IGNORED

"A woman's choice starts before she spreads her legs..."

muffynbear

I think the language in the original facebook comment is completely rude and inappropriate, but I think it's fair to chime in that I don't think this sort of pro-life mentality comes from an anti-sex mentality toward women, but a save-the-baby pro-life stance.

I think - for the most part - pro-life people really do think life begins at conception, which means that an argument like this - saying sex and procreation go hand in hand - isn't intended to punish women. The reality is that if a woman gets pregnant, the man can walk away without further thought. So it is ultimately the woman's choice. And for pro-life folks, a woman's choice extends only until the point where it infringes on the survival of the fetus.

I think any other pro-choice argument will always fall short, because the trump card is that a human life is at stake.

So while the fb lady was being a complete jerk in how she presented the idea, I think it does make logical sense given the pro-life starting point.

If they really were "pro-life", they would be falling over themselves to promote more food stamps, more health care, less war, and no death penalty. They are only "pro-life" when it comes to controlling a woman's sexual decisions.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Krs'tina M. Soller: Thank you! Sure some women see no other choice but what about the selfish women who got knocked up because they were acting stupid or because their self absorbed barbies who don't want to mess up their figures and choose to kill their child! Selfish women are who we're targeting here not all women!!! No wonder their trying to take rights away from us or power or have control over our bodies because its obvious some of us have no idea what the hell we're doing

Anyone else getting the feeling that Kristina is a likely candidate to be featured on The Only Moral Abortion is My Abortion?

http://mypage.direct.ca/w/writer/anti-tales.html - in case we have anyone who hasn't read it...

Anyone else getting the feeling that Kristina is a likely candidate to be featured on The Only Moral Abortion is My Abortion?

http://mypage.direct.ca/w/writer/anti-tales.html - in case we have anyone who hasn't read it...

The stories in that link are unbelievable. They also show that many pro-lifers don't really consider the fetus to be a life. If you really, truly believe that, you won't have an abortion. Unless you're okay with being a murderer.

What does this Dianne woman means by "culling"??

Killing. Apparently her entire vocabulary consists of "killing" "babies" "sluts" and "bitches". Klassy. She called me a "nasty bitch" for posting her tirades on FJ. Oh well. Don't put your hate speech on a public forum!

She talks in third person?

Dianne Maloy Wright Dianne got pregnant twice, had both children, then got her tubes tied like a responsible person who cares about not having unwanted children. So Selma....you pompous windbag...K M A! You know absolutely nothing about me yet you run your mouth. Why don't you shut your traps already! If nothing else I can see there are professional bitches on here.

about an hour ago · LikeUnlike.

Dianne Maloy Wright This guy has you all pegged exactly right..."It is part of the culture of “situational ethics†in which genuine ethics are seen as abnormal and perhaps even unpatriotic. In our brave new world of unfettered tolerance and moral-relativism, it is not enough to believe that some things are not black and white but shades of gray; you must now believe that everything is a shade of gray and that black and white do not exist. This philosophy thrives because the American people have become so open minded their BRAINS FELL OUT."

13 minutes ago · LikeUnlike.

Dianne Maloy Wright ‎@Lucy....if you're going to cyberstalk me quote the entire saying on my Facebook page and not just part of it..... So I'm the violent one? I've never killed anyone unlike a woman that's aborted a helpless infant so get your ignorant shit straight you sorry piece of shit!

I didn't start with the term "Slut"...those psycho sluts did.

@selma....that's right, there are millions of worthless adults I'd rather see in a garbage can than an infant but the terms are not stated together like you insinuate.

Now she is talking to herself. I think something is not alright with that person.

Oh well, perhaps it's not just her hair that got stuck in the 80s. I think the whole Dianne did.

Holy shit! This person calls herself pro-life?! She seems anti-life. I dont even get that angry in a debate where I'm talking to mind-numbingly stupid people like her.

Why is that Dianne person so darn angry?? She swears in all her posts, calls other women sluts...

I, as well, wonder which anti-choice forums she speaks of, because some anti-choicers can be dangerous and freak out over nothing.

Why is that Dianne person so darn angry?? She swears in all her posts, calls other women sluts...

I, as well, wonder which anti-choice forums she speaks of, because some anti-choicers can be dangerous and freak out over nothing.

