IGNORED

ALERT: FJ registered email addresses on public view

Guest purposing

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous
Thank you, I didn't know that my email was public. And I figured out how to change to my own timezone too!

The timezone thing is great... but sometimes I have to log out to see what time it is where the majority is posting from.... :mrgreen:

So, what do you guys think that I need to survive the zombie apocalypse?

Is there a way to make my brain unappetizing to the mindless dead?

Burnt orange nail polish, but one with a glitter in it.

Guest Anonymous

I tend to think it's intentional. This is what they dug up about me because I (intentionally at the time) left my email address public:

1) My name

2) My Facebook page

3) My Twitter account (one of them actually wanted to follow me)

4) Several sites where my genealogical information is posted (intentionally made public to connect with other researchers)

5) Other internet forums I belong to

Of course there's probably more, but you get the idea. The very moment I said something they deemed sexist or racist they mentioned everything they found on me. Does it bother me? No. Am I angry? No. I intentionally put the information out there. Having my information out there for the public to see led to finding my long lost great-aunt's family and connect to others researching the same family surnames.

Anyway, you're right this forum is sketchy. This is a group of people who see things in black and are intolerant of different opinions. That is hypocritical and makes them just as bad and crazy as the fundies they snark on.

As they say, oop north: Rooer, tha'll pee less!

How Christian of you.

And Jesus said, "Let the little trolls come to me, and do not derail their threads with talk of nail polish, for the kingdom of the internet belongs to such as these."

:think: I'll have to buy a case of burnt orange nail polish.

Go with OPI. It's guaranteed to last through at least 5 zombie attacks.

Umm....because I wanted to.

You have a funny way of getting your shits and giggles.

[attachment=0]foe.png[/attachment]

You make me laugh multiple times a day, thank you.

Be geniebelle?

I tend to think it's intentional. This is what they dug up about me because I (intentionally at the time) left my email address public:

1) My name

2) My Facebook page

3) My Twitter account (one of them actually wanted to follow me)

4) Several sites where my genealogical information is posted (intentionally made public to connect with other researchers)

5) Other internet forums I belong to

Of course there's probably more, but you get the idea. The very moment I said something they deemed sexist or racist they mentioned everything they found on me. Does it bother me? No. Am I angry? No. I intentionally put the information out there. Having my information out there for the public to see led to finding my long lost great-aunt's family and connect to others researching the same family surnames.

Anyway, you're right this forum is sketchy. This is a group of people who see things in black and are intolerant of different opinions. That is hypocritical and makes them just as bad and crazy as the fundies they snark on.

We didn't deem what you said sexist, you agree with us that what you said is sexist and you are glad you got called on it. So don't make it seem like we called you out on stuff that you too don't deem sexist.

How Christian of you.

That is true. What would Jesus do Genie? I thought he taught to turn the other cheek and that kind words turn away wrath, not that one should go be a shit stirring troll.

And no way to unregister either. Ever.

Sooner or later, the forum owner is going to get herself into some expensive legal trouble.

Plenty of forums are like that. I've been members of several large forums where you can't unjoin. Once I feel like I don't want to post anymore, I just quit posting and leave. Not that hard.

Or maybe it's personal. Maybe we just don't like you.

Now, speaking of cakes:

cookiemonster.jpg

And Jesus said, "Let the little trolls come to me, and do not derail their threads with talk of nail polish, for the kingdom of the internet belongs to such as these."

:lol:

Plenty of forums are like that. I've been members of several large forums where you can't unjoin. Once I feel like I don't want to post anymore, I just quit posting and leave. Not that hard.

Seriously. I'm not quite sure what legal ramifications would come from people not being able to unjoin when you can just stop posting/commenting.

I just use a dummy/forum-only email address anyway. I've been caught out via use of my public email address before, and I like what I do on FJ to stay on FJ plz.

I think it has been said many times that some fundies do read here. In fact, I have seen some blogs referencing FJ. Maybe some get upset maybe others don't. However, bullying does not equal lying. Someone could say I have a fat ass (which is true) and post it on a single message board or all over the internet. It's wouldn't be a lie, but it is rude and bullying. Oh, and by the way, I'm not saying I'm being bullied. If anything this is just plain funny!

Interesting logic fail. Fundies are not smaller, weaker or more helpless. They have power, and no one is forcing them to come here. They are adults with choices. Some might say that surfing a site where people criticize you is stupid as fuck.

Because I like being the shit stirring troll

How edgy. Except not really, and I don't buy it. Either you're lonely, or bored or... something ain't right.

debrand wrote:

Yes. Become a fundie. Love VIsion Forum. Worship the Botkins. Follow LAF. Buy plumbing line from the Pearls. Become a Zsuzsu fan.

After a few short days you will be completely safe from zombies eating your brain, because it will have turned to soup and trickled out of your ears.

Now, speaking of cakes:

cookiemonster.jpg

Is it wrong of me that I would still eat them. Well maybe not the already frosted ones but the plain ones.

Wanders off to find cookies but knows there isn't any junk food of any kind in the house.

Yes. Become a fundie. Love VIsion Forum. Worship the Botkins. Follow LAF. Buy plumbing line from the Pearls. Become a Zsuzsu fan.

After a few short days you will be completely safe from zombies eating your brain, because it will have turned to soup and trickled out of your ears.

Bah, I'll stick with a shotgun and a spade thanks.

Seriously. I'm not quite sure what legal ramifications would come from people not being able to unjoin when you can just stop posting/commenting.

I just use a dummy/forum-only email address anyway. I've been caught out via use of my public email address before, and I like what I do on FJ to stay on FJ plz.

Didn't we have to click "I agree" to something before we joined? Doesn't that make us responsible for whatever happens due to our joining? They said they'd keep our passwords safe, they never said anything to indicate they'd do the same with our emails.

P.S. The past two ads at the top of my screen have been for genealogy websites. Good job, guys.

Guest Anonymous
How edgy. Except not really, and I don't buy it. Either you're lonely, or bored or... something ain't right.

Under the influence,and I apologized for shit stirring troll and cyber bulling part just now on a previous thread.

Archived