IGNORED

Saving Your First Kiss For Marriage Facebook Page

Maul the Koala

Does anyone else follow this page?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Saving-Y ... 6781709167

I'd find it funny if the people running it weren't so serious. Today's post:

There has been a little bit of discussion recently on why we believe it is better to save our first [romantic] kiss for the one we marry and also about "dating" in general.

If we don't know if we are going to be married to a person, should we still be okay with being physically romantic(kissing, holding hands, etc) with them while knowing that we might "break-up" and later go on to marry someone else? This could be pretty awkward if we continue to have contact with that person.

Personally, I would greatly prefer to marry a girl who has not been physically romantic with another person. Since I desire this level of "purity" for my future wife, why should I risk "spoiling" the future wife of another man by being physically romantic with a girl when I don't know if I will marry her?

~Paul

Some of those who disagree:

"Spoling the future wife of another man"? Are we under the Taliban? haha

Worse, we're under the influence of "progressives".

Wow "spoling" sounds like if someones dare of touching a girl she becomes a undesireable. There is something about that statement that doesn't quite sound right

You may call it "spoiling" or being unpure but i kindof like the fact that my future man may have had other girlfriends before me but in the end i got to be the one he married.

You're worrying too much. I mean, what measure is a woman who has had less or more "physical contact"-love is love, and purity comes second to that. Plus, "it might get awkward"? That's just something you have to work on, my boy. Plenty of people do it every day and succeed.

The page owners strike back!

I put "quotes" around the word "spoiling" because I knew it might bother some folks who disagreed with the concept. Do you have an actual problem with my concept of doing unto others as I would have done to me? Or is it the terminology that bothers you?

I completely agree Paul. I want a man who loved me enough that, even before he knew me he was committed to staying pure for me. And I intend to do the same for him.

~Brooke

And the 'at least they're holding men and women up to the same standard' reply

Thank you, Paul, for speaking up in spite of getting laughed at!! I certainly don't like the idea of my future husband putting his hands all over another girl's body. And I hate the idea of another girl kissing my future man!! If I want other girls to respect my future husband, than I need to respect their future husbands. And the same goes for men. AMEN, brother. :D

I quite like the post about going on the first date after the wedding. Snark away!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this guy would call me "spoiled" and therefore beneath his time and interest because I was..

Raped at age 7 by my future step brother?

Dated raped by a boyfriend who didn't want to hear I wasn't that kind of girl?

Because I divorced my very abusive ex-husband who was also a jerk who slept with every woman/teenage girl in town?

Well, now. I'm glad I he thinks I am an "untouchable" because my thrifty husband is always looking for a bargin and he says he hit the jack-pot with me. He can just suck it from half the human race. :evil:

Does anyone else follow this page?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Saving-Y ... 6781709167

I'd find it funny if the people running it weren't so serious. Today's post:

Some of those who disagree:

The page owners strike back!

And the 'at least they're holding men and women up to the same standard' reply

I quite like the post about going on the first date after the wedding. Snark away!

"Spoiling" is exactly what he means. Toad.

So this guy would call me "spoiled" and therefore beneath his time and interest because I was..

Raped at age 7 by my future step brother?

Dated raped by a boyfriend who didn't want to hear I wasn't that kind of girl?

Because I divorced my very abusive ex-husband who was also a jerk who slept with every woman/teenage girl in town?

Well, now. I'm glad I he thinks I am an "untouchable" because my thrifty husband is always looking for a bargin and he says he hit the jack-pot with me. He can just suck it from half the human race. :evil:

I'd like to challenge them and their little happy worlds. I wonder how many of them are above the age of 15.

This is what I wrote;

So a little girl who is raped is "spoiled" because pedifile couldn't control his urges? What then, the little girl can never hope of a Christian marriage? What about the young woman who isn't Christian and does have sex but later finds Christ? Is she "spoiled"? What of the widow? or of a Christian woman who is divorced from a very abusive man? Spoiled? I think the only think spoiled here is the love that Jesus would extend to these people. Think about it. What would Jesus say to these woman? That they are spoiled and ruined in the eyes of Christ? I think not.

This is what I wrote;

QFT.

These fundies always forget John 8:7: "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."

Becca Ní Riain why does a woman need a 'good reason' not to have sex?? I know I'm not always in the mood, I'm not sick or sad or whatever, but simply, not in the mood for sex... under your logic would that not be disrespecting my husband (were I married) and god (were I a believer)? I feel that I am quite sexually liberated, but even so, sometimes one is simply not in the mood, despite one's partner's advances!

Also, I'm sorry, but rape is kind of a LOT worse than hating your body, as it is not your own body you have done something awful to - i know that you believe when a couple are married they become one body, but in the case of rape, despite however much guilt the man may feel, I can guarantee that the person raped feels a lot worse.

