made the girl out to be liar and the mother believed the husband.

I missed that he had cheated on her. That makes more sense, but Terry was still a total ass to Amanda. Accusing her of lying and then getting pissed off when Amanda wanted him to ask for her forgiveness. Guy's just a jerk from what I've read.

The entire post makes me want to throw up. Not only the cruelty of her worthless husband, but her unwillingness to see him for what he is and leave his ass. He isn't worth the shit that dog left in the yard and you know way, after all the years and bullshit, she isn't worth any more than that either. She's chosen to be what she is. She's chosen to turn off her brain in order to keep a man who isn't worth acknowledging much less keeping.

I rarely feel this honestly ill over fundie garbage. I can be removed from it because I have no experience. I have loved dogs and lost them. Even an accidental death destroyed me for weeks and even now, two years later, I can quickly be brought to tears if I give it too much thought.

You can tell all you need to know about the character of a person by the way they treat those who can do nothing for them.

You can tell all you need to know about the character of a person by the way they treat those who can do nothing for them.

So very true.

Archived