IGNORED

Treasures From a Shoebox is back and the latest post is...

Koala

so very sad. :( I literally felt sick to my stomach reading it.

Terry (her husband) is an asshole, pure and simple. He has cheated on this woman, encouraged her to disconnect from her daughter (which I totally blame HER for, but it makes him a son of a bitch none the less), and now we find out he has killed her dog.

treasuresfromashoebox.blogspot.com/2012/03/getting-past-dog.html

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous
"Everything in me wants to say to you, 'It's just a DOG; get over it!', but I can see that this has really hurt you and I want to fix it."

What. The. Hell? Why in the world does she want to live with that person?

The backstory seems to be that their three dogs killed a goat, and her husband, Terry, killed her particular dog for it. But not the other two dogs. I understand that if you have a farm you can't have a dog around that kills other animals, but the solution in my opinon is to 1.) Build better fences. and/or 2.) Rehome the dog. I have a dog that chased chickens, so I made sure she couldn't get to the chickens. It wasn't that hard and nobody ended up dead.

**Riffle edit: Typed the same word twice in a row.

The backstory seems to be that their three dogs killed a goat, and her her husband, Terry, killed her particular dog for it. But not the other two dogs. I understand that if you have a farm you can't have a dog around that kills other animals, but the solution in my opinon is to 1.) Build better fences. and/or 2.) Rehome the dog. I have a dog that chased chickens, so I made sure she couldn't get to the chickens. It wasn't that hard and nobody ended up dead.

Oh Lissar... you and your logic speak! Now we all know that shouldn't be happening!

[please note the sarcasm that you cannot display well in written word!]

Edited because are and and are two different words!

The backstory seems to be that their three dogs killed a goat, and her her husband, Terry, killed her particular dog for it. But not the other two dogs. I understand that if you have a farm you can't have a dog around that kills other animals, but the solution in my opinon is to 1.) Build better fences. and/or 2.) Rehome the dog. I have a dog that chased chickens, so I made sure she couldn't get to the chickens. It wasn't that hard and nobody ended up dead.

I had a dog that killed 25 chickens. I found her a nice home with two acres and no chickens.

Guest Anonymous

Shit. Just....shit.

I can't remember the backstory on this one. Is she the one that let the husband abuse her daughter too.... must go read....

Oh Lissar... you and your logic speak! Now we all know that shouldn't be happening!

[please note the sarcasm that you cannot display well in written word!]

I don't get it- why are you mocking Lissar? She is just saying what most of us are thinking, and probably more of us will write similar sentiments.

But you see, that would make sense.

I do give small credit to the mother for at least admitting that she fucked up with her eldest daughter. Not all shitty parents are willing to admit it and continue to blame the kid entirely instead of themselves. However, in her "loving a rebel" posts, she still goes on and on about her daughter rebelling and doesn't seem to show any ounce of realization as to why her daughter rebelled so hard. I don't blame the daughter one bit for "rebelling". I would have too. It's good they've reconciled, but after reading the loving a rebel posts, I have to wonder just how bad of a step-father Terry was to Amanda. I'm glad she's married now and has a family of her own and I hope she's happy with her life now because her childhood must have sucked. Wish Amanda much luck in her life.

Guest Anonymous
I don't get it- why are you mocking Lissar? She is just saying what most of us are thinking, and probably more of us will write similar sentiments.

I don't think BlackHawk is mocking me. I read it like he was being sarcastic in regards to the d-bag husband's inability to come up with a solution that didn't involve (I assume) shooting the dog.

**ETA: Of course I could be totally wrong. Tone on the internet! It's tricky sometimes. ;)

That whole post made me feel ill. Her husband appears to be nothing more than a selfish, immature, arrogant jerk. And what is up with this prayer (bolding mine):

Lord I choose to forgive Terry for offense , which has caused me to feel emotional response . I am willing to pay for the emotional pain and consequences that Terry has caused me. I ask You, Lord Jesus, to take back the ground I have given to the enemy through my bitterness and I now yield that ground to Your control.

So he has done something that deeply hurt her, and she is the one who will pay for it. He is free from all accountability, and she basically has to just get over it. Heaven forbid the big strong manly leader be responsible for his actions. :roll: :doh:

The backstory seems to be that their three dogs killed a goat, and her husband, Terry, killed her particular dog for it. But not the other two dogs. I understand that if you have a farm you can't have a dog around that kills other animals, but the solution in my opinon is to 1.) Build better fences. and/or 2.) Rehome the dog. I have a dog that chased chickens, so I made sure she couldn't get to the chickens. It wasn't that hard and nobody ended up dead.

He's an evil bastard and I think he must hate Sheryl. For that matter I think she hates herself. Why else would she stay with him

But Lissar, the dogs need to learn to resist their sinful nature and not attack animals! Maybe she should have had them blanket trained...

We didn't really know which dog was responsible (we had 3), but Sergeant was covered in blood moreso than the other two. Terry was furious and blamed Sergeant and he voiced his concern for the other animals on our small farm. He mentioned taking care of the situation and I asked him not to do anything with him while I was gone.

