IGNORED

Obamacare more expensive

jericho

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous
And it won't until the government steps out and stops squashing all the little independent organizations who help the poor privately. People won't learn to help until there is a reason to help.

There's plenty of reasons to help now. There are hundreds of thousands of people with no/insufficient insurance. Where is all the private charity for them? Why aren't all of those people being taken care of? Oh, right, because little independent organizations have never been able to care for everyone who needs it, and there's no logical reason to expect that they ever would be able to. You just don't fucking care.

**ETA:

Then don't harass me about my topics, babe.

You are a sexist piece of shit.

And it won't until the government steps out and stops squashing all the little independent organizations who help the poor privately. People won't learn to help until there is a reason to help.

I get where you're coming from, but rather than base policy on political ideals, it ought to be based on what is practical.

The problem with independent organizations is they often do not have the infrastructure or resources to reach people uniformly. Often time they are focused on particular locales, leaving many regions completely unreached, and if specific places are reached, there may be few funds within the community to support charity work.

Then don't harass me about my topics, babe.

Uh, did you really just refer to Experiencedd as "babe"? God, you are a total asshole.

It didn't work in the past. Why should it now? Unless you are finally going to show a time in American history where poor, single mothers were better cared for than they are today by private charities. Hint, it isn't the early 1900's. I hope you study history better before you teach it to your childre.

The government has a duty to look after its people, much like it has a duty to provide decent education not reliant on how much money you have in your bank account.

Naw, you just said that single mothers and their children should be sent back in time to the 1900's, because that would be better for them than living in the modern day United States. Child labor, starvation, ninety hour work weeks, and insufficient, strings attached, church provided charity for all!

Technology is different now. Industry is different now. Medicine is different now. Innovation is different now. The world is completely different now from the early 1900's. To say that times would go back to how it was in the early 1900's if government shrunk welfare is unrealistic.

I get where you're coming from, but rather than base policy on political ideals, it ought to be based on what is practical.

The problem with independent organizations is they often do not have the infrastructure or resources to reach people uniformly. Often time they are focused on particular locales, leaving many regions completely unreached, and if specific places are reached, there may be few funds within the community to support charity work.

It didn't work when my parents came to this country and its likely not to work again. Besides, much private charity requires a dose of that organizations politics or religion along with any 'benefit' they may deliver. Those benefits are often framed within a religious or political ideology. Some folks don't like a side order of ideology along with their daily bread.

What people want is to give a little here and there so they can feel good about helping the poor out, but the idea of giving a consistent amount which means that a poor person will never have to struggle to pay for healthcare again is 'stealing'. Says a lot, imo.

Technology is different now. Industry is different now. Medicine is different now. Innovation is different now. The world is completely different now from the early 1900's. To say that times would go back to how it was in the early 1900's if government shrunk welfare is unrealistic.

Jericho, what she is talking about was that you said the early 1900's showed a time period where private charities cared for the poor better than they are cared for today. And you were wrong, so wrong.

And really, why shouldn't we toss that expensive public option of education and get rid of all the laws saying kids have to be educated? What is the diffeence between making sure a child can read and making sure they have health care?

Guest Anonymous
What people want is to give a little here and there so they can feel good about helping the poor out, but the idea of giving a consistent amount which means that a poor person will never have to struggle to pay for healthcare again is 'stealing'. Says a lot, imo.

And they want to pick who they give it to - only people who are just like them, and willing to grovel for the privilege of receiving whatever scraps are tossed their way.

**ETA:

Jericho, what she is talking about was that you said the early 1900's showed a time period where private charities cared for the poor better than they are cared for today. And you were wrong, so wrong.

And really, why shouldn't we toss that expensive public option of education and get rid of all the laws saying kids have to be educated? What is the diffeence between making sure a child can read and making sure they have health care?

Thank you formergothardite, that's precisely what I was talking about. I have a feeling he was "misunderstanding" me on purpose.

Jericho, I say this with my entire spirit, with the deepest and most genuine part of my soul. I have read you in other threads and now every time I see your name only one thing occurs to me:

SHUT THE FUCK UP

Thank you.

we lower the social construct value of the American dollar to the rest of the world.