Saving Your First Kiss for Marriage ‎Becca Ní Riain, as a Christian we are called to do a lot of things we are not necessarily in the "mood" to do. We are called to love our enemies, do good to those who hate us, help the poor and sick and widowed and orphaned. Following God is counter intuitive. We no longer live for ourselves but for Christ who ransomed us for our sins. So, "not being in the mood" is not a good reason in and of itself to withhold oneself from sex with the husband God gave you. I am not saying you cannot tell your husband you aren't in the mood, but as scripture warns, do not deny each other so that Satan can get a foothold in your marriage.

Also, as you stated previously, as Christians we believe that a man and wife are one flesh so rape (which actually has a legal meaning not a spiritual one) is the same as hating your own body if done against your spouse. ~Mrs. T.

I don't know why this subject/face book page has me so heated up but I am hotter than a tea kettle left on to long. I am just steaming that these children dare to judge others because of a kiss, sex act wanted or unwanted or even of a crush. They are trying to destroy everything normal, human and sane about a loving relationship between 2 people. They are trying to turn love and marriage into a sexless chore for the woman where the man is the only person who has any feelings, wants and rights in a marriage. Fuck this shit but if I wasn't already in a very happy marriage I would go find myself a very loveing relationship with another woman as I want nothing to do with their hetro-non-sexual idea of marriage.

Now, who has the booze and chocolate for this overly homonal old lady?

And now I am having a bittle of wits with the owner of the page... and I am boozeless and no peanut m&ms to battle with! FML!

I don't know why this subject/face book page has me so heated up but I am hotter than a tea kettle left on to long. I am just steaming that these children dare to judge others because of a kiss, sex act wanted or unwanted or even of a crush. They are trying to destroy everything normal, human and sane about a loving relationship between 2 people. They are trying to turn love and marriage into a sexless chore for the woman where the man is the only person who has any feelings, wants and rights in a marriage. Fuck this shit but if I wasn't already in a very happy marriage I would go find myself a very loveing relationship with another woman as I want nothing to do with their hetro-non-sexual idea of marriage.

I do! And if you weren't married, I'd be proposing right now.

I've got half of a fairly good cheese pizza, its yours Pugs, but I'm out of booze. :obscene-smokingweed: Come on take a walk on the wild side, its saturday night :D

I've got half of a fairly good cheese pizza, its yours Pugs, but I'm out of booze. :obscene-smokingweed: Come on take a walk on the wild side, its saturday night :D

It's been 22 years but I really could smoke a bowl right now. :evil:

Saving a first kiss for marriage is basically hoping and praying that one will be sexually compatible with one's spouse. Some Jewish couples don't touch at all before marriage, and I think that's dangerous.

It's simple. Men tend to be so scared of being judged sexually inferior that having a "pure" woman is a sure way of removing all comparisons.

These tighty righties, kids and adults, want a monochrome world, where everything/life event occurs within their narrow parameters. No human variation permitted, no chance, no correctable errors. Its just another reason for me to look upon them with disgust. These are kids on this FB page, they know nothing about life except what their parents have told them and what they were brainwashed into believing. None of their comments are based on life experience, and all of heir values are enforced by fear. They were never taught to question authority, thats a pretty dangerous personal position to be in.

These tighty righties, kids and adults, want a monochrome world, where everything/life event occurs within their narrow parameters. No human variation permitted, no chance, no correctable errors. Its just another reason for me to look upon them with disgust. These are kids on this FB page, they know nothing about life except what their parents have told them and what they were brainwashed into believing. None of their comments are based on life experience, and all of heir values are enforced by fear. They were never taught to question authority, thats a pretty dangerous personal position to be in.

QFT!

And now I am having a bittle of wits with the owner of the page... and I am boozeless and no peanut m&ms to battle with! FML!

Isn't it unfair to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed foe?

Ack, there is just no reasoning with stupid!!!1! This kid won't even answer a question straight on without running to mommy and daddy first! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Isn't it unfair to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed foe?

I'm the one unarmed here, no booze, no pot, no m&ms. And no wits. :(

I'm also working on my game on FB to keep from throtling this twit.

And he is done with me the little brainless snot. but this was my last post.

Why are you erasing my posts? You make a public statement about something you feel very strongly about but then erase something that calls out your pharisees beliefs. You're not walking in Christ at all but in what you have been told to believe. Whose values are these since they are not of God? I pity you and will pray that you read your bible and see what Christ has for you and not just what your parents want. When you can discuss adult issues like marriage, love and sex then maybe you will see that you are speaking from child's point of veiw. You are setting up your future for failure by putting your desires before Christ's word. Read your bible and seek his word.

Don't trying to get holier than thou with me you little punk because I can talk the talk too as I unlike you have studied the bible for myself and not just what my parents wanted me to study. :snooty:

I wonder what they would say to the suggestion that a husband might not be in the mood if his wife propositions him?

Then again I doubt they would believe this could happen (that the man wouldn't be in the mood or that a wife would proposition).

thanks to one of those posts I learned that you can be unfaithful to your spouse before you marry them. which then begs the question how do you know who your future spouse will be. what if you pass him/her by because you are so worried about being unfaithful to him/her that you don't realize that they are the one you were supposed to marry.

I think my brain exploded from the thinking. it's like the grandfather paradox of time travel to the past.

Archived