IGNORED

Gay couple tossed from Frothy Rally for kissing

Witsec7

Two men who kissed one another were kicked out of presidential candidate Rick Santorum’s rally Friday evening at Christian Liberty Academy in Arlington Heights.

Santorum was 15 minutes into his speech when the two men shouted and got the attention of the crowd. They exchanged a kiss, prompting guards to eject them and the crowd to chant “U-S-A†while they were leaving the gym.

When asked whether the kiss was a public display of affection or merely a symbolic act, Timothy Tross of Lombard and Ben Clifford of Algonquin, declined to comment.

“I don’t think the message should be about what my sexuality is,†Tross said. “It’s the message that he’s saying about sexuality that matters.â€

About 50 protesters lined the street before the rally with signs that read “LGBT No H8,†“Catholics Against Santorum†and “If I incorporate myself, would you treat me like a person?†LGBT activist Matt Muchowski, who created the Facebook group “Carmel Catholic Alumni Against Rick Santorum,†planned the protest.

Santorum spent his senior year at Carmel Catholic High School in Mundelein and graduated in 1976.

“We feel it is important to counter Santorum’s anti-gay hate, to set an example to students,†Muchowski said. “Rick sends a message of bullying, but we want high school students to know that other alumni send a message of equality.â€

The crowd of protesters, which was described as "mild" by police, was mostly in support of Obama, although there were a couple of Ron Paul fans in the mix. And while some were Carmel alumni, others were there because they heard about it in the news.

Husband and wife, Scott and Sue Delabruere, who went to school when the now-Christian Liberty Academy used to be Arlington Heights High School, said they came because they are both strong supporters of gay rights.

"There was something that bothered us about having someone so offensive in our hallowed halls," Sue Delabruere said.

Santorum's lllinois campaign director, Jon Zahm, estimated 2,100 people were in attendance at the rally—most being strong supporters.

James Doyle, a Mt. Prospect resident, said he came to the rally because he wanted to hear what the former Pennsylvania senator had to say, although he will likely cast his vote for Mitt Romney Tuesday.

“I cannot afford four more years of Obama and his ObamaCare, increased taxes and TARP,†Doyle said.

Leslie Bukowski from Cary, echoed Doyle’s sentiment: “I would vote for anyone who would be better than Obama, and any of them could be better.â€

She said she likes Santorum’s social values, but she is more concerned about the economy and jobs. Rather than hearing about how Santorum’s opponents are wrong, she wanted to hear why Santorum is right for the job of presidency.

Santorum's speech focused largely on the importance of the 2012 election and criticized President Barack Obama's commitment to entitlement programs.

"We need a president who understands that America is the greatest country in the history of the world and what we’ve done across this country, across this world, it’s not oppress, it’s not invade, we are not invaders, we are not people that seek gain of territory, oil, property," Santorum said. "What we seek is security for ourselves and liberty and prosperity for others and it’s nothing to apologize for."

The Illinois 2012 primary election is Tuesday and polls show Santorum trailing front-runner Mitt Romney in the Chicago suburbs, but holding a slight lead among conservative downstate voters, according to the Huffington Post.

http://palatine.patch.com/articles/santorum-8aa0e42c#c

Oh Noes!! 2 boys kissing!! How ungodly!!!!

I swear that if the unthinkable happens in November I'm taking jr. and moving to Canada

It's not the crowd replying that bothers me. I mean really, go kiss in the lion's den and see what happens.

It's the chanting of "USA" that bothers me. Hello, they're American too.

FundiesInMyFamily, we can carpool, if you don't mind cats.

Fundies and AnnieC... I will keep a guest room reserved in your honour!

holierthanyou, I'm not even waiting for an invitation. If Frothy wins, I'm squatting in your backyard. I'll bring my own tent and cake. :dance:

It's not the crowd replying that bothers me. I mean really, go kiss in the lion's den and see what happens.

My thoughts exactly. Apparently hatred and discrimination = USA. So sad.

I am a heterosexual chick in Kentucky. If Frothy shows up here I invite any geographically close female Free Jinger to hang with me. We will go to Frothy's rally and we will kiss until they throw us out. I am willing to do that for the good of the country. I think it would be a fantastic trend to continue to bring attention to his bullshit stance on gay rights. And then I'll take you out for cake and pie.

Hey i too will kiss a girl just for this. He he shows up go arkansas I saw we have at it. I have a friend who will gladly grope everyone too.

Hey i too will kiss a girl just for this. He he shows up go arkansas I saw we have at it. I have a friend who will gladly grope everyone too.

Okay, Free Jingers...we have Arkansas and Kentucky down. Who else is ready to step up and grope a friend for the good ole U S of A???

frothy's followers are the only Americans :doh: .

"We need a president who understands that America is the greatest country in the history of the world and what we’ve done across this country, across this world, it’s not oppress, it’s not invade, we are not invaders, we are not people that seek gain of territory, oil, property," Santorum said. "What we seek is security for ourselves and liberty and prosperity for others and it’s nothing to apologize for."

I'd say he can NOT be serious, but I know he is. :roll:

If we lived in the states my girlfriend and I would totally make out in front of Frothy just to see the look on his face.

If Frothy wins and any Americans want to escape to Canada, you can sleep on my couch:)

I like how one man has long hair. Oh, the jender roles they're breaking!

How is Sanatorium supposed to look all these asshole 'enemies of America' in the eye and make us secure, when he can't handle two faggots in and auditorium of 2,100?

Oh, how I wish I'd known he was nearby. I'd have gladly brought a friend or several. Spin The Bottle, All-Girl edition!

I'd say he can NOT be serious, but I know he is. :roll:

He needs to rewrite that as: "What we seek is liberty for others when it will guarantee security and prosperity for ourselves. Otherwise we just look the other way."

holierthanyou, I'm not even waiting for an invitation. If Frothy wins, I'm squatting in your backyard. I'll bring my own tent and cake. :dance:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Man I wish I knew he was in Arlington or else I would have gone out to protest.

Chanting USA? Wft? Sometimes I forget the burbs are a different world, with places like Wheaton College and Gothard HQ.

Stuff like this shite makes me glad I am in the UK.

Yeah, same here. "USA, USA!"? What a weird reply.

I already missed my opportunity; he spoke at my school a few weeks ago, and was met by boos from a crowd sporting Ron Paul shirts/signs.

Archived