IGNORED

If The Right Took Over Public School, Would Homeschool Be

debrand

I don't think it would impact homeschooling at all. Guys like frothy want to eliminate federal support of public education and leave it all up to the states. For states that are almost bankrupt and are currently on the bottom, AL MS, this would be devastating. Poorer communities could not be able to support public schools of any quality. The race to the bottom would continue.

I hate coming up with thread titles.

Do you think that if the right and Christian Evangelicals were able to control the school system, that homeschooling would be allowed? I don't think that it would. Liberals would not be able to teach their own children at home no matter how educated the parents were.

Just curious about your opinions on the matter.

That's actually a really good question! I bet there would be a large number of people who conveniently forget their hotly defended right to homeschool once it applied to someone else. However, as other posters mentioned, there is always someone who wants to be more conservative, no matter how conservative you are, so it might balance out in the end.

That's actually a really good question! I bet there would be a large number of people who conveniently forget their hotly defended right to homeschool once it applied to someone else. However, as other posters mentioned, there is always someone who wants to be more conservative, no matter how conservative you are, so it might balance out in the end.

The Christian Evangelicals who hotly defend their right to homeschool also tend to be the people who only care about their freedom to do what they believe, while simultaneously trying to take that right away from everyone else. Those kinds of people generally favour training over education, so it's hard to believe they'd really want all the liberal heathens homeschooling their own children, because in their minds that'd be just as bad as teh ebil public schools. However, if such a horrible thing did happen, they probably wouldn't be able to get rid of homeschooling without making themselves look bad. They may have a lot of disagreements about what's acceptable for schooling, but the prospect is scary enough that even though I think I personally wouldn't be able to homeschool well, i'd prefer that to a school run by that religion any day.

Archived