IGNORED

The bridegroom is coming!

WonderingInWA

Okay, I know this girl is as devout as can be and she's a huge Maxwell fan, but it's pretty clear her homeschooling was a bit of a fail if she captions photos this way.

Go here to her blog and see the first photo of a groom who apparently is rather anxiously awaiting the arrival of his bride! LOL!

http://hiswayserves-hiswayserves.blogspot.com/

I give this family some credit. Unlike the Maxwells, they seem to socialize with people outside the family. That's...something. And their dog Chloe is a cutie.

ETA: In the section about their book, there is this poorly written disclaimer:

DISCLAIMER:  Annah and Rebecca will not date.  All four of us are in agreement,  by choice not by force. They will be courted;  Whoever the man is needs to talk to Dad first.

So are we really supposed to believe men are just banging down the door to date these girls?

I give this family some credit. Unlike the Maxwells, they seem to socialize with people outside the family. That's...something. And their dog Chloe is a cutie.

Okay, true. But I do have to point out that if you scroll down a bit further, she is in one of the wedding photos and seems to have taken the frumper one step further into formal wear. She's wearing a turquoise dress that looks like it belonged to some mother of the bride in the 80's. Yikes. The poor girl needs to be rescued.

ETA: In the section about their book, there is this poorly written disclaimer:

So if you're a girl who wants to date Annah or Rebecca, can you bypass Dad? :lol:

Which one of us was it who said that this family reminds her of what her mother called "simple"--unpretentious, a little naive, satisfied with their lives--essentially the opposite of "sophisticated"? The term "simple" wasn't meant to be condescending, but an indication that these folks are somewhat culturally different, and content to be so.

The blogger seems like a sweet girl, and it annoys me that Steve Maxwell considers his family to be rockstars several notches above her, and regularly blows off her attempts at friendship and help.

I am a plus-sized grandma, but I know something about making the best of pallid, sallow skin (like mine), unfortunate hair (ditto), and a less-than-ideal figure (hells yeah--she makes me look like a twig). I wish I could take this poor kid to the mall for a makeover. In fact, I was passing through Nordstrom's the other day and saw a stunning long-sleeved navy blue shirtwaist dress. I immediately thought of our poor frumper-wearers; most of them can sew, and could certainly make themselves something both modest and attractive.

Guest Anonymous

Okay, true. But I do have to point out that if you scroll down a bit further, she is in one of the wedding photos and seems to have taken the frumper one step further into formal wear. She's wearing a turquoise dress that looks like it belonged to some mother of the bride in the 80's. Yikes. The poor girl needs to be rescued.

The family seems to be very poor in the economic sense of the term; my guess is the frocks probably were second hand. I think that Rebecca seems to be a nice girl and is someone who is doing her best, having been brought up in that culture. She seems young for her age and I guess she has not yet had cause to question her upbringing.

Wow, it's like a time machine back to the 80s all the way around. Oh and a Tubular pregnancy? Is that anything like a Tubal or ectopic pregnancy?

Wow, it's like a time machine back to the 80s all the way around. Oh and a Tubular pregnancy? Is that anything like a Tubal or ectopic pregnancy?

Another fine example of excellence in homeschooling! Tubular makes it sound like one of those elongated specialty light bulbs used in the top of a fish tank, right? Maybe it was a result of inbreeding.

The cakes make me want to vomit. The amount of frosting and the bright colors give me a stomach ache just looking at them. Talk about eligibility for Cakewrecks! I can't believe they make a living doing that, but they must live in such a small community that people don't know that cake decorating has changed since the 70's. Yikes. Those big rosettes, all the basket weave and piping -- blech.

On the second page there's a picture of her with her sister in the car looking scared because she's become "a woman driver!!" :roll: Yes, her captions need work.

She also has an entry congratulating some friends on their second wedding anniversary, and they already have 2 kids (not twins)...I don't know how these people do it.

I can totally snark the cakes.