Like Dianne is doing now?? :)

I haven't read all these comments yet but Ann Landers told a reader a few years ago that BC was the woman's responsibility and caused a backlash. it isn't a one way street. Maybe fewer abortions would be necessary if it weren't' one way street. There are cases when where the fathers even married ones leave a pregnant woman half way and she isn't sure what to do. But i guess if a man leaves her with no support it is the woman's fault in Fundie world.

I don't think Ann Landers was correct, but I think she illustrates what the average American believes about birth control.

For example, I know a 30 something guy in a long term relationship and he does not want kids. He really doesn't want kids, he frequently mentions how he doesn't want kids... but he hasn't gotten himself a vasectomy. When I asked him once why not (as it is a way to ensure he never becomes a father), he admitted never thinking about it. He's an American male who wants to have sex without becoming a father, but it never occured to him to get himself sterilized, he just makes sure his gal takes her birth control pills.

I'm not an American man, but I think it's safe to say when most of them think about birth control, they think of condoms or things the woman can take, they don't think about what they can do to themselves regarding contraception.

I haven't read all these comments yet but Ann Landers told a reader a few years ago that BC was the woman's responsibility and caused a backlash. it isn't a one way street. Maybe fewer abortions would be necessary if it weren't' one way street. There are cases when where the fathers even married ones leave a pregnant woman half way and she isn't sure what to do. But i guess if a man leaves her with no support it is the woman's fault in Fundie world.

I googled "Ann Landers birth control" and came up with this vintage column from 1972:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=dH ... %2C4150457

Once again, I have to wonder if the world is traveling backward. Sure, 40 years ago she made a stupid remark about holding the pill between the knees - and when she's called on it, admitting that her advice stank, printed the letter from Planned Parenthood, called it a "splendid organization" and advised reader to contact them for birth control information. Can anyone picture Rush doing that today?

Once again, I have to wonder if the world is traveling backward. Sure, 40 years ago she made a stupid remark about holding the pill between the knees - and when she's called on it, admitting that her advice stank, printed the letter from Planned Parenthood, called it a "splendid organization" and advised reader to contact them for birth control information. Can anyone picture Rush doing that today?

Only if he got LOTS of oxycontin for doing so.

**edited to fix the quote**

Holy shit! This person calls herself pro-life?! She seems anti-life. I dont even get that angry in a debate where I'm talking to mind-numbingly stupid people like her.

It's best to just avoid those people; otherwise, you're in danger of losing IQ points.

But I don't mind messing with them from the sidelines. If she's got her undies in a wad over anything FJ, all the better! :D

I'm not sure if this forum is the one she's referencing. This is the first link that appeared when I typed in "Pro-life forum": http://www.prolifearmericadotcom.

Under the thread titled, "Stuff Pro-Choicers Say":

ProlifeAmericaForumsStuffProchoicersSay.png

Wow, look at her responses! She can't differ between scientific facts and fiction. I thought you were supposed to learn that in high school...

[attachment=0]Skärmklipp.PNG[/attachment]

I'm not sure if this forum is the one she's referencing. This is the first link that appeared when I typed in "Pro-life forum": http://www.prolifearmericadotcom.

Under the thread titled, "Stuff Pro-Choicers Say":

ProlifeAmericaForumsStuffProchoicersSay.png

It’s not a human yet, nor is it a baby and it’s a person until at least viability, but until they are born, they cannot breath or have a bowel movement. If they have one in-utero, it’s risky. What’s a ZEF?

I do have more rights. I’m a living person and therefore I get to decide whether I have something in my body that could damage my body forever and maybe even my life.

Who gives a care about Sanger’s old-fashioned beliefs. She’s long gone and it’s not important.

Why repeat yourself?

If I don’t think it’s a human, why would I claim it’s human, but not a human being?

There is a huge difference between newborns and babies in the womb. The biggest being not having any dependence of their own. First trimester there isn’t a survival chance outside the womb.

Has anyone ever said adoption is human trafficking? Only when it’s done for-profit and people sell the infants.

Next one I have never heard.

Next one-aborting a non-viable fetus is not murder. Murder implies killing another human and babies in the womb are not fully human. Third trimester abortions are almost always done because of a problem to the fetus. If mom has an issue, the baby is usually delivered.

Well, there are crazies who have killed people and doctors who do abortions so that’s not so far-fetched.

