IGNORED

Obamacare more expensive

jericho

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the point is...what exactly? Of course health care will be expensive to get to everyone, but I will gladly pay more taxes to insure that everyone gets the health care they need. This shouldn't be a political issue like it is with party divides. This should be about the people of this country getting the doctors and care and treatment they need. We are basically the only first world country that sees no issue with letting its citizens go without care and treatment they need because insurance is seen as a commodity.

I agree. Yeah, it's gonna cost a little more at first - but it'll still be a whole lot more manageable than what people go through when they become seriously ill while uninsured. Basic healthcare is a human right, and I find it baffling that the US does not currently provide it to its citizens. I think many Europeans are surprised at that.

The CBO estimates that 30 million people will still be without healthcare coverage even after the law is fully implemented, so even with the increased cost, not everyone will be covered.

And the point is...what exactly? Of course health care will be expensive to get to everyone, but I will gladly pay more taxes to insure that everyone gets the health care they need. This shouldn't be a political issue like it is with party divides. This should be about the people of this country getting the doctors and care and treatment they need. We are basically the only first world country that sees no issue with letting its citizens go without care and treatment they need because insurance is seen as a commodity.

Exactly. One of my mom's coworkers just found out her exhusband has stage 5 cancer with enormous tumors wrapped around his kidneys. A month's worth of medication is over $8000. It got this bad because he didn't have insurance, so they got remarried so he could get her insurance (but they still won't pay for the meds because it was a pre-existing condition). Now he's going to leave 3 little girls without a dad. Oh, but universal health care is bad bad bad! Ahhhh!!!!

I'm sure education costs would be cheaper if we didn't require it of all children and didn't have public schools, jericho. But you don't seem to be opposing that.

Money only exists to be spent, Jericho.

Jericho only wants his money to help people he likes and approves of.

I'm sure education costs would be cheaper if we didn't require it of all children and didn't have public schools, jericho. But you don't seem to be opposing that.

Give him time

Healthcare isn't some vague government program, healthcare is healing the sick. Shouldn't creating/ensuring healthy humans be a greater factor than the cost, at least for a God-fearing Christian?

Love to see a source on this that isn't Fox "News".

Why? Fox news is a mainstream news source. If you want to start nitpicking sources you could find fault with practically any source.

Jericho only wants his money to help people he likes and approves of.

Even then...not so much.

Or in the case of the government, More Money exists when its printed.

That's right, money is a shared delusion and a social construct. It always has been, even when precious metal were used as the sole type of currency. Did your SOTDRT cover the social sciences....at all? :dance:

I guess it depends on what is left after the GOP finishes wiping it out. Insurance premiums could be expected to go down if there is a jump in the number of young, healthy people in the coverage pool. Personally, I'm now paying $100/month LESS for coverage through my employer for myself. Although the insurer's rates increased, I was able to move to a much less expensive policy with a higher deductible because virtually all of our medical expenses are for preventive care, and thus covered 100% instead of 80%. So, lower premiums, fewer out of pocket charges. Even if we were to get sick, the premium savings more than covers the higher deductible.

Even then...not so much.

That's right, money is a shared delusion and a social construct. It always has been, even when precious metal were used as the sole type of currency. Did your SOTDRT cover the social sciences....at all? :dance:

I was not home schooled.

When precious metals were used as a sole type of currency, that currency had 100% backing. Today, there is no gold standard for the money printed.

I was not home schooled.

When precious metals were used as a sole type of currency, that currency had 100% backing. Today, there is no gold standard for the money printed.

That still doesn't negate the fact it's a social construct. Gold and silver have value because we give it value, and if we decided tomorrow that they were worthless, their value would drop to zero. Ultimately, precious metals have about the same intrinsic value as paper currency, namely zero. Its only value is what we as a society give to it.

That still doesn't negate the fact it's a social construct. Gold and silver have value because we give it value, and if we decided tomorrow that they were worthless, their value would drop to zero. Ultimately, precious metals have about the same intrinsic value as paper currency, namely zero. Its only value is what we as a society give to it.

And by continuing to print more and more money with no regard to value, we lower the social construct value of the American dollar to the rest of the world.

And by continuing to print more and more money with no regard to value, we lower the social construct value of the American dollar to the rest of the world.

Only if you assume the rest of the world isn't doing the same thing.

I can't believe the attitude toward money on here. You all act as if money is no object and we should just spend into obviation. Well, when this generation dies, the future generations are going be left with your pathetic pile of debt. Oh, I guess we could just print some more money to pay it off though.

I'm homeschooling my child, so I guess in a way, I am.

So you're opposed to public schools and education for all children? Is that what you are saying? I know people who homeschool who have nothing against public schools and have used them too. I know of a family personally who has 10 children, they homeschooled until high school and sent each child to the local public school knowing they couldn't teach at that level and they needed more highly skilled teachers. They also felt a diploma was better than a GED. Homeschoolers don't have to be anti-public schools.

So? Please, tell us where you got your economics degree that makes you such an expert. :roll:

I can't believe the attitude toward money on here. You all act as if money is no object and we should just spend into obviation. Well, when this generation dies, the future generations are going be left with your pathetic pile of debt. Oh, I guess we could just print some more money to pay it off though.

Wow. Money is no object to me when it comes to saving someone's life and getting them the health care they need. I'll gladly pay for taxes to see that no one goes without the care they need. Aren't you supposed to be a Christian?

And you're acting like having lots of money is the only thing worth having here.

Archived