IGNORED

Anyone excited for the Legend of Korra

AtroposHeart

SO EXCITED!

I was going to watch the leaked first episode, but then I decided it would kill me to have to wait for the second one. So I'm being good and it is hard.

SO EXCITED!

I was going to watch the leaked first episode, but then I decided it would kill me to have to wait for the second one. So I'm being good and it is hard.

Delurking to let ya know.

http://www.korranation.com/

The first two episodes, and its legal :D

Whoever was in charge told us if we can get their facebook page up to 100,000 likes they'll release the first two episodes early, and they delivered.

Very impressive! I had wondered about the injustice of the bend-ocracy in that universe and I'm glad they're exploring that with this episode.

• 2 months later...

Yea, I was a fan of the original Avatar series and I'm a big fan of this one. I can't choose which one I love more. :D

• 2 weeks later...

HOLY SHIT.

I'm not the only one who saw all that, right? Oh my god. That was...

O.O

I can't believe they're getting away with this on goddamn Nickelodeon.

Editing, because holy fucking shit, I'm tearbending.

Yep. You didn't see wrong.

They got away with murder/suicide on a Saturday morning cartoon.

Yep.

And with what appears to be the main character contemplating suicide herself within minutes of that.

I'm a spammer with ED

2/10

Also, I saw a screenshot of the scene where

all of the Avatars before Korra are standing there, and I think Korra may be the first female Water Avatar in several cycles. Water Tribe guys are freaking huge, too, and I don't think I saw a single woman, unless the Water Avatar standing behind the Earth Avatar behind Yangchen is female. Also, I was reminded that in ATLA, only a few female Waterbenders were ever shown and that seems to be the case in LOK as well. The hell? Why do genetics and the Avatar Spirit seem to prefer dudes?

Edited, because... yeah, Korra's definitely not the first Water Avatar in several cycles.

• 3 weeks later...

FOUR BOOKS YAY! :dance: :dance:

Oh, and what's awesome is, we're finally going to see Kya, and more of Bumi, and two episodes in the next book (which will be called Spirit! :dance: ) will deal with the mythology of the spirits and the Avatar.

Hopefully that last one means I'll FINALLY figure out who the hell that Fire Avatar is who came before Yangchen. And why whenever the Avatar Spirit is reincarnated into the Water Tribes, it seems to favor guys. That's been bugging me ever since I noticed it.

FOUR BOOKS YAY! :dance: :dance:

Oh, and what's awesome is, we're finally going to see Kya, and more of Bumi, and two episodes in the next book (which will be called Spirit! :dance: ) will deal with the mythology of the spirits and the Avatar.

Hopefully that last one means I'll FINALLY figure out who the hell that Fire Avatar is who came before Yangchen. And why whenever the Avatar Spirit is reincarnated into the Water Tribes, it seems to favor guys. That's been bugging me ever since I noticed it.

I have been waiting for the origin story of the Avatar since the premiere of Avatar: The Last Airbender (Yes, I have been a fangirl since the beginning) and it is so exciting!

I have been waiting for the origin story of the Avatar since the premiere of Avatar: The Last Airbender (Yes, I have been a fangirl since the beginning) and it is so exciting!

Now I'm going nuts making up theories about the Avatar and how a new one is found, and what happens in the ~16 years before an Avatar is revealed. Kuruk got lucky in that nobody tried to start shit after Yangchen, but Aang got boned.

Also, where did the "don't tell the Avatar they're the Avatar until they're 16" idea come from? Oddly enough Aang and Korra seem to be the exceptions that prove the rule, Aang was told he was the Avatar early on and ran off so he wouldn't be forcibly separated from Gyatso. Korra figured out she was the Avatar at four and got locked up for the next 13 years. Seriously, what's with sheltering the Avatars like that? Isn't that completely missing the point of making the Avatar human?

Now I'm going nuts making up theories about the Avatar and how a new one is found, and what happens in the ~16 years before an Avatar is revealed. Kuruk got lucky in that nobody tried to start shit after Yangchen, but Aang got boned.

