IGNORED

Treasures From a Shoebox is back and the latest post is...

Koala

I left a reply telling her, in short, that everyone--including her--deserves to be treated with more respect. I'm sure she won't approve it. :x

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Oh shit. Check out this comment:

I think in fact this is a great post, Of Triumph! Thank you for sharing Mrs. Cheryl. Although I don't have a husband, boyfriend, or anything. It is good for young girls, who are thinking of marriage to hear stories such as yours. So when they go through things like this, they can remember how others conquered, in this case bitterness.

Thank you again.

God bless.

Leah

I don't know what the hell is wrong with people, I just don't. Apparently there's a good lesson in here for young women - a guy who cheats on you and treats you and your child like crap and murders your dog deserves your forgiveness. And if you're bitter about it then you're the one with a problem. Fuck no, Leah. No. Do not get married and let a horrible person treat you like shit. That is not a triumph, that is sad, sad, bullshit.

You know, I am not particularly a huge dog lover, and I am absolutely appalled and saddened. I can't imagine the trauma of someone shooting your pet, especially someone who is supposed to love you. This woman has a lot of issues and in some ways, it's hard to feel sorry for her, but this is just terrible.

Maybe I'm reading it differently than others but what I read said the dog was a stray puppy who had just wandered in, and she fell in love with it. It wasn't a pet she'd had or was attached to. I think it's terrible her husband shot the dog, but it would have been worse had it been a dog they'd all had and loved for a long time.

Maybe I'm reading it differently than others but what I read said the dog was a stray puppy who had just wandered in, and she fell in love with it. It wasn't a pet she'd had or was attached to. I think it's terrible her husband shot the dog, but it would have been worse had it been a dog they'd all had and loved for a long time.

Didn't she say that she had never loved another dog like she had that one?

edited to reword

I have known people who had to put a dog down for bad behavior. There were no rehoming possibilities and all of our shelters locally were kill shelters. There are humane ways to put an animal down and I am guessing this asshole did not choose one of them. And killing another person's pet without discussing it is off-the-chain crayzee. She could have improved their fencing, made him an inside only/leashed dog, so many possibilities that don't involve taking a beloved pet.

Also, killing a dog because it has blood on it--my rotties could not resist rolling in a carcass. Gross but true. You would think they were the most violent beasts to see them trot home covered in blood, but they just had a nose for nasty. My chickens and goats were not a problem with them at all, although this was probably due to professional training.

Not that it matters whether he was a stray or not, but:

Long story short; he took the counsel of one the people who had come to help and did away with my sweet puppy. He didn't tell me about it until a day or two before we were to return home (once the amazing remodel was complete).

The night we arrived home for the big unveiling, I walked through the yard, and immediately missed Sergeant's welcome home greeting.

I fell in love with "Sergeant York".

Sergeant really was gone. Forever. It was more than I could handle and I went into our bedroom and FELL APART.

I tearfully explained, "I've never loved a dog like that before and I just can't believe he's gone!"

You read all that and you think this was not a pet she was "attached to"? Really?

I think she was referring to her husband's affair and how the daughter had suspected the affair after going to work with him for a school project and said something to the mother. The husband denied it and made the girl out to be liar and the mother believed the husband.

That was how I read it too.

You read all that and you think this was not a pet she was "attached to"? Really?

I'm not sure of the time line is all. She says: A stray puppy had shown up at our house and I fell in love with "Sergeant York". He was a beautiful dog, with a wonderful personality! Let me state here that I am not normally an animal lover, but this dog... oh my! " Then it seems like the goat incident and shooting happened shortly after. It may just be the way she wrote about it because yes, she definitely seemed attached to the dog.

she definitely seemed attached to the dog.

NurseNell wrote:

It wasn't a pet she'd had or was attached to.

:? Lord.have.mercy.

Even if it had been a stray puppy, it is still unspeakable cruelty on the part of the husband. Both toward her and toward the dog. If a stray animal may have killed your livestock (and this does not sound like a stray considering it had a name and she looked for it when she came home), the answer is to call animal control.

It's really weird how she focused on how amazing and beautiful the remodel was during her story about her husband shooting her dog, keeping the fact from her, and then springing it on her right before she came home.

