IGNORED

19 Reasons and Counting

ladypuglover

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yup. Remember, they had that New Year's prayer and decided then to follow the Frothster.

Ah yes praying in the new year. I'm sure gonna make that a new holiday tradition around here :roll:

Guest Anonymous

Siah's expresions from those pictures still haunt me, I still want to free Siah. :(

Yeah, he clearly looked like he had just taken a trip behind the woodshed (aka got a whipping). When I saw that it made me want to take JB behind the woodshed for a good 'ol fashioned ass kicking and a whipping.

I've watched that video twice (don't ask me why, blame the wine), and even though the children seem well rehearsed, there's just something about Josiah that bothers me. I really don't think he means what he says and is trying so hard to be "pro-frothy" with his awful acting skills. I can buy the older ones to a certain degree but, I don't know, I'm worried about Josiah. Hell, after his sudden disappearance from Mullet's pregnancy announcement, I think they're trying hard to reel him back into the Gothard movement.

Guest Anonymous
So how are they reconciling what they believe about Catholics and Catholicism with their support of Frothy?

All of that Catholic hate goes out the window when you find a Christian right-wing candidate who has the same general political and family values that you do. A lot of people in my community who belong to conservative protestant churches are backing Santorum....the very same people who spout how evil the Catholic Church is. It's crazy!

Guest Anonymous

Ok...all of them were obviously reading from a script or teleprompter. There is no real emotion to their voices or facial expressions. And to me, Jana seemed to be going overboard with the acting.

Like anyone with half a brain is going to vote for Frothy because some snot-nosed Howler on t.v. tells them to? Please. :roll: Having lots of children doesn't qualify someone for Presidency.

Is there a video clip to the announcement of Michelle's pregnancy where Josiah leaves the room? Or the one for the screencap in this thread (if they're different clips).

Josh's video is ridiculous. It looks like he woke up all the kids in the middle of the night and said, "Time to say your lines!" Hence the messy hairstyles and terrible skin.

Maybe the terrible production values are on purpose though. Josh probably went to the TLC people and asked for help. They didn't want to get caught dead making a political commercial, but they didn't want to make their "star" unhappy either, so they sabotaged everything they could.

The lighting guy? Sure, I'll set these lights so everyone has strange shadows.

Makeup: Concealer? You don't need concealer!

Hair: Let's try teasing!

Camera guy: Wide angles are very bold and artsy--they makek people think about the Wild, Wild West.

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Is there a video clip to the announcement of Michelle's pregnancy where Josiah leaves the room? Or the one for the screencap in this thread (if they're different clips).

I found this one earlier this evening:

ETA: skip to about 7:00

On a positive note, I'm glad that Josie can talk now. Jim Bob and Michelle made such a big deal out of her ability to wave bye-bye and blow kisses that I was afraid she couldn't do much more than that.

Thanks, Minerva. When you go through there frame-by-frame, there are a lot of unhappy boys. Jer (the twin in grey) looks way more upset than Josiah does. And the older boys in the back are not impressed either. Joyanna is headed off-screen with Josiah too. Grandma is none too pleased either. She needs to pack up and move to Amy's house.

I hate Josiah's body language there--something's definitely not right when a kid's instinct is to get his arm up like that.

I just feel so sorry for these kids.

Thanks, Minerva. When you go through there frame-by-frame, there are a lot of unhappy boys. Jer (the twin in grey) looks way more upset than Josiah does. And the older boys in the back are not impressed either. Joyanna is headed off-screen with Josiah too. Grandma is none too pleased either. She needs to pack up and move to Amy's house.

I hate Josiah's body language there--something's definitely not right when a kid's instinct is to get his arm up like that.

I just feel so sorry for these kids.

You're welcome. I imagine that after what happened with Josie, they've all been living in terror of their mom getting pregnant again.

This is heartbreaking? This kids don't realise the hate they are peddling. They're 1 protest at a soldiers funeral off from being the WBC.

Josh's video is ridiculous. It looks like he woke up all the kids in the middle of the night and said, "Time to say your lines!" Hence the messy hairstyles and terrible skin.

That's probably not far off. I think when Josh was posting his pictures to instagram of shooting a "viral video", it was dark outside. He certainly looks very tired in his shot.

Smuggly: Senator Rick Santorum will fight for small businesses and bring American jobs back home.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that one. It just makes me want to :doh: because Josh could have one of those jobs in a small business if he would ever GO TO WORK.

What Jinger says I find especially horrible - its cruel, and she's been raised to be so dense and arrogant.

There was something very off about Josiah - although I do feel he actually gets enjoyment out of the presenting, without regard to what he's saying.

Just a few comments after watching it once, which is all I can take.

There is something extra-icky about poor little Josie being forced to say she loves a creepy middle aged stranger in a sweater vest.

We don't see much of him, but Jeremiah always seems to come across as one of the brightest of the kids.

Josiah. A little over the top?

James can read!

And even Jackson seemed to be laughing about how stupid the whole thing was.

According to his instagram comments, Josh filmed this turd at 1-2AM. Yep. Toddlers up at two in the morning. :twisted:

Sorry about the "Buttfuck" Arkansas. I didn't mean it to refer to all of Arkansas - just that 1 square mile or so that defines the Duggar compound.

As for the immigration comment - I assumed that being an interior state with no foreign border or water access would make immigration a non-issue. This would seem to be born out by the 2010 census on demographics:

"According to the 2010 U.S. Census, Arkansas had a population of 2,915,918. In terms of race and ethnicity, the state was 79.5% White (77.5% non-Hispanic White), 14.3% Black or African American, 0.7% American Indian and Alaska Native, 1.2% Asian, 0.2% Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander, 2.8% from Some Other Race, and 1.3% from Two or More Races. Hispanics or Latinos of any race made up 5% of the population." (source Wikipedia)

94% white/black does not sound too multi-cultural to me. And those figures are for the whole state, not just the rural area around the Duggars.

YMMV

I am pretty sure when they talk about "securing the borders of America" they don't really mean securing all the borders of America, just the borders that divide America from places where people typically have darker skin tones. E.g., You don't see the Canada/US border being secured with barbwire fencing and a bunch of militia with shotguns roaming around...

Am I the only person who thinks a decent percentage of the people who turn up to Frothy rallies are just there to see the Duggars? Seems to me like a lot of people comment on meeting the Duggars, but then they say that they are voting for Ron Paul as the "true conservative". And poor Smugs seems none the wiser ;)

Yes Jinger, I'm sure you understand the complexities of welfare reform! So do you, Justin, about "legislating fron the bench" (that always irked me: it's always legislating from the bench when a liberal judge does it, but when a conservative know-nothing like Justice Thomas does he's not an "activist judge"?) :?

Oh, and I have a feeling that Hannie didn't wanna do her part! :ugeek:

Stupid clip, although I have to give it to J and A: their two kids are very very cute.

ETA: Is that Jeremiah with the very curly hair? Did he get a perm (how weird, perms are so 1980s. They mess up yr hair pretty bad, I know, I used to perm my hair in my late teens)? Never noticed curly hair on any of the boys.

Unfortunately I still have to give my vote for "worst actor" to Jana... unless she was doing that on purpose to make fun of the video/Santorum???

Nah, too much to wish for!!

Is that Jeremiah with the very curly hair? Did he get a perm (how weird, perms are so 1980s. They mess up yr hair pretty bad, I know, I used to perm my hair in my late teens)? Never noticed curly hair on any of the boys.

I'm sure it's natural. Sometimes straight hair just suddenly turns curly at puberty. Happened to my brother at about 14. He went from having poker straight hair to tons of curls over the course of one summer.

Archived