IGNORED

Sponsors pull out from GCB

lilwriter85

The 40 K Moms are happy that some sponsors pulled ads from ABC's GCB.

http://www.onemillionmoms.com/IssueDetail.asp?id=444

Issue Details

Keep the Pressure on 'GCB' Sponsors

Victory! Way to go moms! You are making a HUGE difference! Most of last week's sponsors of ABC's "GCB" heard you loud and clear and did not sponsor this week's episode. Philadelphia Cream Cheese (Kraft), Mentos (Perfetti Van Melle), Chef Boyardee (ConAgra), and Hellmann's (Unilever) have pulled their ads from the Christian-bashing ABC program "GCB." Target was the only company that OMM contacted who did not pull their support so we will contact them again this week along with new sponsors.

OMM continues to be disgusted with the new program "Good Christian Belles" which is blasphemy at its worst! It is based on the book "Good Christian B*tches" and mocks Christianity repeatedly. This anti-Christian program blasphemes God, Jesus Christ, God's Church, and the Bible. As Christians, we will not stand for this Christian-bashing program. Their actions are giving damaging and destructive perceptions of our religion. Not only is this program insulting to viewers of faith, but also degrading to women. Together we will defend our Christian values and beliefs while demanding women be shown the respect they deserve.

The episode "Hell Hath No Fury" aired Sunday, March 11, 2012 at 10/9 Central on ABC with a PG rating.

The show continues to use Biblical references, hymns, prayer, and scripture to portray Christians in a negative light. The second episode also included:

• Gossip

• Sarcastic "God Bless you!"

• "Out Christian You" simulating a competition

• One gives seductive kissy faces to husband in congregation while singing a solo at church

• Grab each others breast and friend's daughter's breast discussing the implants they had done

• "Cleavage helps your cross hang straight"

• Song playing "Jesus Go to Hell"

• One daughter's tiny cheerleading uniform pops open exposing her bare chest and flashing the crowd at a pep rally

• One husband has a homosexual relationship with a foreman at a ranch and wife knows and is fine with it to save her marriage

Networks like ABC continue to mock Christianity and we will not put up with it. Some in the entertainment business have gone too far, for too long. Christians should no longer sit idly by and allow it to continue without speaking up in protest. ABC has sunk to an all time low with this program "GCB."

Take Action

Please send an email letter to the sponsors of this week's "GCB" asking that they pull their support immediately. This week's national sponsors were: Target, Old Navy, Burger King, Virgin Mobile, L'Oreal, Nissan, Bayer, and Hyundai.

Send Your Letter Now!

I hope the new sponsors don't give into the 40 K moms and their stupid bitch fest. The Army of Chenoweth is probably getting for battle.

I can't even stand Chenoweth and I love this show! Argh, and I also liked the one about the minister who wasn't a bleeding saint, either, but that was over ten years back, closer to fifteen. Still. [shakes fist]

I've been watching this show and it seems to me they aren't mocking Christians, they are mocking the people that call themselves Christians but don't behave that way. It's all about people talking the talk but not walking the walk, perhaps phony Christians hits too close to home for some 40,000 moms?

I've been watching this show and it seems to me they aren't mocking Christians, they are mocking the people that call themselves Christians but don't behave that way. It's all about people talking the talk but not walking the walk, perhaps phony Christians hits too close to home for some 40,000 moms?

This.

I'll say it. I'm a Christian and I love this show as does one of my Christian friends. We were both brought up in churches that aren't too stiff necked to make fun of themselves. We don't go to churches with gospel pride with a side of self-righteousness.

We do have a common friend who suffers from the gospel pride malady and she tried to turn us against the show. We told her to try to lighten up and realize that we know her church is well stocked with hypocrites which is what GCB is all about.

Guest Anonymous

I made a point of writing the following on OMM's Facebook page:

I didn't care about GCB before you got involved. However, GCB can now chalk up another viewer thanks to OMM, as I'm going to make a POINT of watching it.

a few seconds ago · Like

I don't know what "1,000,000,000" Moms are thinking. Christians of their ilk don't need a TV show to look bad- they do a fine job making themselves look like assholes.

Guest Anonymous
Issue Details

The episode "Hell Hath No Fury" aired Sunday, March 11, 2012 at 10/9 Central on ABC with a PG rating.

The show continues to use Biblical references, hymns, prayer, and scripture to portray Christians in a negative light. The second episode also included:

• Gossip

• Sarcastic "God Bless you!"

