IGNORED

ALERT: FJ registered email addresses on public view

Guest purposing

Guest Anonymous
People here see SOME things in black and white. We also expect you to be an adult and take responsibility for what you say and how you behave. That includes your own personal information. When I registered here, one of the first things I did was check my privacy settings. You know, because for me that is important and I took responsibility for that.

Grow up

I took responsibility for everything I said. The problem is you don't like what I have to say. As for the privacy, I chose to make my email address public. I believe I stated that already. Grow up? Ummm...I'm acting no more childish than anyone else here. Because, let's face it snarking is just the adult form of internet bullying. You find somebody with a lifestyle/belief that you think is wrong/dangerous/whatever, and rip them to shreds. That's no different than a bunch of junior high kids engaging in cyber bulling. And, yes that includes me too. Every single one of you are just as nasty and horrible as any fundie, except on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Oh, and oops, sorry for the typo.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous
Um, geniebelle? You signed up for this forum in February. It is middle of March and as of this writing you have 460 posts! Seriously! Either you are a troll or you are a part of FJ, but you are not a victim, so stop this "they", "them", "group of people" b.s.

What sane person would keep coming back to a forum where "they" treated you so badly? A sketchy forum? Seriously? Maybe you need to post a few thousand more times just to be absolutely sure how sketchy this place is. :roll:

Why are you asking a question that you already have the answer to? Me a victim? Hardly. I stopped considering myself a member of FJ the moment I finally realized that this isn't really a snark board.

Hey someone got it! You rock, Thoughtful, by Grabthar's Hammer, you do. (Another Galaxy Quest fan here).

My life is just a series of movie and book quotes, and song cues. :lol:

To the fucking trolls who are bitching about the admins purposely keeping your email address for public view:

Leave. If you have that much of an issue with this forum, then why bother posting? Nobody likes you, you've caused nothing but stupid drama with your close minded and immature views so fuck off and leave us alone.

:roll:

Because, let's face it snarking is just the adult form of internet bullying. You find somebody with a lifestyle/belief that you think is wrong/dangerous/whatever, and rip them to shreds. That's no different than a bunch of junior high kids engaging in cyber bulling. And, yes that includes me too.

I stopped considering myself a member of FJ the moment I finally realized that this isn't really a snark board.

So you stopped considering yourself a member when you decided FJ wasn't a board dedicated to, in your words, "the adult form of cyber-bullying." ?

I took responsibility for everything I said. The problem is you don't like what I have to say. As for the privacy, I chose to make my email address public. I believe I stated that already. Grow up? Ummm...I'm acting no more childish than anyone else here. Because, let's face it snarking is just the adult form of internet bullying. You find somebody with a lifestyle/belief that you think is wrong/dangerous/whatever, and rip them to shreds. That's no different than a bunch of junior high kids engaging in cyber bulling. And, yes that includes me too. Every single one of you are just as nasty and horrible as any fundie, except on the opposite end of the spectrum.

And I need to learn not to post from my phone under the influence of cold meds. I was not clear at all, and I apologize for that. You do take responsibility for what you say. And you mentioned that you intentionally made your email address public, but then whined when people here used that information to learn more about you. Whatever.

The privacy information was aimed at J-whatever who was complaining about the public email addresses, as was the grow up comment.

I'm still trying to figure out why you're here. I apologize for the confusion above.

Am I the only one who uses a throw-away e-mail address to register with on forums?

To all the trolls

tumblr_lrn7vnFlpv1qd6frd.gif

Am I the only one who uses a throw-away e-mail address to register with on forums?

No, you're not but I surprised myself by liking FJ so much that I used my real email address, the one that normally I only let family and close friends use.

So you're all my BFFs now, even you, Geniebelle. :)

Guest Anonymous
then whined when people here used that information to learn more about you.

Wrong! I was just explaining to another poster what happened. I knew from the get go that somebody would look up my information. I am a genealogist, so I left my email public just on the off chance I came across someone who was researching the same family surnames. Speaking of genealogy, there were a couple of comments along the lines of "she has her whole family tree all over web" or something like that. I don't know what that was all about, but whatever.

[ That's no different than a bunch of junior high kids engaging in cyber bulling. And, yes that includes me too. Every single one of you are just as nasty and horrible as any fundie, except on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Cyber bullies spread lies and rumors about people. As far as I know, this board has been pretty honest. We don't comment on their blogs or even disuss them on places where we think that they visit. We keep our snark here on this forum. I don't see how that is similar to cyber bullying.

Wrong! I was just explaining to another poster what happened. I knew from the get go that somebody would look up my information. I am a genealogist, so I left my email public just on the off chance I came across someone who was researching the same family surnames. Speaking of genealogy, there were a couple of comments along the lines of "she has her whole family tree all over web" or something like that. I don't know what that was all about, but whatever.

Ok

Guest Anonymous

This is good to know; thank you! I'm usually very careful about such things and even I missed it. I don't think it's very clear. And now I am hoping I won't get snarled at for saying it's not very clear.

Guest Anonymous

Cyber bullies spread lies and rumors about people. As far as I know, this board has been pretty honest. We don't comment on their blogs or even disuss them on places where we think that they visit. We keep our snark here on this forum. I don't see how that is similar to cyber bullying.

Ummm....I think it has been said many times that some fundies do read here. In fact, I have seen some blogs referencing FJ. Maybe some get upset maybe others don't. However, bullying does not equal lying. Someone could say I have a fat ass (which is true) and post it on a single message board or all over the internet. It's wouldn't be a lie, but it is rude and bullying. Oh, and by the way, I'm not saying I'm being bullied. If anything this is just plain funny!

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....it is really annoying the way you preface all of your posts with this.

I tend to think it's intentional. This is what they dug up about me because I (intentionally at the time) left my email address public:

1) My name

2) My Facebook page

3) My Twitter account (one of them actually wanted to follow me)

4) Several sites where my genealogical information is posted (intentionally made public to connect with other researchers)

5) Other internet forums I belong to

Of course there's probably more, but you get the idea. The very moment I said something they deemed sexist or racist they mentioned everything they found on me. Does it bother me? No. Am I angry? No. I intentionally put the information out there. Having my information out there for the public to see led to finding my long lost great-aunt's family and connect to others researching the same family surnames.

Anyway, you're right this forum is sketchy. This is a group of people who see things in black and are intolerant of different opinions. That is hypocritical and makes them just as bad and crazy as the fundies they snark on.

Why the fuck are you still here then?

I knew from the get go that somebody would look up my information.

Then why would you join the forum?

Thanks for the heads up. I checked and apparently I changed it already. I usually do on new forums, but it's good to be reminded.

Thank you, I didn't know that my email was public. And I figured out how to change to my own timezone too!

Guest Anonymous
Don't flatter yourself geniebelle. I found your personal info without the email address.

Don't flatter yourself by thinking I didn't didn't know you could do that.

Archived