Even if it had been a stray puppy, it is still unspeakable cruelty on the part of the husband. Both toward her and toward the dog. If a stray animal may have killed your livestock (and this does not sound like a stray considering it had a name and she looked for it when she came home), the answer is to call animal control.

It's always unspeakable cruelty in my mind to kill an animal. That wasn't my point. From the way she wrote it didn't sound like the puppy had been a member of the family for very long yet his killing really upset her.

:? Lord.have.mercy.

:geek: I agree that by her reaction it seemed like she was attached but in her initial statement she made it sound like it was a stray who'd just wandered in.

Or maybe I need meds :think:

Anyway, did anyone read about her mother-in-law who hated her? And you know why the woman hated Cheryl? It was ALL Cheryl's fault. Once she realized that and asked forgiveness all was sweetness and light between them.

It's really weird how she focused on how amazing and beautiful the remodel was during her story about her husband shooting her dog, keeping the fact from her, and then springing it on her right before she came home.

It's not weird when viewed through her lens. That is her purpose. To worship and praise her husband at all times. That is what makes their marriage godly and perfect. She is his, body, soul and mind and she is sinning if she even thinks of questioning him or doubting him or kicking his ass to the curb.

It's unhealthy and wrong on every level and for most people. But for the uber, desperate fundie, it's business as usual.

I think one has to be unreasonably terrified of eternal hell to live like that here on earth. She wasn't raised in the crazy, she does know there is more to life. But, she ignores it and follows her fundie role models and goes to every extreme to be the perfect, godly, saved wife so that she can worship at the feet of Jesus for eternity.

exactly. There is no justifying this.

It's always unspeakable cruelty in my mind to kill an animal. That wasn't my point. From the way she wrote it didn't sound like the puppy had been a member of the family for very long yet his killing really upset her.

I know it sounds funny to get quickly attached to an animal, but it happens. A month ago my husband called to say someone he works with found a small puppy wandering in the street and my husband wanted to know if he should bring it home. Now, we already have to huge dogs but I said ok because the man who originally found the puppy is elderly and I know he couldn't keep after it until he found it a home. I figured we could keep it until we found it a home. Well. my husband comes home with a big box and out jumps this bug eyed mini pin/ chihuahua looking thing, skinny as a rail. I cried, "His name is Brownie and I love him!" And this dog has been sleeping on my pillow ever since. If even a day or two after he came into my house, something happened to Brownie, I would be devastated. Even though he chews up everything. Seriously, how could you not love this face:

[attachment=0]418777_10150629919129173_502039172_8878217_594640744_n.jpg[/attachment]

(Sorry, I had to :) )

I know it sounds funny to get quickly attached to an animal, but it happens. A month ago my husband called to say someone he works with found a small puppy wandering in the street and my husband wanted to know if he should bring it home. Now, we already have to huge dogs but I said ok because the man who originally found the puppy is elderly and I know he couldn't keep after it until he found it a home. I figured we could keep it until we found it a home. Well. my husband comes home with a big box and out jumps this bug eyed mini pin/ chihuahua looking thing, skinny as a rail. I cried, "His name is Brownie and I love him!" And this dog has been sleeping on my pillow ever since. If even a day or two after he came into my house, something happened to Brownie, I would be devastated. Even though he chews up everything. Seriously, how could you not love this face:

[attachment=0]418777_10150629919129173_502039172_8878217_594640744_n.jpg[/attachment]

(Sorry, I had to :) )

aww <3 What a little angel! :romance-admire:

I know it sounds funny to get quickly attached to an animal, but it happens.

Oh I know, I'm not the crazy cat lady with 5 cats for nothing.

Very cute puppy. Is he wearing a sweater in the photo?

Oh I know, I'm not the crazy cat lady with 5 cats for nothing.

Very cute puppy. Is he wearing a sweater in the photo?

I bought him a little camo jacket. It snowed the day he came home and his shivering just broke my heart.

I bought him a little camo jacket. It snowed the day he came home and his shivering just broke my heart.

I have just died of cuteness overload. I hope you're happy. I'm writing this as a ghost. :naughty:

I have just died of cuteness overload. I hope you're happy. I'm writing this as a ghost. :naughty:

Sorry! He's so cute. I also have a 120 pound Newfoundland and Brownie jumps up and bites his ears. It's so adorable. Thank goodness Stampy is a gentle giant and just goes with the flow.

Archived