IGNORED

Dougie goes on a "Hazardous Journey"

sableduck

http://www.hazardousjourneys.org/

Dear Dougie,

I find I must say it once again.

Two nights ago, my husband, my sister, and many, many of my closest friends spent the night on the side of a gorge, complete with steep cliffs and tall waterfalls, searching for a young man who had accidentally fallen earlier in the day. They rappelled, they walked, they climbed, they searched. When it was apparent that a rescue was impossible, since the young man was dead, they woke early in the daylight hours to go back and risk their lives again, this time to make sure they could bring the body home and give the family closure.

That was a hazardous journey, Dougie. That is dominion, risk, manhood(and womanhood). You have no clue what you are talking about, so shut up until you do. Play acting at danger and hazard is stupid. This isn't some game that you get to pretend you are part of. Danger, risk, hazard--this stuff is real, and some of us do it, not because we want too, but because someone actually needs help. Until you realize the truth of that, please just go someplace and shut up. Because you are really, really pissing this hugely pregnant woman off.

Dear Dougie,

Two nights ago, my husband, my sister, and many, many of my closest friends spent the night on the side of a gorge, complete with steep cliffs and tall waterfalls, searching for a young man who had accidentally fallen earlier in the day. They rappelled, they walked, they climbed, they searched. When it was apparent that a rescue was impossible, since the young man was dead, they woke early in the daylight hours to go back and risk their lives again, this time to make sure they could bring the body home and give the family closure.

That was a hazardous journey, Dougie. That is dominion, risk, manhood(and womanhood). You have no clue what you are talking about, so shut up until you do. Play acting at danger and hazard is stupid. This isn't some game that you get to pretend you are part of. Danger, risk, hazard--this stuff is real, and some of us do it, not because we want too, but because someone actually needs help. Until you realize the truth of that, please just go someplace and shut up. Because you are really, really pissing this hugely pregnant woman off.

QFT!

Doug Philips is a tool!

by the way, VF rumor is that Dougie announced today at a conference that they are going to Antartica next year. What morons.

Eh, Dougie wouldn't know real danger if it bit him in the ass, if he could find said ass with both hands, which I doubt.

His adventures in the Amazon didn't lead to death or disfigurement, so he must continue.

Also, is it just me or does "dominion" scream "white imperialist"?

More play acting.

Can I suggest a trip to an active volcano? Down an active volcano?

I was thinking a biology conference. But yeah... :D

His adventures in the Amazon didn't lead to death or disfigurement, so he must continue.

Also, is it just me or does "dominion" scream "white imperialist"?

It's not just you. He's doing his very best to channel Rudyard Kipling as far as I can tell, but it's just not working out. Because, like, it's 2012. Call me a heathen if you want, but hey, the days of endless frontiers on planet Earth are OVER, and the more interesting problems all have to do with figuring out how to live sustainably - meaning, precisely NOT how the previous centuries of swashbuckling Dominionist Imperialist "adventurers" did things. There isn't unspoiled nature waiting for a homestead Doug, it's a small multicultural world just beginning to figure out that capitalism isn't the answer, and endless fields of brownfield wasteland waiting to be rehabilitated with people already living on 'em. Up to the challenge?

He's doing his very best to channel Rudyard Kipling as far as I can tell,

Please, please - don't insult Kipling. Dougie is far worse. Kipling was a product of his time, and expressed commonly held sentiments that were not then regarded as inappropriate.

The world has moved on since then. It's just Dougie who has not.

He's doing his very best to channel Rudyard Kipling as far as I can tell, but it's just not working out.

How about Baroness von Blixen? Dougie would look quite fetching in a white linen blouse, canvas skirt and pith helmet.

by the way, VF rumor is that Dougie announced today at a conference that they are going to Antartica next year. What morons.

So that trip is on? Good Lord.

Watch out, atheists! Once Dougie and the boys are back from Antarctica, it will be proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that evolution is a myth.

From the daughter and mother of veterans,

sister and cousin of law officers,

:text-+1:

I've been thinking about VF's upcoming Titanicfest.

The overreaching goal seems to be to re-instruct boys to get up and do things, and girls to sit down and wait for boys to rescue them, uh-huh. :roll:

How is showing the kids the old Titanic movie* and taking them on a tour of the Branson Titanic tourist stop going to teach boys to be responsible, sacrificial, resourceful and gallant?

How is the dinner/tea cruise on the lake going to do that?

It's not, they're not.

What's going to imbue young men with a sense of responsibility, etc., is seeing their fathers acting responsibly, etc.!

So where are Doug's seminars and books for men explaining that sometimes the best foreplay is doing the dishes? That a real man foregoes the costumes and European jaunts - or whatever extras in life that he wants - until he's sure his family are provided for, and not just physically, but emotionally and spiritually?

They don't, AFAIK, exist.

*The earlier Titanic movie was shown to a old woman who had survived the sinking as a young girl. As the house lights went up, she was weeping, "If they were there wtih cameras, why didn't they help us?" Trufax, i read it long ago. The original version apparently is way gritier and truer-to-the-event than James Cameron's version. That's why I can't see it. I'm a wuss.

Dougie is incapable of being a real man so he has to play at it. It's kind of sad, really, to live a life where you pretend to be something you are not and never will be.

Dear Dougie,

:handgestures-salute::handgestures-salute::handgestures-salute:

Perhaps Dougie could go on a Hazardous Journey to some poor, gun crime prone part of the world and help those in need YOU KNOW LIKE HOW JESUS WOULD HAVE DONE

Dear Dougie,

Nods. Dougie wouldn't know difficult or hazardous and would never let himself get into one and wouldn't know what to do if he actually got himself into a hazardous situation. He's just playing pretend and dress up.

Who do they propose to preach too in Antarctica?

I suddenly have this image of Doug, sitting on an ice cube with a child on each knee, surrounded by penguins listening to his word... like in that old 1950s image of Jesus with the sheep and schoolchildren.

I'd like to see Dougie take his troops to Afghanistan. Now there's a country that could use him and his brave group of men.

Guest Anonymous

I suddenly have this image of Doug, sitting on an ice cube with a child on each knee, surrounded by penguins listening to his word... like in that old 1950s image of Jesus with the sheep and schoolchildren.

Maybe he plans to re-enact "Penguin Island" by Anatole France.

I'd like to see Dougie take his troops to Afghanistan. Now there's a country that could use him and his brave group of men.

I think real war cramps Doug's style of historically romanticized battle. A little OT, this episode of "It's Always Sunny" was on the other night and the one scene reminds especially of Doug's recreations (and how they tend to come across to me).

xKxF9mrCTrU

I think real war cramps Doug's style of historically romanticized battle. A little OT, this episode of "It's Always Sunny" was on the other night and the one scene reminds especially of Doug's recreations (and how they tend to come across to me).

xKxF9mrCTrU

He's going to seriously find himself in a situation like that when he least expects it, and he may not have his troops around when it happens. I wonder if he employs security to accompany him on his daily outings and trips? I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm telling you, the Bradrick Bunch are going to mess with something they shouldn't and end up needing the government to intervene and rescue them. And I still can't help but think what a douche move it was for Dougie to go to HAITI on a little tour-trip... and Antarctica seems the biggest joke. He wants to go there to work with creation-scientists to help prove the world is 6,000 years old. This place is DANGEROUS!!! And to bring children there? Seriously?

To the OP: yes, that is a real, hazardous journey not taken for pleasure but for basic human necessity. Doug's manly excursions don't touch that... and I doubt in the pampered world they all live in that they could even being to understand that.

Archived