IGNORED

I'm guessing Miss Raquel's book didn't get published

formergothardite

Miss Raquel wrote a novel last year and has been sending it off to publishers, but judging from her latest post about her dreams being crushed, I'm guessing it didn't get published. I kind of feel sorry for her because she really seemed to believe that she was an amazing writer and that people were going to really want to publish her book. I don't think any adults in her life prepared her for the possibility of this not working out.

But if she really wants to be a writer, I hope she keeps at it and takes a real writing class at a real college and improves her writing skills.

http://god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/

And I hope her horse is okay because she hasn't mentioned him in a long time.

I have known a couple of people who have written novels but have been rejected by publishers and I feel for them. It seems that nobody prepared her for the possibility of not working out. I took a few creative writing classes in college and the instructors said that the publishing world isn't pretty. Maybe she thought she would end up like S.E. Hinton. S.E. wrote The Outsiders and she got a publication deal at 17 or 18.

I started writing in my teens. Got my first novel published when I was in my late 30s. Sometimes it takes a while.

Does anyone know what kind of book she wrote? I could picture her writing Christian romance and you don't have to be a great writer to get that published.

Can't anyone self-publish an e-book with Barnes and Noble or Amazon? I'd think vanity press would be right up her alley.

Miss Raquel wrote a novel last year and has been sending it off to publishers, but judging from her latest post about her dreams being crushed, I'm guessing it didn't get published. I kind of feel sorry for her because she really seemed to believe that she was an amazing writer and that people were going to really want to publish her book. I don't think any adults in her life prepared her for the possibility of this not working out.

But if she really wants to be a writer, I hope she keeps at it and takes a real writing class at a real college and improves her writing skills.

http://god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/

And I hope her horse is okay because she hasn't mentioned him in a long time.

I don't think her parents have done much of anything to prepare her for any aspect of the real world. Since she's homeschooled she has been a bit isolated from many harsh realities of the real world. If she sent it to publishers directly, they would not even look at her novel as most publishers want literary agents to do that bit. Raquel got a few questionable responses from her first chapter, but only had positive ones on the other. She seems to not publish any negative comments about anything. COnstructive criticism is a good thing. I love it when I write because I want to know what someone actually thinks. She's devoid of life experiences and her writing shows she doesn't know much about writing fiction and she is writing on a subject she doesn't have any experience in and didn't do research to learn about. It made her story very unrealistic and the characters unbelievable. If she likes to write, she should continue doing so and not worry about publishing. If her goal was thinking they'd all love her story and she'd be a best-seller and make lots of money, that's an ego issue she needs to work on. If she thought they'd love it like her teenage fans and was not unaware of how harsh getting yourself out there is, that's a lack of life issue and not her fault. Life's much harsher than she is aware of.

Does anyone know what kind of book she wrote? I could picture her writing Christian romance and you don't have to be a great writer to get that published.

Yup some Christian publishing companies sign a lot of writers who aren't great. A lot of the books that end up in Wal-Mart or grocery book sections are pretty crappy. One of my friends has a sister who reads a lot of Christian romance books and she has given a few to my friend to read and she has said they are bad.

Pretty sure it was Christian romance. She has mentioned writing to Christian writers and them writing her back. Even though Christian romance writing is usually bad, the samples of Miss Raquel's writing was even worse.

Well, she's really young, she shouldn't get so upset. She (and a lot of other aspiring authors, for the matter) ought to focus on improving her work, rather than trying to get published ASAP.

There really needs to be a market for Quiverfull fiction. If there ever is, I'm so game. I mean, how hard can this be?

Mrs. Barnfather, mother of 17, menstruates for the first time in eighteen years. A meeting of the saints is called to mourn her wasted zygotes. Across town, another prayer meeting is valiantly issued to address the salvation of Goody Snog's homosexual neighbor, Gary . Though twenty-three prayer warriors are assembled to address this grievous sinner, a grueling four hours pass and Gary remains unsaved. But the electromagnetic energy cultivated by their ardent cries is enough to turn the light on and off in his upstairs bathroom, six times...

Pulitzer anyone?

I have dreams too.

There really needs to be a market for Quiverfull fiction. If there ever is, I'm so game. I mean, how hard can this be?

Pulitzer anyone?

I have dreams too.

LOL! I'll take an autographed copy.

I was describing the ATI/Gothard belief system to my husband and his response was "This would be an amazing plot of a horror novel!" This has me considering writing a fiction piece about quiverful family where things are darker than they seem....

O.k. so things ARE darker than they seem... I'm thinking pact with the devil or something.

Just about every author thinks they're going to be the one who gets published. I've got a friend right now who, while she can write decently, her specific type of stories just aren't what's popular right now, and she doesn't understand why she keeps getting rejected.

I think a lot of people are thinking if Stephanie Meyers got a deal, they surely will too.

I was describing the ATI/Gothard belief system to my husband and his response was "This would be an amazing plot of a horror novel!" This has me considering writing a fiction piece about quiverful family where things are darker than they seem....

O.k. so things ARE darker than they seem... I'm thinking pact with the devil or something.

I like where you're going with this, Helloemi. In the past Quiverfull has been linked to poor wardrobe choices, halitosis, and borderline personality disorders, but never before have we seen A QUIVERFULL OF CROWLEY!

Mrs. Parsnip always hoped for a large family, but she never thought she'd give birth to the anti-Christ twelve times in a row. "My boys keep going on and on about a blood oath and last night the girls baked a charming casserole using goat hooves and virginal human flesh, " Parsnip mused while casting runes. "And I have a four year old who won't stop peeling scabs off the elderly".

Lord Parsnip was available for comments. "People around here think we're a little...different, but once you get past the screams from the West tower and the burnt livestock in the yard, you'll see we're just like any other family that's fallen from grace."

Just about every author thinks they're going to be the one who gets published. I've got a friend right now who, while she can write decently, her specific type of stories just aren't what's popular right now, and she doesn't understand why she keeps getting rejected.

I think a lot of people are thinking if Stephanie Meyers got a deal, they surely will too.

That is happening quite a bit now. Stephanie Meyer gets bashed a lot by critics. I read the first Twilight book and I didn't think it was awful. I thought it was ok for being a supernatural young adult novel.

I think Miss Raquel doesn't realize that Christian novels aren't that hot. I know Christians who dislike Christian novels for different reasons.

Archived