IGNORED

19 Reasons and Counting

ladypuglover

I'm in the UK so not watching this particular Duggar show, but I'm intrigued by the suggestion that Michelle may have had an abortion before her marriage. Why is this thought to have happened?

It wasn't Michelle, it was Karen Santorum. And she did have 'deliver now, or die' abortion at 20 weeks, I believe.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/1 ... 14964.html

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:::shudder:::

That was truly sickening, for so many reasons.

Gee, I wonder why comments and ratings have been disabled? :whistle:

"Activist judges"? Do the people coming up with these slurs know how the balance of powers works?

And naturally, they wouldn't mind the "activist" judges as long as they were trying to do things like overturn Roe v. Wade. The possibility of the next president nominating new SCJs is one of the things that makes it so concerning to see Santorum jockeying for that position.

It's pretty damn sickening to see those kids trotted out to be political props. Hannie's comments about Bella loving her dad were worth an eye-roll, but at least that's a reasonable concept for a 6-year-old. So much worse to see preteens talking about activist judges, pro-gun policies, etc.

Aside from the content, it was really poorly edited. You might want to go back to the SOTDRT on videography, Smuggar. A lot of the wide camera angles captured shots that went outside the background screens, and the sound quality was all over the place while being too low overall.

Having the kids who aren't old enough to vote or even understand the politics icks me out.

What is there to understand, just vote the way daddy tells you.

That's really poor. Why would a serious candidate allow such irrelevant shit to be said about him? :lol:

Welcome to the world of the GOP :roll:

These were my thoughts as I was watching this

BS :angry-nono:, BS :angry-nono: , BS :angry-nono: , BS :angry-screaming: , BS :angry-screaming: , BS :angry-screaming: , BS :angry-screaming:, BS :angry-cussingblack: , BS :angry-cussingblack: , BS :angry-cussingblack: , BS :angry-cussingblack: , BS :angry-cussingblack: , BS :angry-cussingblack: , BS :angry-cussingblack: , BS :angry-cussingblack: , BS :angry-cussingblack: , BS :angry-cussingblack: , BS :angry-cussingblack: , BS :angry-cussingblack: :angry-fire: :angry-teeth: :obscene-birdiered:

Other observations

They are all clearly reading off their lines from a place card

Their eyes are freaking me out!! WTF is wrong with them!! They must be possessed!

umm Freedom, you keep using that word. I dont think it means what you think it means.

For the constitution?!!!!!! Again, I dont think it means what you think it means!

Using children as your mouth piece when most of them have absolutely no idea what you are talking about is tacky! I think that children should be left out of all things political. Sure the Obamas have family pictures with their daughters but they are not actually involved in the campaign.

Also, the 19 kids and counting is a TLC brand. The duggards dont actually own the rights to that brand. I doubt that TLC would approve this video. I wonder if this is going to cause a shit fest when they find out. They may be tired of the duggars anyway and ready to kill the show. This would be a great out.

Jinger is so pro-life that she wants people to die by cutting welfare. I sure hope she grows up eventually and realizes how hypocritical she is.

Wow... Just wow...

Anna and Josh look AWFUL! All but the little kids are so canned! Let’s go through (sorry if I get names wrong)

Boob: Rick and Karen Santorum have been married for over 21 years

Michelle (in the blue shirt): The Santorums are raising seven precious children and they have one in heaven (insert weird smirk)

Smuggly: Senator Rick Santorum will fight for small businesses and bring American jobs back home.

Michael: Rick cares about my future

Mykenzie ?: Rick Santorum for president (I think… can’t really tell)

Anna: He wrote and led the charge on the bill that ended partial birth abortions

Jana ? - He’s an honest man not the run of the mill flip flopper politician

JD – The son of a veteran, Rick believes in a strong national defense. Peace through strength.

Jill ? Senator Santorum was a tea party kinda guy before there was a tea party

Jessa?? He’s a defender of traditional marriage, protecting the core of our families.

Jinger – Rick led the fight on welfare reform, one of the largest cuts to any federal entitlement program. He knows how to cut government waste.

Joseph - Senator Santorum has consistently stood for family values and he lives them.

Josiah – Rick has a bold plan to balance our budget in 5 years, cutting waste of our tax dollars

Joy – He believes in securing our borders so that we can deal with the immigration challenges in our nation

Jed? -Mr. Santorum has an A+ rating from the NRA and he will defend our gun rights

Jer?- Rick Santorum will fight for the keystone pipeline helping bring energy production and jobs to America.

Jason? = He believes in defending our constitution and the freedom of every American

James – Senator Santorum believes a strong economy starts with strong families’

Justin - He will only confirm judges and justices who understand the value of every human life and don’t legislate from the bench.

Jackson – He’s a very nice guy. He’s funny too and he smiles a lot.

Hannie - He’s a daddy and he loves his children and his bella loves him so much.

Jennifer - I like his sweater vests. Like my sticker?

Jordyn – Game on

Josie – I love you rick

Boob – We are asking you to join us in supporting rick Santorum for president of the United States

Random fluff and thumbs up + the mandatory bible cite…

Produced by the Duggars (no mention of a PAC or approved etc)

They got a little desperate on those reasons towards the end...

Nearly all the kids looked different. . . exhausted and unhealthy and pale and kind of . . . .messy. I'm not trying to be mean, many of them appear quite attractive on the show, but on this infomercial. . . not so much. From Josh down to JD down to Josie, they all looked off.

Just because it deserves it's own snark thread.

go_-gxksOQg

Just picking out the best bits here....