Long story short; he took the counsel of one the people who had come to help and did away with my sweet puppy. He didn't tell me about it until a day or two before we were to return home (once the amazing remodel was complete

This angers me. I admit that I am a dog lover, however, I've also had chickens that I wanted for eggs. I did not blame our dog for killing them but blamed myself for not figuring out a way to solve the problem

What her husband did was cruel to her and the dog but it was also unnecessary. IF she was my friend, I would tell her this is one incident that she shouldn't let go. The disrespect toward her feelings is very callous and is a warning sign. People who are cruel toward animals will often be cruel to anyone weaker than they are.

God designed husbands and wives to experience oneness in marriage, but I was being an island.

Her feelings don't matter. All that matters is that she learn to live with an asshole because, in her mind, that is what god wants.

I don't think BlackHawk is mocking me. I read it like he was being sarcastic in regards to the d-bag husband's inability to come up with a solution that didn't involve (I assume) shooting the dog.

**ETA: Of course I could be totally wrong. Tone on the internet! It's tricky sometimes. ;)

No I swear I wasn't mocking you! Damn this inability to get the words out!

Seriously I wasn't mocking Lissar. I was making a statement in the direction of the husband, not her. What she said above is exactly what I meant.

Now it's time to crawl back under a rock and stay there. :)

I wasn't mocking Lissar, but mocking the husband. I was agreeing with Lissar.

Guest Anonymous

This angers me. I admit that I am a dog lover, however, I've also had chickens that I wanted for eggs. I did not blame our dog for killing them but blamed myself for not figuring out a way to solve the problem

What her husband did was cruel to her and the dog but it was also unnecessary. IF she was my friend, I would tell her this is one incident that she shouldn't let go. The disrespect toward her feelings is very callous and is a warning sign. People who are cruel toward animals will often be cruel to anyone weaker than they are.

Her feelings don't matter. All that matters is that she learn to live with an asshole because, in her mind, that is what god wants.

I am not a dog-lover (due to allergies, and severe reactions, I have reached a stage where I am emotionally distant from them) but I am horrified on so many levels: killing an animal unnecessarily; killing an animal rather than do the work you should have done in the first place to separate your anials; killing an animal that doesn't belong to you, against the wishes of the owner who loves the animal very much.

I think all of this puts the husband in sociopath territory.

I have read the yuku thread now and am sorry for Amanda, who came here and defends her mother still, but I cannot change my mind about the disastrous human being that is the husband, and the very damaged, self-righteous person that is the mother.

:(

Mean, nasty, evil fucker. Contempt and disgust are too mild a word for this man.

I only hope that he was rational enough to provide something of a humane death to the dog. The problem is that based on my experience I doubt he was. My head-of-the-household, umbrella-of-protection father beat my dog to death for digging up plants in the garden. I watched the dog die over a period of several hours from his injuries. Ok, sorry everyone, I am going to go curl up in a fetal position now and imagine all the ways that this evil bastard should be exiled from the human and animal races.

Guest Anonymous
Mean, nasty, evil fucker. Contempt and disgust are too mild a word for this man.

I only hope that he was rational enough to provide something of a humane death to the dog. The problem is that based on my experience I doubt he was. My head-of-the-household, umbrella-of-protection father beat my dog to death for digging up plants in the garden. I watched the dog die over a period of several hours from his injuries. Ok, sorry everyone, I am going to go curl up in a fetal position now and imagine all the ways that this evil bastard should be exiled from the human and animal races.

I am so, so, sorry fundifugee. That's freaking terrible and I hate that you had to lose your dog that way. Poor dog, I can't even imagine.

**ETA: And you bring up a good point in regards to how Cheryl's dog was killed. I assumed that the husband would have killed it quickly, but there's no guarantee that's the case at all. This just gets more and more horrible.

Sorry, blackhawk. I totally misread the intent of your post. I'm the one who should be embarrassed, not you! :)

Sorry fundifugee, I hate people who are mean to animals. :(

This is my first time reading this woman's mess and I don't get the allure that loser has on her or why she took him back at all.

That stupid doormat is lucky she does not accept comments on her blog.

I'd love to tell her how my father killing my dog was one of the things that helped me eventually leave all that religious bullshit, and it is disgusting how she denies her instinct and her critical thinking and her intelligence in order to once again submit to that psychopath's repeated evil behaviour.

Robert Pickton would be happy to have this silly twat for a wife.

That dog was undoubtedly a better person than Terry.

[edited to add more ranting.]

I am so sorry. That was horrible and your father was sick to do that to you

I've heard of farmers killing dogs caught in the act of killing their animals. In those instances, the owner was trying to save his animals. I don't get shooting the dog after the fact, especially when you don't know if that particular dog was responsible or not.

You know, I am not particularly a huge dog lover, and I am absolutely appalled and saddened. I can't imagine the trauma of someone shooting your pet, especially someone who is supposed to love you. This woman has a lot of issues and in some ways, it's hard to feel sorry for her, but this is just terrible.

I commented asking why the dog wasn't given away or separated from the goats. She deleted it.

She also deleted Sola's comment.

Guest Anonymous
I commented asking why the dog wasn't given away or separated from the goats. She deleted it.

She also deleted Sola's comment.

What did Sola's comment say?

I wonder if Cheryl realizes that post is revealing her husband as evil and herself as - hell, I don't even know. Troubled? A doormat who wouldn't protect her beloved animal or her not so beloved child from the wrath of a controlling, unfaithful, frightening asshole?

Archived