IGNORED

How much do you think the Duggars get paid by TLC?

Justme

According to this article

http://perezhilton.com/2012-10-01-tlc-h ... ses-salary

HBB and her fam now earn 15-20k, bumped from 5-7 per episode. Her ratings are MUCH higher than the Duggars. I'm wondering if they're taking a pay cut to keep the train on track. If the Duggars were earning the 40-50k we thought I'm sure the HBB agents would be screaming about the ratings.

But don't forget, the Duggars have been on TLC since 2004, when the first special aired. That is a very long time for reality tv. I'm guessing they probably make around 40K per episode, and I think they're up to around 150 episodes total. Certainly they've earned over 2 million from the show alone, not to mention the proceeds from books, personal appearances and speaking at churches, leading speeches at ATI conferences, etc.

I still think they Tinker Tot house might be a work in progress if TLC had not come along, and Michelle would have had no more than 15 kids.

Isn't their income going to go down markedly since TLC has discontinued the daily reruns? They'll lose a ton in residuals, won't they?

Hard to tell, some networks don't give reality show participants residuals for reruns. If the Duggars were getting residuals, they might have decreased over time, which happens in the entertainment industry.

Aside from the clothes, they've got quite a few iphones between them and I saw a MacBook in a shot with Mullet.

They also have at least one IQAir filter (~$900+) and Polo sheets on the mattress in the playroom.

All the computers are mac's when they kid on they are homeschooling. I do believe there is more than one macbook and I do believe from Joy Anna up they have iPhones. I'd like to know how they stop then using the internet on them though cos anyone with a pea brain can put safari back on. Do they have fliters for that I wonder.

So no marriages for the Duggars all cos JB doesnt want to share the wealth. Wish they would buy the girls better shoes then. Oh and please someone go into that damn house and bin that blue shirt Michelle wears all of the time.

Seeing as I cant post just yet. Question why do the kids and young adults share a closet/room for clothes and the parents dont? This has always bugged me and what is it with fresh underwear and socks for JB ALL the time is he OCD about that but makes his kids share cos that is icky big time.

More than they deserve

This is true. The Duggars make more per episode than some actors who appear on scripted shows. But with the Duggars, they probably don't make a lot when it comes to DVD or VOD royalties. Reality shows are cheap to make, but sometimes in the long run they don't make a lot of additional profits.

Archived