IGNORED

David and Priscilla Waller's website redesigned

xReems

Looks like they redesigned the website and posted more pictures along with Priscilla's story.

DavidlovesPriscilla.com

What sin would a 9 year old have that she needed Jesus in her life?!

so Anna and Priscilla also went on a Journey? Interesting.

I have been reading too much George RR Martin - I almost typed "this is known."

Anyway, yep, pretty much every ATI girl goes down that route at some point. Priscilla was actually a group leader when the Duggar girls went on their Journey.

I found Priscilla's account about how she didn't feel anything on her last run as a single person rather depressing, but also very honest. She's really honest throughout the whole thing, actually - saying she didn't really know him and she knew he didn't really know her, etc. Because she's so far gone she doesn't even realize that these are Not Good Things. Fascinating.

Anyway, yep, pretty much every ATI girl goes down that route at some point. Priscilla was actually a group leader when the Duggar girls went on their Journey.

I found Priscilla's account about how she didn't feel anything on her last run as a single person rather depressing, but also very honest. She's really honest throughout the whole thing, actually - saying she didn't really know him and she knew he didn't really know her, etc. Because she's so far gone she doesn't even realize that these are Not Good Things. Fascinating.

I must have missed that

It...so many red flags with the run, and the whole thing really. It's like when you have a crush and you think "If I married them I'd be Mrs. So-and-so" and then you actually talk to them and realize eh, maybe not. Only they don't get the "eh, maybe not" part is a vaild answer.

Gotta love generic spam comments:

video deal March 17, 2012

I am really thankful to the owner of this site

who has shared this fantastic article at at this place.

Edited to add: The SOTDRT is strong in this post:

On Monday, March 19th, Priscilla and I will depart for the nation of Romania to serve the Lord there for one month. We are excited about the opportunity to work with patients to resolves their stress by apply the truths of God’s Word to their daily lives. The door of opportunity is very great and we feel very inadequate in and of ourselves. However, we know that God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all we can ask or think. I had the opportunity to go to Romania in November. Learn more.

Please pray for us as we embark upon this opportunity, that God will be glorified and the investment that is made in the nation will bring a harvest of spiritual fruit.

From the website:

In September 2007, two sisters came on a Journey to the Heart. Priscilla and Anna Keller came just before Anna would meet and get to know Josh Duggar. ... It was then I remember coming down to the kitchen to get some further ideas on a project I was working on. These two sisters were serving side-by-side and enjoying themselves. Susanna, being her normal self was teasing Priscilla and when I saw Priscilla’s beautiful response of love, my heart skipped a beat.

So it looks like Jana and the other Duggar girls went to Journey of the Heart in hopes of meeting Prince Charming, too? I wonder if the girls put on their best makeup/ outfits for all ATI events, including the big home school concert in Texas, for this reason.

Also, what does David do for a living? How was he able to afford a 3 week honeymoon in Georgia and the isles of the Philippines? Also, Priscilla's wedding dress was obviously professionally designed and custom made, in comparison to Anna's plane white t shirt dress. Was that David's shiny red Mustang or did they rent it for the wedding? Did TLC pay them for the wedding?

The bit about Anna and Smuggar is not factual. They'd already met, about a year and a half prior, at the food stand in Big Sandy. However, it's true, I suppose that they hadn't begun to know each other yet, since they didn't begin the courtship (or pre-courtship, if they had one, that was never clarified) until Jan. '08.

From the website:

So it looks like Jana and the other Duggar girls went to Journey of the Heart in hopes of meeting Prince Charming, too? I wonder if the girls put on their best makeup/ outfits for all ATI events, including the big home school concert in Texas, for this reason.

Also, what does David do for a living? How was he able to afford a 3 week honeymoon in Georgia and the isles of the Philippines? Also, Priscilla's wedding dress was obviously professionally designed and custom made, in comparison to Anna's plane white t shirt dress. Was that David's shiny red Mustang or did they rent it for the wedding? Did TLC pay them for the wedding?

I think David works for ATI and does missionary work. From their honeymoon pictures it looks like the trip to the Phillipines was more of a missionary trip than a honeymoon. My guess is that Atlanta was more of the honeymoon part than the Phillipines.

Agree the Philippines pics look more like a Gothard mission trip than a honeymoon.

I noticed this little tidbit from Priscilla's Story, which made my eyes cross trying to decipher the "English" and slog through the jargon.

