IGNORED

Gothard/ATI Books and Materials

helloemi

Crap, I just looked up my name, in Greek it means harbinger of death. Shit, I'm hoping to start med school next year. Guess I won't be revealing the meaning of my name to anyone. Perhaps this is a sign I ought to specialize in palliative care.

Dr. Death sounds like an wonderful evil genius name. Maybe you are destined to take over the world! Have you been practicing your evil genius laugh? Bwa ha ha

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any former ATIs know in which of Gothard's publications I would find the teaching of emotional purity (not talking to the opposite sex or having "feelings" for them before Daddy gives the okay for courtship)? I have the Emotional Purity: An Affair of the Heart , the old version, not the new one edited after Heather Paulsen was married and no longer on the heels of having her heart broken by emotional impurity. I'm taking Religions of the World this semester and have to write two short papers on specific practices of specific cult/denominations and since I just finished a 13 page paper on the cult of virginity and didn't use the research I did on emotional purity, it would be nice to use it now. But I have to have actual material from ATI to prove it is really a thing in a particular cult.

"On pages 170-171, Gothard suggests that a man keep track of his wife’s menstrual cycle and use it as a reminder of the sufferings and death of Jesus, then quotes Isaiah 53:4-5."

Is this why the Duggars do the ATI version of niddah?

I think the real reason is so a man knows when his wife is the most fertile (recall it's all about the bayyyyybeeeezzzzzz) and will know when his bullets,I mean sperm,need to hit the target.

Any former ATIs know in which of Gothard's publications I would find the teaching of emotional purity (not talking to the opposite sex or having "feelings" for them before Daddy gives the okay for courtship)? I have the Emotional Purity: An Affair of the Heart , the old version, not the new one edited after Heather Paulsen was married and no longer on the heels of having her heart broken by emotional impurity. I'm taking Religions of the World this semester and have to write two short papers on specific practices of specific cult/denominations and since I just finished a 13 page paper on the cult of virginity and didn't use the research I did on emotional purity, it would be nice to use it now. But I have to have actual material from ATI to prove it is really a thing in a particular cult.

I think some of these sorts of teachings were taught in sessions and not written out. But I could be wrong.

My name is Jihad,and it means Holy war! No,seriously...

I wonder if that would make a good Duggar name? It does start with a J,after all. :P

And it's better than Jezebel,Jehovah or Judas,no?

I actually met a baby named Jihad through my job years ago. Do you have any idea how hard it is to make the obligatory coos and baby talk that one makes upon being introduced to a very young infant to a child called Jihad?

Is this what you're looking for? store.iblp.org/products/SCSSM/

It's not the cover I remember, but it's been about 20 years ago by now.

Is this what you're looking for? store.iblp.org/products/SCSSM/

It's not the cover I remember, but it's been about 20 years ago by now.

Possibly! I'll see if I can find it on Amazon/Ebay. Not contributing to ATI. Thanks!

Archived