IGNORED

Why am I still paying attention to Frothy?

Sunnichick31

Ever since we had the audacity to elect a non-white POTUS, the racism in this country has become like an aggressive malignancy. Mississippi and Alabama have been polled as having a majority or near-majority of adults stating that Barak Obama is a Muslim, born outside the United States and that inter-racial marriage should be illegal. It is positively frightening that Frothy has this much support in his outrageous views. I am ashamed that so many of my fellow Americans are so openly hateful. Frothy seems to be garnering support for white supremacy and hatred. I think he forgets that he has little (no) audience for this in Puerto Rico.

There is no law in the US that the POTUS need be a Christian. He could be a Muslim and be president.

Incidentally, I want to be a Puerto Rican woman in my next life. Without a doubt, these are the sexiest women on the planet.

Ever since we had the audacity to elect a non-white POTUS, the racism in this country has become like an aggressive malignancy. Mississippi and Alabama have been polled as having a majority or near-majority of adults stating that Barak Obama is a Muslim, born outside the United States and that inter-racial marriage should be illegal. It is positively frightening that Frothy has this much support in his outrageous views. I am ashamed that so many of my fellow Americans are so openly hateful. Frothy seems to be garnering support for white supremacy and hatred. I think he forgets that he has little (no) audience for this in Puerto Rico.

There is no law in the US that the POTUS need be a Christian. He could be a Muslim and be president.

Incidentally, I want to be a Puerto Rican woman in my next life. Without a doubt, these are the sexiest women on the planet.

so very true. so is it a requirement of republicans to be racist and so full of hate? not all of course but the right wing it seems to be.

I think it's particularly hilarious since the U.S. does not have an official language.

If he gets elected maybe he can make geniebelle the English Only Czar.

If he gets elected maybe he can make geniebelle the English Only Czar.

Geniebelle. Saw the thread tried too read, fell asleep. what did they do again? bigot?

As I have mentioned numerous times in other threads, my fiance is native Puerto Rican. He is a registered Republican, yet cannot stand Frothy and has said he simply isn't voting for anyone in this election.

I found it quite ironic that Ol' Frothster would be campaigning in Puerto Rico after making such ridiculous statements. Methinks he and geniebelle would get along well! I cannot imagine that the "brown" people of Puerto Rico would like to be marginalized in their own country (oh wait... if they become a state, they're screwed if Shitorum gets his way).

(Just for the record, Puerto Rican woman ARE quite beautiful, yet I am a VERY light skinned, green eyed blonde of Irish descent LOL)

Guest Anonymous

Ummm...everybody should be paying attention to him. This nut could very well be our next president, and that is a very scary thought.

He scares the crap out of me! As a republican (although I don't really think I am one anymore if this is what the republican part is becoming...I guess I am really an independent now LOL) who believes in same-sex marriage, interracial marriage (heck I am in one), and is pro-choice and who loves my birth control, I dislike every single person running and he frankly terrifies me.

I think we should all learn Spanish. I don't understand the fetish for English. As far as languages go, it's not a very good one, especially in the written form. I don't think English should go extinct, but we should learn Spanish alongside it. I've studied a lot of languages and Spanish is one of the easiest to learn because it is very consistent compared to English.

As for statehood, I think that should be left up to the Puerto Ricans. Obviously the rest of the country would have to agree to such a change, but if the majority of Puerto Ricans don't want it to be a state, then the rest of us shouldn't push it. Either way, the language shouldn't matter.

I think we should all learn Spanish. I don't understand the fetish for English. As far as languages go, it's not a very good one, especially in the written form. I don't think English should go extinct, but we should learn Spanish alongside it. I've studied a lot of languages and Spanish is one of the easiest to learn because it is very consistent compared to English.

As for statehood, I think that should be left up to the Puerto Ricans. Obviously the rest of the country would have to agree to such a change, but if the majority of Puerto Ricans don't want it to be a state, then the rest of us shouldn't push it. Either way, the language shouldn't matter.

Agreed, except I really like English. I didn't used to, but I have come to like its weird quirks. But I really like Spanish, too. What I really hate is the American fetish for monolingualism.

Agreed, except I really like English. I didn't used to, but I have come to like its weird quirks. But I really like Spanish, too. What I really hate is the American fetish for monolingualism.

Yeah, that's a better way to put it. I don't want to force people to stop using English, only encourage everyone to learn both Spanish and English. Spanish should be taught in every elementary school, and preferably preschool. Waiting until high school is too late for most people to really grasp it permanently. Learning a second language makes kids better at English, and Spanish is both useful to learn (because there are so many speakers worldwide) and one of the easiest to learn for native English teachers.

Yeah, that's a better way to put it. I don't want to force people to stop using English, only encourage everyone to learn both Spanish and English. Spanish should be taught in every elementary school, and preferably preschool. Waiting until high school is too late for most people to really grasp it permanently. Learning a second language makes kids better at English, and Spanish is both useful to learn (because there are so many speakers worldwide) and one of the easiest to learn for native English teachers.

Definitely. I am involved in a program at my college where I teach elementary school kids Spanish. After spending four semesters teaching fifth graders, I am teaching first grader this semester and I have to say that the difference is ENORMOUS. Fifth graders insist on having everything be translated for them and refuse to try and figure out what anything means without a direct explanation. First graders just accept what you tell them and are happy to try to use the language they've been hearing on their own.

I am 100% an advocate for language immersion in schools at a very young age. Frankly, I don't even think the language has to be Spanish, although it's mostly logical given what percentage of this country speaks Spanish as a first language. But I also think learning a second language at a young age makes learning a third or fourth language a lot easier at an older age, because your brain just understands how foreign language works. Or at least that's my personal experience, having learned in an immersion environment starting in kindergarten.

Archived