IGNORED

Gothard/ATI Books and Materials

helloemi

In massive quantities she is a painkiller. She can also aid you in getting pregnant.

LOL!

You may have won an internet there. I will check the rules.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would parents giving their child a "less than holy" name (I'm thinking of you, women I met named Tequila and Jezebel) count as parents passing their sin down to their children then?

I know that I can't go around trying to make sense of this, or my head may just explode :? You know, as a woman that is thinking and all.

I actually like both of those names. But, um. Wouldn't use them. ;)

I know someone named Che (with, unsurprisingly, Communist parents). It means "pal" apparently so how does this fit into the health thingy?

The meaning of names is very important to Gothard! Here's an excerpt from Gothard's Medical Training Institute of America.

Basic Care Bulletin 1: How to Make Wise Medical Decisions

Step 1 - Use the meaning of your name to motivate good health

The meaning of my name is ____________.

My name related to good health would be ___________.

Example:

My name is Bill. My name means "protector."

My name, related to good health, would mean: "I am to protect my own health and the health of others."

For further information on the meaning of names, see:

Life Notebook, pages 5-18

ATIA Wisdom Booklet 17, pages 719-730

My name means "free man" (I'm a woman; it's a feminization). I am hereby taking this to mean that in order to preserve my health, I should live my life as an independent man would, rather than as a meek little helpmeet/slave.

My name is Michael. My name means "Who is like God?."

My name, related to good health, would mean: "Obey my god-like commands and you will have good health."

It's fun being a man in the patriarchy!

Damn, I'm jealous!! You have the best Gothard name ever.

Is it weird/surprising to anyone else that he lets his members decide for themselves what their name means, as related to health? I would have thought he would inform them what it mean, not ask for their interpretation.

He's such an independent thinker! ;)

In massive quantities she is a painkiller. She can also aid you in getting pregnant.

Excellent! Just don't let Chardonnay become an idol. Otherwise, you'll be in the prayer closet.

My name is actually derived from Jezebel, it means either "chaste" or "priestess". Huhm. With such a name, I shouldn't have left the faith, should I? Or do biblical persons count more than the actual name? SO many questions, so little sense.

I have always wondered in curiosity how fundies interpreted evolution and history when actually teaching their kids...

I wasn't raised ATI, but fundie lite and was homeschooled. We used a lot of Bob Jones U Press and ABekka text books. Science was Young Earth Creationism and Bible based, history was revisionist (pro US and white men. Slavery was bad, but so many Africans came to Jesus, so Yeeeeeeh!).

I have a facebook friend (really the wife of my husbands childhood friend) that went to the conference that Doug Phillips was at this weekend. I wish I could have brought myself to ask her to pick up some catalogs/fliers for me...

I would have felt pretty bad if she saw through me or thought I was interested seriously and later found out that it was to mock.

Why must I have a conscience!

On names: My ex-husband was a Randy, so I understand the pain of name meanings! Especially when traveling overseas

My name means industrious and is a common name among writers--those of you who can fill in the blanks between that and "Emmie" should not have a problem guessing it. My middle name means "noble". The middle is a terrible name, I was named after my grandmother, what can you do?

I was watching Freakonomics and apparently my first name is basically an upper-middle-class stereotype. The name was specifically mentioned. I think it has always done me well because it has an intellectual connotation thanks to all of the smart people who had it in the past. I tried to give my children similarly intellectual sounding and versatile names. Jeb was not even on the list, what can you be besides a red state governor or one of the Beverly Hillbillies with a stereotypical name like that?

My name means, quite literally, "Ireland."

What the fuck does Ireland have to do with being healthy? Wait, it has universal health care, doesn't it? So I'm supposed to campaign for universal health care?

Oh, Billy, you've been hoisted by your own petard if that's the case. :D

My first name means superior, my surname means unique display of discipline. Sheesh, I hope its not a euphemism for plumbing line.

My name means "fair" which I always felt off about during my Gothardite years as they are big believers in justice over fairness.

It never occurred to me that maybe fair could also mean fair complected. What? Don't judge. I didn't drink coffee back then. :D

Emmiedahl and Kitty, I now know what your first names are! I love names, meanings, and origins.

My first name means "warrior" and my middle name is Rose......go with it Gothard!

If you go with name meanings, my daughter will be a farmer (both first and middle would work with this!).

My first name means Lord of the Sea. So...I should eat lots of fish?

My last name means Big Mouth or Smart Ass.

Well, seeing that you are going to hell for your obviously evil, devil worshipping name, it doesn't matter what you do! :twisted: (joking/ but it wouldn't surprise me if that is the thought process of Gothard!)

Emmiedahl and Kitty, I now know what your first names are! I love names, meanings, and origins.

My first name means "warrior" and my middle name is Rose......go with it Gothard!

If you go with name meanings, my daughter will be a farmer (both first and middle would work with this!).

I'm "Rival" and also a middle name of Rose. My health isn't rivalling anything I can tell you that!

My name means wisdom, does that mean I have extra access to God's Will? Then again, it is Greek and not in the Bible which probably adds to my heathen status.

I know your name ;)

Considering much of the bible was written in Greek and your name is used for the wisdom of God, you're probably all set.

My first name means Lord of the Sea. So...I should eat lots of fish?

My last name means Big Mouth or Smart Ass.

Whatever your name is, may I politely mention it sounds fucking excellent.

I am a "pearl" (of great price?), though as I don't go by that name I doubt it counts.

I have one of the many variants of Mary - which means, depending on where you read, bitter, drop of the sea, dew of the sea, star of the sea... again, not very helpful. I will be bitter about my own health and the health of others...

Obviously our parents did not give us epistemiologically-conscious names.

My name means wildflower or something, but I am named after a weed. Also the name is tied to a nice place to roll around, and get busy in many a bodice ripper novel. Also a name of a kick ass teen dark comedy. So for health, I can be connected to weed(s), sex and getting a good laugh at the dark side of life.

Archived