IGNORED

Kelly Bates Had Gall Bladder Removed

GeoBQn

From the fan page, "Fan Page of the Bates Family":

Fan page of the Bates family

5 hours ago

Kim posted this on her facebook: Please pray for my little sister Kelly, she will be having some routine gall bladder surgery to remover 13 gall stones and her gall bladder as well. They all missed the premier of their show as Kelly was being admitted to the hospital. Hopefully she will be feeling much better in the days ahead, she was unsure as to why she was in so much pain.

Fan page of the Bates family

5 hours ago

Lord, we just pray for Kelly Bates right now. You know the plan for her and her family. Lord, we just asked that you would have her a shield of her pain and that you take the pain away. Lord, we also ask that you give her the power to recover fast. AMEN ~ Admins

Not surprised considering the 4 Fs that up your risk of gallbladder disease are "forty, fat, female, fertile". She's got 3 of 4.

Just for the record, passing gall stones is one of the worst pains I have ever felt and it lingers for hours. I would have happily hooked myself up to Michael Jackson's 'insomnia medication' had it been available.

I swear that if Kelly wanted to strangle her sister, Kim, I would help her bury the body. Wouldn't you just love a big sister who was so much of a fame whore that she has to post it every time you have a hang nail, just to prove she is 'in the know?'

I have another "F" to add to the recitation: "Family History". That was the first thing my gastro asked me when I told him I thought I might be having gallbladder problems. When I said yes, my dad had his removed, the next question was about how many children I had. Apparently, pregnancies play a role.

BTW, I kept thinking I was having sharp asthma attacks. They lasted about 20-40 minutes or so on my right side after I ate. A family member mentioned that they thought they were having gallbladder problems. I asked about the symptoms, and then high-tailed it to my gasto. My family member did not, in fact, have gallstones. But my poor gallbladder was full of them. I feel much better now. Medical advice, another important feature of Free Jinger!

OT: I hate it when people put their prayers on facebook. It's so self-righteous and fake.

This is going to sound really bad, but if the "lord" has time to heal Kelly's gall stones today, maybe he can get around to helping starving and abused children too.

It makes me sick that these people see the horror around us and honestly think they are so special that the "lord" gives a tinkers damn about their gall stones.

I swear that if Kelly wanted to strangle her sister, Kim, I would help her bury the body. Wouldn't you just love a big sister who was so much of a fame whore that she has to post it every time you have a hang nail, just to prove she is 'in the know?'

I agree Kim is annoying. I think she will end up being the Famy version in the Bates family.

OT: I hate it when people put their prayers on facebook. It's so self-righteous and fake.

How else are you supposed to know if god has heard your prayer? If you don't post it on facebook, he can't click on the little 'like' button. He gave you facebook for a reason! :naughty:

so who pays for this? well I should ask who has paid for all their medical stuff? not them but hey not the government either.

so who pays for this? well I should ask who has paid for all their medical stuff? not them but hey not the government either.

TLC is probably paying. I do wonder who paid for Erin's hand surgery last year.

Well, that's one of the eight summer episodes taken care of. Maybe Michelle can visit and discuss about HOW SHE DID IT FIRST, SO THERE! :)

I do hope Kelly make it through surgery all right. Nothing should happens to those kid's mother.

(I do predict a secret future surgery on Kelly's lower lip - so it doesn't look like she just came from getting novocained at the dentist)

(I do predict a secret future surgery on Kelly's lower lip - so it doesn't look like she just came from getting novocained at the dentist)

Yeah, I wonder what's up with that? Her lip looked much smaller in the photos from their wedding.

Maybe it got stretched out when she pushed out all those babies. You do make some pretty strange faces while you are pushing.

TLC is probably paying. I do wonder who paid for Erin's hand surgery last year.

If TLC isn't paying, or if these health issues had all happened before they had the show, Medicaid would have to be paying some of these bills. Gil can proudly claim he gets nothing from the government AND just as proudly claim he doesn't purchase health insurance, but we're dealing with 21 people here at some point something has to give.

Oh, the irony....

Wonder if TLC filmed it? If they did I bet they play up how "grateful" they are that this problem did show up during her pregnancy with Jeb like what happened to Michelle.

Guest Anonymous

And you would know this how exactly? I've lost 3 family members in the last few months. Any and all prayer requests during that time were genuine and sincere. The same can be said for others that I know. What you think about prayer request isn't even on the list of things to care about when dealing with the death or illness of a loved one.

It makes me sick that these people see the horror around us and honestly think they are so special that the "lord" gives a tinkers damn about their gall stones.

Co-sign

Well, Kelly is exploiting her children for money, so it must run in the family.

This. I always want to respond, "God is probably too busy to read facebook."

And you would know this how exactly? I've lost 3 family members in the last few months. Any and all prayer requests during that time were genuine and sincere. The same can be said for others that I know. What you think about prayer request isn't even on the list of things to care about when dealing with the death or illness of a loved one.

There is a huge difference between prayer requests and praying on FB. I have asked for prayers/good thoughts and have been asked for prayers/good thoughts. I don't write down my prayers because that is between my and the Lord but I always let the person know that I am praying for them or sending good thoughts their way and will only write my positive wishes. Writing prayers on FB is the same as standing on the corner and loudly praying so that everyone sees you.

I don't think so. If it's their pages, they've got every right to ask for prayers for a medical situation. There's no way in hell I think it's self-righteous and fake of a couple friends of mine who often post for prayers for their sons, one whose son died a few days ago and another whose son has the same as the the other child and it's expected to still be alive much longer. This isn't the same as asking for prayers that Obama dies or that non-Christians repent or for them to win the lottery.

Archived