IGNORED

"God is going to rapture Christian airline pilots"

Boltingmadonna

This is the first time I've tried to link to youtube, so I hope it works. From http://www.stufffundieslike.com/2012/03/goh-the-king-is-coming-re-written/

http://youtu.be/G5TTFvVuiq4?t=1s

The lyrics are hilarious. A sample:

Many airplanes crash in mystery, as the pilots disappear.

In the streets, a mass of wreckage, and it grips men's hearts with fear.

Don't miss the endless piano flourishes in the intro, and the oh-so-serious but slightly off-key crescendo at the end. I would think this is a Poe, but they're in a church and they certainly look the part. You can't fake that fundie beefcake.

Edit: Yes, they've removed the video. I'm sure they can't understand why it was being ridiculed in such an ungodly manner, when they took themselves so seriously!

Shit, and here I was thinking airline's priorities were simply more on profit and less passenger safety. Silly me.

I have a feeling that if fundies and evangelicals disappeared, the US would be a better place. They like to think they are so important, but the Michael Pearls and Chris Jeubs of the world do very little of value to anyone.

I have a feeling that if fundies and evangelicals disappeared, the US would be a better place. They like to think they are so important, but the Michael Pearls and Chris Jeubs of the world do very little of value to anyone.

Yup! I almost wish the Rapture was actually a real thing, because a Gothard-free world would be a fine world to live in!

Are we sure this video is not a parody? The video made me laugh so hard, I spit out my water and sprayed the screen. :lol: :lol: :lol:

To those who don't care about dueling Christian theologies, please forgive me for posting the following for those who either do care or who are just curious about what the vast majority of Christianity believes about "the rapture":

http://copiosa.org/four_last_things/rapture.htm

It's a rather interestingly illustrated statement of the traditional Christian view of "the rapture" as explained by a Roman Catholic priest, and pretty well aligns with what the Lutherans taught me.

Also posted for those Christians who may be blushing at the "rapture" silliness that distracts some of us from our real callings, ie., to honor God, serve others and enjoy life.

:)

Hmm... if it is a fake it is quite a convincing one given the audience + projector screen behind them...!

If it is not then the arrogance is astounding.

To those who don't care about dueling Christian theologies, please forgive me for posting the following for those who either do care or who are just curious about what the vast majority of Christianity believes about "the rapture":

http://copiosa.org/four_last_things/rapture.htm

It's a rather interestingly illustrated statement of the traditional Christian view of "the rapture" as explained by a Roman Catholic priest, and pretty well aligns with what the Lutherans taught me.

Also posted for those Christians who may be blushing at the "rapture" silliness that distracts some of us from our real callings, ie., to honor God, serve others and enjoy life.

:)

Thanks for the link, interestong. I find the Random Capitalisation (and formatting) rather Distracting though... :)

I don't believe in the APocalypse or Rapture. Every SENSIBLE person knows that the end of the world will come in the forms of the Velociraptire and the Alpacalypse. CAN'T WAIT.

Yes, they removed the video. I learned something from reading the comments about it at http://www.stufffundieslike.com/2012/03/goh-the-king-is-coming-re-written/.

A commenter called "Apathetic or whatever" quotes John Stuart Mill:

I have been reading J.S. Mill’s On Liberty

He observes that Christians have two different sets of beliefs to cling to: 1. The Divinely inspired Bible. 2. Socially constructed, temporally contingent beliefs that your social group insists upon.

as he puts it “They pay homage to the first but to the second they give their allegianceâ€.

Just goes to show I should have read more philosophy, because Mill's insight is exactly what I think about fundies. They cling like death to their scriptures, but they ignore most of the content, and guide their lives according to whatever primitive tribal principles make them feel good and special. Then wave the unread Bible to prove God likes them best. Or they cherrypick certain passages that confirm their prejudices, while ignoring others that are just as prominent but less comfortable to them.

Archived