IGNORED

Kelly Bates Had Gall Bladder Removed

GeoBQn

I think people are saying posting the actual prayer is fake, not making a prayer request.

I agree with the former.

If TLC isn't paying, or if these health issues had all happened before they had the show, Medicaid would have to be paying some of these bills. Gil can proudly claim he gets nothing from the government AND just as proudly claim he doesn't purchase health insurance, but we're dealing with 21 people here at some point something has to give.

He also bragged that the ER was the best "insurance." So, he's no better than any other person w/o insurance who goes to the ER to be treated for...everything. Kelly's OB office is a Christian charity place; I doubt she even has a GP doctor. I'm sure Gil took her to the ER and that was that. Unlike when I had a more acute (and possibly deadly) issue and had to go to my doctor before I could go across the street to the hospital for x-rays confirming my appendix had burst, then the ER for an official CAT scan and surgery. Had I gone straight to the ER overnight, I probably would have still been sitting there the next day when I actually walked in for treatment since my own doctor didn't believe it could be my appendix when I talked to him the night before because during the entire ordeal, I never ran a fever.

But my insurance paid every single penny of my costs (and because I had a burst appendix, then a longer healing period because I'm older - same deal with my roommate for those 5 days, she had her surgery right after me), which turned out to be....$73,000! Granted, Kelly's hospital stay won't be 5 days, but it's still costly and thanks to assholes like Gil, the taxpayers of the state of TN, people who hate government, etc., will ironically be the ones paying his bills.

Archived