They seem to get better in the middle but most are wrecks. And alot of them are directly from the Wilton Courses. I had to do the exact same cake to pass my courses.

I have moved beyond that.

Also i have never used

1) Fake Flowers

2) Plastic deer

3) Plastic anything

on a cake.

I can totally snark the cakes.

They seem to get better in the middle but most are wrecks. And alot of them are directly from the Wilton Courses. I had to do the exact same cake to pass my courses.

I have moved beyond that.

Also i have never used

1) Fake Flowers

2) Plastic deer

3) Plastic anything

on a cake.

Oh, yes, that was such a nice surprise in detail!

My mom took some Wilton classes...in the 1970s! I had more than one doll cake made for me in my lifetime. But wow, to think they are still doing these heavy, heavy frostings and flowers (likely Crisco-based, right?) just makes my stomach hurt. They aren't pretty. Someone needs to send them a book on fondant or something.

Oh, yes, that was such a nice surprise in detail!

My mom took some Wilton classes...in the 1970s! I had more than one doll cake made for me in my lifetime. But wow, to think they are still doing these heavy, heavy frostings and flowers (likely Crisco-based, right?) just makes my stomach hurt. They aren't pretty. Someone needs to send them a book on fondant or something.

I cant do an icing rose to save my life. But yes, crisco is still financing Wilton as far as i know! lol

I also did a couple of barbie cakes but i use starburst candy as the tops.

I prefer fondant or buying my flowers.

Guest Anonymous

Another fine example of excellence in homeschooling! Tubular makes it sound like one of those elongated specialty light bulbs used in the top of a fish tank, right? Maybe it was a result of inbreeding.

I dunno, I don't read that blog and see your average, over entitled, full of themselves homeschooler telling the world that they are doing it wrong, so I don't think the snark is justified.

A family member suffered an ectopic pregnacy, ffs. The writing shows that this girl is not among the brightest, best educated people in the world, but she seems to care genuinely about her family. So she mixed up tubal and tubular... Ectopic pregnancy is frightening and devastating and it can happen to anyone - jokes about it being caused by inbreeding just make you look like an ignorant arsehole.

I dunno, I don't read that blog and see your average, over entitled, full of themselves homeschooler telling the world that they are doing it wrong, so I don't think the snark is justified.

A family member suffered an ectopic pregnacy, ffs. The writing shows that this girl is not among the brightest, best educated people in the world, but she seems to care genuinely about her family. So she mixed up tubal and tubular... Ectopic pregnancy is frightening and devastating and it can happen to anyone - jokes about it being caused by inbreeding just make you look like an ignorant arsehole.

I see more normal in this family than in most of the blogs that are snarked on here. The girls are playing and doing more than just working. They are having real fun. One was skateboarding in a frumper. So far the blog isnt overly preachy.

I saw a baby girl wearing pants in several photos and there weren't any fake flowers or fake pigtails. That was so refreshing after the fake pigtails and huge honkin' flower headband on Josie.

At my grandma and grandpa's 50th wedding anniversary (Or maybe 60th?), we had a cake with two plastic deer. I managed to convince my youngest male cousin (who was older than 18 at the time) that the cake really needed the two deer to copulate.

This post has nothing to do with anything except me wanting to talk about copulating deer.

At my grandma and grandpa's 50th wedding anniversary (Or maybe 60th?), we had a cake with two plastic deer. I managed to convince my youngest male cousin (who was older than 18 at the time) that the cake really needed the two deer to copulate.

This post has nothing to do with anything except me wanting to talk about copulating deer.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

I like that. Did it work out?

Of course. Luckily the butter cream kept everything stable. I think it stayed like that for a good long time before someone responsible spotted it.

I found a picture of the cake pre-deer copulation:

DSC01658.JPG

Well I'm not allowed near stuffed animals in stores or model homes. I have a tendency to (ahem) realistically pose them :lol:

Well, certainly that one in the trees has its tail up and is just asking for trouble. Has Rush Limbaugh seen this photo? I wonder what he would think of that deer's promiscuity?

Archived