IGNORED

Australian Fundies

naysayersspeak

Haha, just goes to show it is v. much what you're used to- whenever friends or family of mine go to North America, the weak coffee is the no. 1 complaint.

*edited to add a t to "complain"*

It isn't even weak vs strong (and tbh, I find the coffee here MUCH more weak because it is crazy diluted with either milk or water). It is the taste. Brewed coffee, I find, is so much stronger.

That is one scary article.

On a US Christian radio station last year, Darnell said he believed it was possible that the British royal family were actually shape-shifting reptiles.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/spirite ... z1pvWNVsjw

That actually explains a lot about Britain. :D

On the other hand if it was the Bush family, perhaps that explains a lot about America, too.

maybe they're BOTH shape-shifting reptiles.

OMG - does that mean that I was handed a medal by an alien? I'm scared now! :D

It isn't even weak vs strong (and tbh, I find the coffee here MUCH more weak because it is crazy diluted with either milk or water). It is the taste. Brewed coffee, I find, is so much stronger.

double shot long black.

I think it's a different expectations of what makes a good coffee between the USA and Australia. Certainly where I live, we have a strong Italian community, so when we generally order a coffee, we expect to see a barista behind an espresso machine. My parents have a coffee brewer/percolator at home, but I would be annoyed to get that coffee when I went out. I was surprised when I visited the US last year that much commercial coffee is brewed and it was difficult to find what I considered a "good espresso". I was also surprised that people put cream in their coffee... although I did get a taste for the french vanilla coffee creamer and almost wish I'd swiped a couple to bring home!

I also found that the coffee in the UK was generally awful, and Starbucks was the best I could find. I just gave up and went native - they do make a bloody good cup of tea!

NZ has Destiny Church, with "Pastor" Brian Tamaki. Evil fucker that he is.

And DAMN that about Gloria Jeans! Never had their coffee but I loved their strawberry freezers or what ever they're called. Bugger.

Eew. Destiny.

I think it's a different expectations of what makes a good coffee between the USA and Australia. Certainly where I live, we have a strong Italian community, so when we generally order a coffee, we expect to see a barista behind an espresso machine. My parents have a coffee brewer/percolator at home, but I would be annoyed to get that coffee when I went out. I was surprised when I visited the US last year that much commercial coffee is brewed and it was difficult to find what I considered a "good espresso". I was also surprised that people put cream in their coffee... although I did get a taste for the french vanilla coffee creamer and almost wish I'd swiped a couple to bring home!

I also found that the coffee in the UK was generally awful, and Starbucks was the best I could find. I just gave up and went native - they do make a bloody good cup of tea!

I find coffee in the US to be much different than it is in Canada. That said, you can still get espresso and what Australians call 'flat white' in higher end coffee places, you just have to ask for it by its proper name. I would call a flat white a cafe au lait or a cafe latte.

I LOVE those French vanilla coffee creamers as well. The 7-11 chain in Canada has a coffee bar where they say there are 100 different coffees (or something like that). What they mean is there is 7-11 coffee with a bunch of different creamers and sprinkles. I used to be able to find the creamers at Coles and Woolies but they don't seem to carry them anymore. :(

Ok, in general, this article is frightening and I wish something could be done about these groups that clearly prey on the mentally ill...however, this quote just made me think..."Crazy man, he's clearly never watched Dr Who and learned that the British royal family are clearly space alien werewolves"

I was about to say, "That guy watches too much Dr. Who......or not enough" :lol:

Archived