• "Out Christian You" simulating a competition

• One gives seductive kissy faces to husband in congregation while singing a solo at church

• Grab each others breast and friend's daughter's breast discussing the implants they had done

• "Cleavage helps your cross hang straight"

• Song playing "Jesus Go to Hell"

• One daughter's tiny cheerleading uniform pops open exposing her bare chest and flashing the crowd at a pep rally

• One husband has a homosexual relationship with a foreman at a ranch and wife knows and is fine with it to save her marriage

That sounds like a great advert! Wish we had it on over here... looks like great late-night frivolous TV programming.... :lol:

That sounds like a great advert! Wish we had it on over here... looks like great late-night frivolous TV programming.... :lol:

It does sound like great advertising for the show. I don't watch a whole lot of television, but this is one show I'll be tuning in to watch. :D

I haven't watched GCB yet - but they've done a great job of making it sound AWESOME! Will now be checking it out.

The 40 K Moms are happy that some sponsors pulled ads from ABC's GCB.

http://www.onemillionmoms.com/IssueDetail.asp?id=444

I hope the new sponsors don't give into the 40 K moms and their stupid bitch fest. The Army of Chenoweth is probably getting for battle.

Oh, GEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!!!! I'm a Christian and I think this show is hilarious. Absolutely love it! I'm Greek Orthodox, very traditional but my son went to a certain non-denominational Christian Church pre-school in the East Bay. Most of the people were really nice but we ended up pulling him out and sending him elsewhere because some of the teachers, the new pre-school director, and others were exactly these kind of holier than thou faux Christians. Not the environment I wanted my toddler in.

These women are just afraid because they see themselves in some of these characters.

How long has this group been around? I never heard of them until they boycotted All American Muslim. Which I happened to really like. Out of all the reality shows on t.v. it was nice to see one where they weren't fighting, sleeping with everyone, divorcing their quicky husband 72 days after, etc.

And if they're not that old, then they're stupid.

"If it takes trashy TV to do it, Mr. Eisner and ABC won't hesitate!"

http://www.onemillionmoms.com/Examples.html

Eisner's been gone for a long time.

I emailed them about GCB and pointed out that it wasn't a complaint, and that they probably know women just like the characters on GCB. What probably hit home is that it's probably them!

I'll say it. I'm a Christian and I love this show as does one of my Christian friends. We were both brought up in churches that aren't too stiff necked to make fun of themselves. We don't go to churches with gospel pride with a side of self-righteousness.

We do have a common friend who suffers from the gospel pride malady and she tried to turn us against the show. We told her to try to lighten up and realize that we know her church is well stocked with hypocrites which is what GCB is all about.

Same here, and I would totally watch that if I had a TV. As far as I'm concerned, Christians are the most privileged religious group in North America, and a considerable chunk of Christians are assholes about it, so I think may be well-earned. I also happen to not think everyone who isn't Christian goes to hell, so I see this thing as perfectly harmless, but I can see why this would raise the ire of those who are closer to the fundie end of the spectrum.

Erm, not that 40 000 moms particularly care about anyone's salvation, they probably just don't like being out-jerked.

How long has this group been around? I never heard of them until they boycotted All American Muslim. Which I happened to really like. Out of all the reality shows on t.v. it was nice to see one where they weren't fighting, sleeping with everyone, divorcing their quicky husband 72 days after, etc.

And if they're not that old, then they're stupid.

"If it takes trashy TV to do it, Mr. Eisner and ABC won't hesitate!"

http://www.onemillionmoms.com/Examples.html

Eisner's been gone for a long time.

I emailed them about GCB and pointed out that it wasn't a complaint, and that they probably know women just like the characters on GCB. What probably hit home is that it's probably them!

OMM has shown several times they are stupid in their boycott statements. It is funny that they think Eisner is still with ABC. OMM has gotten several details wrong regarding Teen Nick airing Degrassi. The morons at OMM think that Degrassi is produced by Teen Nick, but it is a Canadian show that airs on CTV in Canada. Teen Nick was once known as Noggin years ago and Noggin bought the re air rights back in 2002.

I find their "complaint" reads more like an advertisement for all the great reasons to watch such a funny show. I watched the first episode, and after reading their ad for all the parts in the second episode, I'll be sure to watch that too. I especially love the idea of "out Christianing" one another!

This. It sounds like it hits too close to home for these "moms." Anyway, if I didn't already watch this show, I would be now.

I can't even stand Chenoweth and I love this show! Argh, and I also liked the one about the minister who wasn't a bleeding saint, either, but that was over ten years back, closer to fifteen. Still. [shakes fist]

The Book of Daniel? I also loved that show!

I remember The Book of Daniel. That show came out back in 2006. I remember being in college and some nuts from a megachurch were handing out fliers against it on the campus.

I watched the first episode of GCB. It had some funny moments, but I decided I don't want to spend an hour a week with those characters. They're too mean to each other, plus they're in their 40s and haven't gotten over high school yet.

Archived