'Seven children and one in heaven' - So, Michelle, that brings your total back down to 19 after all!

'Rick cares about my future!' - Yes, because you're a white male. Most of your generation won't be either of those things, and they also deserve a voice.

'He banned partial birth abortion!' - That's a fallacy. It was already illegal.

'Strong national defense' - America already spends more on defense than anything else!

'Peace through strength' - I wouldn't class an invasion as peaceful, but maybe that's just me....

'Protecting the core of our families' - Funny, it's not the government endorsing my relationship that gives me my sense of self-worth.

'Welfare reform... one of the largest cuts of waste' - So we're making the poor poorer and spending all our money killing brown people? Also, I wouldn't call feeding the poor a 'waste' of money.

'Securing our borders' - They're already secure. White people are merely being outbred by legitimately resident hispanics.

'He will defend our gun rights!' - So we won't give the poor money for food but we'll give them the right to an automatic weapon! That can only end well....

'Only pro-life judges' - What happened to democracy, freedom of speech and the right to disagree with authority? It's America, not Myanmar.

Does anyone else think that Josiah's voice sounds completely different from the rest of his family??

The video is nauseating! It's full of mindless fluff! I will die laughing when frothy makes them take it down!

I'm kind of concerned to see Jessa looking so 'unkempt'. She usually takes such pride in her appearance that I wonder if something is really wrong...

The video is nauseating! It's full of mindless fluff! I will die laughing when frothy makes them take it down!

Its likely that buttnugget got some money from the PAC to make a video. Frothy isn't going to ask to have it taken down, he needs cheap publicity so he shit all over the carpet at the republican convention.

The Duggar sign they are using for the campaign I swore it had the TLC logo on it - is TLC supporting one candidate over the others?

The Duggar sign they are using for the campaign I swore it had the TLC logo on it - is TLC supporting one candidate over the others?

I didn't see that but I do recall a poster that was on the instag. and it said that the Duggars of the TLC show etc. nothing illegal in that.

I'm kind of concerned to see Jessa looking so 'unkempt'. She usually takes such pride in her appearance that I wonder if something is really wrong...

It added to the "I really don't want to be doing this" vibe I got from her.

Though I don't mind the straight hair.

Jinger is so pro-life that she wants people to die by cutting welfare. I sure hope she grows up eventually and realizes how hypocritical she is.

Doubtful. I think we can all agree that fundies (of all stripes, this is not just limited to Christians) are the least self-aware people on the planet.

Smuggly: Senator Rick Santorum will fight for small businesses and bring American jobs back home.

Correction: Rick Santorum will fight for small business OWNERS, their employees can go all go to hell as far as he's concerned. And fuck you for being against minimum wage. I'm working literally the only job I can get in this economy, and if it weren't for minimum wage laws I'd be living on the street. Bringing "American jobs back home" won't do shit for the economy if half the population is living below the poverty line.

Michael: Rick cares about my future.

Maybe, but not that of your sister (at least not in a good way).

Anna: He wrote and led the charge on the bill that ended partial birth abortions

And there are so fewer late term abortions now because of that bill! Wait, what do you mean all it did was make late term abortions riskier for the patient?

JD – The son of a veteran, Rick believes in a strong national defense. Peace through strength.

Peace through strength...because it's not really killing if they're not American.

Jessa?? He’s a defender of traditional marriage, protecting the core of our families.

Jinger – Rick led the fight on welfare reform, one of the largest cuts to any federal entitlement program. He knows how to cut government waste.

Joy – He believes in securing our borders so that we can deal with the immigration challenges in our nation

Homophobic, classist AND xenophobic? So Christian, I am totally feeling the love right now!

Jer?- Rick Santorum will fight for the keystone pipeline helping bring energy production and jobs to America.

Fuck. No. (Also wasn't Obama favourable to the pipeline too? This doesn't exactly make Santorum unique.)

Immigration security? is that a big problem in Buttfuck Arkansas? Might the Duggars get exposed to actual foreigners?

I really don't appreciate it being called "Buttfuck", but yes, immigration is a big issue in NW Arkansas. 35% of Springdale residents are Latino (and people here tend to assume that all of them are illegal, which of course is very wrong). Springdale also has the largest Marshallese population outside of the Marshall Islands. Bentonville, AR is right nearby and has quite a few business people immigrating there from all over the world (there are a lot of Indian immigrants in particular). Fayetteville is very close as well and, as it is a university town, also has people from all over the world.

Not the point, I know, but I get tired of people bashing NW Arkansas. We hate the Duggars, too!

The video was completely nauseating. I'm glad the Duggars are showing their political side more, though, because I think this could make quite a few people realize what a disgusting family the Duggars are.

Its likely that buttnugget got some money from the PAC to make a video. Frothy isn't going to ask to have it taken down, he needs cheap publicity so he shit all over the carpet at the republican convention.

I agree! Frothy IS hoping to shit all over the carpet at the RNC. Judging from the production quality of the video, I'd say Smugs spent the PAC money on shitty fast food and not the production of the video. :naughty:

It added to the "I really don't want to be doing this" vibe I got from her.

Though I don't mind the straight hair.

I thought worse than that, seeing as I doubt Jana/Jill/Jinger were thrilled but they all looked their normal, chirpy selves. Her eyes were all red too like she'd been crying.

Joshie probably thinks he did a smuglicious job. But the reality is the video is quite amateurish. I think Joshie needs to spend some of that money and go to college or trade school and learn about video production. He can also try to do an internship. There are some things that can't be learned without someone else telling you have to do things or watching someone else do it.

Archived