Also, where did the "don't tell the Avatar they're the Avatar until they're 16" idea come from? Oddly enough Aang and Korra seem to be the exceptions that prove the rule, Aang was told he was the Avatar early on and ran off so he wouldn't be forcibly separated from Gyatso. Korra figured out she was the Avatar at four and got locked up for the next 13 years. Seriously, what's with sheltering the Avatars like that? Isn't that completely missing the point of making the Avatar human?

I theroize that Aang asked the White Loctus to watch after his reincarnation, but they took it to far. Honestly, a ten year keeping the world safe is not the smartest move and I can see them waiting, but circumstances with Aang and Korra ended up being a major game changer.

I theroize that Aang asked the White Loctus to watch after his reincarnation, but they took it to far. Honestly, a ten year keeping the world safe is not the smartest move and I can see them waiting, but circumstances with Aang and Korra ended up being a major game changer.

Yeah, I think that's what happened too. Before Aang, the Avatars were kept totally in the dark until 16, then whisked away to learn to bend the other three elements. Effectively, an Avatar wouldn't be able to do much for the world until they were well into their 20s (wasn't Roku only fully realized at 28?) I know that a 12 year old keeping the world safe isn't a smart move (or a 17 year old), I just don't understand why the Avatar is basically kept hidden or occupied for so long, especially when it's established in-series that people do take advantage of the Avatar's absence to get away with some heinous shit.

I agree that the White Lotus took Aang's request to keep the next Avatar safe way too far; he'd totally be pissed that Korra hadn't even left the South Pole in 17 years. Aren't Avatars also meant to be well-travelled to know something about the world, or was that more of an Air Nomad thing with Aang? In any sense, he most certainly would not approve.

Oh, and while I'm on a roll, Amon and the Lieutenant.

I think there's a chance that the Lieutenant survived Amon's attack. He may not have, but that's okay. On the other hand, there's no way Amon survived that explosion. He was just driving the boat when Tarrlok blew it up. There was no time for him to escape. He's totally dead. What I don't get is, it seems like nobody who believes the Lieutenant died believes that Amon could possibly be dead. WTF? We've seen characters take far worse than what the Lieutenant did, and Amon survived being shot in the chest by lightning and THEN thrown into the pilings two minutes later. If Amon returns in the next series, and the Lieutenant is confirmed dead, I won't be able to believe anything in the series anymore and I'm someone who always goes along with canon.

Yeah, I think that's what happened too. Before Aang, the Avatars were kept totally in the dark until 16, then whisked away to learn to bend the other three elements. Effectively, an Avatar wouldn't be able to do much for the world until they were well into their 20s (wasn't Roku only fully realized at 28?) I know that a 12 year old keeping the world safe isn't a smart move (or a 17 year old), I just don't understand why the Avatar is basically kept hidden or occupied for so long, especially when it's established in-series that people do take advantage of the Avatar's absence to get away with some heinous shit.

I agree that the White Lotus took Aang's request to keep the next Avatar safe way too far; he'd totally be pissed that Korra hadn't even left the South Pole in 17 years. Aren't Avatars also meant to be well-travelled to know something about the world, or was that more of an Air Nomad thing with Aang? In any sense, he most certainly would not approve.

Oh, and while I'm on a roll, Amon and the Lieutenant.

I think there's a chance that the Lieutenant survived Amon's attack. He may not have, but that's okay. On the other hand, there's no way Amon survived that explosion. He was just driving the boat when Tarrlok blew it up. There was no time for him to escape. He's totally dead. What I don't get is, it seems like nobody who believes the Lieutenant died believes that Amon could possibly be dead. WTF? We've seen characters take far worse than what the Lieutenant did, and Amon survived being shot in the chest by lightning and THEN thrown into the pilings two minutes later. If Amon returns in the next series, and the Lieutenant is confirmed dead, I won't be able to believe anything in the series anymore and I'm someone who always goes along with canon.

It was confirmed at the San Diego comic con that he Amon died. I did not hear anything on the Lieutenant

Well, young minds are inpressionable, they may not want someone to try to influence the Avatar at that young of an age.

Remember how Tarrlok tried so hard to win over Korra? Of course, there are politicians who would try to make the Avatar at a young age like them or side with their cause.

Archived