The way you this part of the sentence clearly demonstrates you have no ideal what a social construct really is. Please google it. We'll wait.

I can't believe the attitude toward money on here. You all act as if money is no object and we should just spend into obviation. Well, when this generation dies, the future generations are going be left with your pathetic pile of debt. Oh, I guess we could just print some more money to pay it off though.

So...you believe, in God, the supernatural, life after death, etc....but you don't believe in oblivion? There are things more powerful than money in the universe. They've communicated to, via our lord and savior Jesus Christ, that you need to spend ALL OF YOUR FUCKING MONEY LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW IF IT HELPS PEOPLE, and you still won't do it? God won't take care of those future generations?

Debt? Also a social construct. Ever settle a late bill? It doesn't 'really', tangibly exist.

Jericho is so great a creating long-assed to distract FJ's uppity bitches. :clap:

Yes, the government is all about smashing little independent charities. :roll: That's why those little independent charities don't have to pay taxes and why you don't have to pay taxes on money you donate to them. Seriously Jericho if you want to prove that independent charities can take of the poor, what the hell is stopping you? Order the NOLO Press book on starting a 501C3, and get going on it. I have helped several non-profit startups and have started one myself. If I can do it, you can. I think you just won't, because you're a lazy, stupid, troll.

America spends more on health care than European nations. Ironically, those nations get more for their money than we do.

Overtime, spending money on preventative care will save us money. Today, if you are a sick and have the misfortune to belong to the lower rungs of the middle class, you don't have many options. My friend can not afford health care for his family, yet he is covered through his work. If his wife became ill, she would have to wait until she was very sick and needed emergency room care. My friends will probably not be able to pay those bills. The government will pick up the tab. It would be far cheaper if the government put money into preventative care instead of waiting until someone was so sick that they had to go to the emergency room

I would love to hear a Republican plan to deal with the issue of health care. But the sole plan Republicans have is to deregulate insurance and put down those who can't afford it. The only solution that I can see is to go to universal health care perhaps with the option to pay for private insurance if an individual chooses.

Although I don't want to put words in Jericho's mouth, most of the right wingers support the presence of the military in the Middle East. Wars cost money. No one seems to want to discuss the fact that we've spent a lot of money over the past ten years to keep military men and women in danger.

Guest Anonymous
I don't think that Jericho is a troll.

Really? (No snark.) Why don't you think so? He's a fundie who posts inflammatory things simply to rile people up, that pretty much fits the bill in my opinion.

The way you this part of the sentence clearly demonstrates you have no ideal what a social construct really is. Please google it. We'll wait.

So...you believe, in God, the supernatural, life after death, etc....but you don't believe in oblivion? There are things more powerful than money in the universe. They've communicated to, via our lord and savior Jesus Christ, that you need to spend ALL OF YOUR FUCKING MONEY LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW IF IT HELPS PEOPLE, and you still won't do it? God won't take care of those future generations?

Debt? Also a social construct. Ever settle a late bill? It doesn't 'really', tangibly exist.

Jericho is so great a creating long-assed to distract FJ's uppity bitches. :clap:

The borrower is slave to the lender. When you are in debt to another, you enter into a slave/master relationship with your creditor. (Proverbs 22:7)

We are required to pay back what we borrowed. It is easy to take this lightly, but if we borrowed it, we should pay it back. (Psalm 37:21, Ecclesiastes 5:4).

Jericho, I say this with my entire spirit, with the deepest and most genuine part of my soul. I have read you in other threads and now every time I see your name only one thing occurs to me:

SHUT THE FUCK UP

Thank you.

I'm sorry you can't handle the truth.

Really? (No snark.) Why don't you think so? He's a fundie who posts inflammatory things simply to rile people up, that pretty much fits the bill in my opinion.

Oh I think he's like KISA and that young boy. He comes here to bait the hive, when done, he tells his helpmeet he's vanquished the heathens from their doorstep. As a consequence he gets some wood and the helpmeet submits.

I am not a fundie! Where do you people keep getting that idea from? Republican/Conservative yes. Fundie, NO!

Archived