I did not know what the future held or even what was God’s will, and I also knew that the ball was not in my court. then goes on: He asked me: “Priscilla, What has been the desire of your heart?†My first thought was, “Starting a courtship with David Waller,†but I could not verbalize it until my dad explained, “I just had the best talk with David Waller

At least she admits that these ATI marriages are arranged affairs. As far as dressing up for the Journeys to meet a guy, you can't. You are given a pack-list. Pris met David at ATI HQ in between her Journey assignments. Interesting how wonderful she makes working for Gothard sound, compared to those who broke free and write at Recovering Grace.

Of course, Priscilla is drunk off the Kool-aid, so I expect nothing less from her.

The Journeys to the "Heart" are indoctrination camps that deprive you of sleep and often food, until you basically have a nervous breakdown and repent of some imagined sin. Jana Duggar "discovered" she was full of pride.

Looks like they redesigned the website and posted more pictures along with Priscilla's story.

DavidlovesPriscilla.com

What sin would a 9 year old have that she needed Jesus in her life?!

You think that is bad, wait until you read that David realised that at THREE YEARS OLD.

In fact, at an early age I began to see that no one had to teach me how to sin, I did it quite naturally. It was toward the end of my third year of life that I recognized I was a sinner and that the punishment for sin is eternal separation from God in a horrible place of torment that He calls hell. I remember talking to my parents about my placing my trust in Christ as my only hope for salvation. I also remember the calm assurance that swept over my soul after giving my life to Jesus Christ and trusting Him alone for salvation.

Honestly, what type of parents convince a THREE YEAR OLD that will go to hell?

The Journeys to the "Heart" are indoctrination camps that deprive you of sleep and often food, until you basically have a nervous breakdown and repent of some imagined sin. Jana Duggar "discovered" she was full of pride.

Jana? Pride? Poor kid she probably would admit anything if that's what she came up with. :(

@Sola:

The type of parents that blanket-train their kids and find it absolutely normal to spank an infant.

Jana? Pride? Poor kid she probably would admit anything if that's what she came up with. :(

I know, right? Here's the podcast with the Duggar girls after they returned from the journey. And lookie who's with them in the picture. Little Miss Kool Aid herself. livingthejourney.com/2009/10/11/duggars-on-a-journey/

Jana went to a second one alone either fall '10 or last spring (I'm thinking the latter...obviously they don't do these in the dead of winter in the UP of Michigan) before the book tour, coinciding with the time that she reportedly requested not to be filmed on the show. Must have worked since she was actually shown speaking in a couple of recent episodes. She still looks dead in the eyes.

I've noticed in later episodes Jana seems to avoid the camera speaking and Jill gets a lot of the thankless work instead. Like when she stayed in Israel but didn't get greeted when they came home. Poor Jill.

Priscilla writes:

My mother grew up in Miami, Florida where she faithfully road the church bus to church on Sundays.

Road the bus on the rode perhaps. :o

And here I was expecting a "special announcement". Eh, I give it 2 more weeks.

I cried out to the Lord as I headed back to the lodge: “Lord, I know that love is not an emotion! Please show me what you are doing.â€

Um, what?! What is it then, a paper weight?

his gave me a big clue that something was up, especially since he could barely eat, was nervous and had not gotten much sleep. In fact, he only ate two pancakes.

Only two?

I knew, even before reading their website, that a courtship is just code word for "arranged marriage." True the girl gets to decide whether to agree or decline a courtship but, in the end, the guy has to talk to the girl's father first before pursuing a courtship with a girl and the father has to report back to the guy with the "yes" or "no" to the courtship. My parents' marriage was definitely arranged but it was similar to a courtship since my dad went to grandfather (mom's dad) with the marriage idea and my mom got to decide whether to continue or not. I don't understand how having a guy go to the girl first is a bad thing. They can throw in "God said this" or "God said that" in so many different shapes and forms but ultimately, the girl's father decides whether or not it is okay to court their daughter.

Of all the Keller girls, Priscilla REALLY has drunken the ATI kool-aid, even more than Anna and Esther themselves. I think the reason why she seemed so "emotionless" during her run was because of what she was about to get herself into. She definitely seemed to enjoy participating in all these ATI events from JTH and ATI approved missionary trips but once marriage occurs, all that has to stop and she has to tag along wherever David wants to go to and be a good 'ol submissive wife.

She really did promote ATI and Gothard, in general, in her about me section though. Duggars can hide the whole ATI thing as much as they want but Priscilla definitely confirmed Gothard as their God.

Just so.

Archived