IGNORED

Meredith has launched an online children's clothing store!

Hisey

Interesting...from her site -

"5% of all store profits go to benefit families who are in the adoption process"

Yep, I noticed that too. On further investigation the 5% goes to a single "hoping to have an Ethiopian adoption" family at this time.

The Fundie/Evangelical overseas adoption craze goes on and frankly begins to creep me out. It seems the fashionable thing to do in those circles. So many seem to want to adopt for the glory of it and to convert those little "brown" babies to their cause with no appreciation of the child's heritage and culture. I hope they all want to do what is best for these children and don't just want to adopt kiddies for Christ. Also, Ethiopia just put the brakes on overseas adoptions and recently decertified one Christian adoption agency. Possibly due to the Pearl followers that beat the child to death.

I've followed Meredith and family for a year or two. I quite like Mere -- but scratch the surface of that family and the ugly comes out. Remember Oliver's defence of slavery in his (now private) Refiner's Fire blog?

Not my style of clothing at all. Boring with the same color used again and again. For those prices you could get much cuter, better made stuff.

Not my style of clothing at all. Boring with the same color used again and again. For those prices you could get much cuter, better made stuff.

This stuff is actually my style, but the execution is very boring. It also seems pretentious to call something a "collection", when it currently consists of one article of clothing per "collection". And I understand that she's being thrifty by starting off with one fabric, that she obviously was able to purchase cheaply, but it just looks dull. It would have been nice to see a few more items, and maybe a little bit of detailing on some of the dresses. For example, she could have worked with the same material, but done a couple of different styles, with maybe some smocking or sleeves. Oh, and I agree about the seam going all the way up. It looks amateurish. I think she should have waited until she had a little bit more to offer, before launching a business, so she could make a good impression on customers from the start.

But the fundie crowd may buy from her just becasue she's Meredith KWIM?

Slightly OT but thinking about Josh Duggar's fledgling (!) political career, if you compare him to Stephen Hammer as a potential POTUS (which is I'm sure what he aspires to) he does not look good . ..

She's married to a lawyer, so I guess he would make her aware?

I don't think Stephen is a lawyer. Doesn't he have his BA from Princeton and MA from Oxford? I don't think he has attended a law school, not yet anyway. He probably will when he is done his time with the army as his next step toward his political career.

Guest Anonymous

I don't think Stephen is a lawyer. Doesn't he have his BA from Princeton and MA from Oxford? I don't think he has attended a law school, not yet anyway. He probably will when he is done his time with the army as his next step toward his political career.

My bad. I just meant he has studied law.

She's married to a lawyer, so I guess he would make her aware?

Stephen's not a lawyer. He went to Princeton undergrad. Then he was a Rhodes scholar at Oxford. Now he's in the army. No time to go to law school (in the U.S. undergrad and law school are separate).

But the fundie crowd may buy from her just becasue she's Meredith KWIM?

Slightly OT but thinking about Josh Duggar's fledgling (!) political career, if you compare him to Stephen Hammer as a potential POTUS (which is I'm sure what he aspires to) he does not look good . ..

Well, Stephen was educated in teh ebil public shcool and an ebil Ivy League university and his father is an ebil scientist, so whatever his deal is (seriously, I'm dying to know because I don't get him at all) he is very-well educated, very smart, and clearly has exposure to all different sorts of people, none of which applies to Josh Duggar.

Archived