I don’t know how someone is a feminist and also thinks fetuses are more important than living, breathing women, but okay.

Politics nonsense.

I don’t know you can support women and refuse to let them abort for any reason.

Most are Bible thumpers. Freaks is a rude word to call someone.

Next one-what? Who says that? I would love to know of someone who says I’ve had ten abortions and love aborting!!!! Abortion is a medical procedure so it’s far more important than a period. It’s basically a parasite since it’s feeding off the host (mom) and dependent on the host for everything. Until it’s bigger, it’s little more than a host and makes mom sick and miserable in the process quite often and can destroy her body. This is why women should decide to keep the zygote/fetus or not.

I think they are confused here. Contraception is preventing pregnancy from occurring-aka the pill, condoms, sponge, etc. Conception is the joining of sperm to egg. Implantation is when the zygote attaches to the uterine wall.

Pill hatred now-the pill has a 1 in 100 chance of pregnancy when used correctly v the male condom with 2 in 100. Best methods and used together have a higher chance of preventing pregnancy.

My pill isn’t free. Who gets them free? I’d love to know. PP doesn’t give them free either.

In my experience, they often don’t and are against programs to help children.

Rosaries off my ovaries-that’s funny. But religion doesn’t get to dictate my personal health decisions. Free country with freedom of religion and all that just sucks for some.

Most pro-lifers don’t want to allow women any options. Not even the pill on here. Thanks for that.

Nods. My body and between myself, my SO and my doctor about the pill and laws.

ACLUNationwide-3.png

Ahhh, she quoted me? I feel so important. 8-)

srsly, I love how she goes on to say that she is pretty much anti-life once you are born. She does not care if a baby is put to death, killed in a war, starves to death or dies from preventable disease. She only cares about making the woman carry it for 9 months.

I love it when they prove my points for me. Some pro-lifers make it so easy to be pro-choice.

Because this woman deserves it I'm putting this up so the Googlebots pick up on it. Have fun when employers/grandchildren google your name!

Dianne Maloy Wright

You two psycho bitches must get paid by some pro choice lobbyist to put so much effort into this shit. You're hell bent on fighting for your slutting rights and the right to decide what is considered alive. If it is alive it is a life and none of your crap mouth strategy will change that. If it has to be KILLED to remove it then it is murder. Those photos aren't all old but nice try. One might have been a relative of yours you bunch of psycho Nazi thinking bitches. Next you'll be out to euthanise everyone's grandparents when they become too feeble to care for themselves.

Dianne Maloy Wright

You two psycho bitches must get paid by some pro choice lobbyist to put so much effort into this shit. You're hell bent on fighting for your slutting rights and the right to decide what is considered alive. If it is alive it is a life and none of your crap mouth strategy will change that. If it has to be KILLED to remove it then it is murder. Those photos aren't all old but nice try. One might have been a relative of yours you bunch of psycho Nazi thinking bitches. Next you'll be out to euthanise everyone's grandparents when they become too feeble to care for themselves.

If anyone here is being paid by a pro-choice lobbyist, it's Dianne and her buddies - and I'm only half joking. I've witnessed a lot of internet debates in which the anti-choicer gave the impression of being an undereducated pre-teen, and I've never encountered anyone this stupid-sounding. She is making her cause look absolutely horrible, and that's saying something considering which cause it is.

Anti-choice leaders and orgs put tons of effort and money into making their movement seem as woman-friendly as possible - faking concern for women who have abortions, overexposing the women of the movement to make it seem like they play an important role in it*. Not to mention trying to make it look coherent and intelligent. It must kill them to see people like Dianne come along and shit all over their PR efforts.

*That will simply never be the case in a movement whose activist base is composed entirely of patriarchal churches/communities.

Minerva, your comment for the win. I've been reading all the crazy with increasing bewilderment.

How does she think this actually helps her cause in any way whatsoever? Is PR 101 not "try to avoid being extremely offensive"?

Who's going to be like "Well, I would have had an abortion. But some random woman on the Internet called me a bitch and a slut and told me I should have kept my legs together. So I decided instead to keep the baby and raise it in a Godly fashion"?

Logic fail, Dianne. The connections ain't there.

It's like seeing the Pro-Life movement without their fakey-fake faux concern, when they forget to take their Valium, etc., and they get mean.

She doesn't even claim to be pro life, though. She's "forced birth". Like many others.

Archived