IGNORED

The Duggars screw over the Friendly Chapel/BATES EPISODE3/13

Buzzard

Fishpaw, being allowed to have an opinion on FJ is different than "being allowed to have my opinion but no one is allowed to express a dissenting opinion" on FJ.

You can say whatever bullshit you want, just don't expect hugz and lolz from the users here when you spew your hatred though.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fishpaw, being allowed to have an opinion on FJ is different than "being allowed to have my opinion but no one is allowed to express a dissenting opinion" on FJ.

You can say whatever bullshit you want, just don't expect hugz and lolz from the users here when you spew your hatred though.

Hold up! Did I once say I expected "hugz"? Just stating my opinion. Jeez! Talk about someone who can't handle a "dissenting opinion"! WTF?

Why have all these racist shown up? I am really surprised.

I don't know, but we need a holding tank for them.

Guest Anonymous

Don't forget about aliens and Freemasons... :shock:

I remember when the History Channel showed, ya know, historical things.

I have to agree but in my defense, the DVDs I suggested date back to when they still dealt in facts and not factoids.

Oh, is racism over? I didn't get the memo.

You realize that racism didn't stop after the Civil War, right? Have you ever heard of Jim Crow laws? Didn't we have to send the National Guard into Southern states so that little kids could go to school together?

Nothing can redeem this nastiness but I'm going to try and counteract it with some freaking heartbreaking Nina Simone.

BcCm_ySBslk

Strange Fruit was also a novel by Lillian Smith, tough reading.

I was born in Virginia, grew up in South Carolina, with family who still live there. My friends don't fly Confederate flags, a symbol of racism, hatred, and strange fruit. If someone does, that person is not my friend because that person is a racist bigot. I am offended that Francine is not offended.

Strange Fruit was also a novel by Lillian Smith, tough reading.

I was born in Virginia, grew up in South Carolina, with family who still live there. My friends don't fly Confederate flags, a symbol of racism, hatred, and strange fruit. If someone does, that person is not my friend because that person is a racist bigot. I am offended that Francine is not offended.

Well, I've certainly got the message. Will stick to reading and not posting. Sad to think you can't have a voice unless you're of the opinion of certain posters. Wow. Flying the confederate flag makes my friends racist? Hmmm. We are critical care nurses in a community that is 75% black and we care for the people of this community and strive to help them get better. The people of this community are all hard working people who love each other and love the Lord. They are the sweetest people you'd ever want to meet. They're family bonds are stronger than any I've ever known but they still have the capacity for loving and accepting anyone who shows them kindness and respect. I've learned more from them than I have from my own family. Still, do I owe them an apology? No, I am a person, they are people. We are all striving to survive in this crazy world and if we try to do it separately w/hate, malice and bad feelings ---we get nowhere. I didn't do anything wrong, they didn't do anything wrong. We are one and the same.

I am concerned that you are a nurse. This makes me think you are also an adult. yikes.

Well, I've certainly got the message. Will stick to reading and not posting. Sad to think you can't have a voice unless you're of the opinion of certain posters. Wow. Flying the confederate flag makes my friends racist? Hmmm. We are critical care nurses in a community that is 75% black and we care for the people of this community and strive to help them get better. The people of this community are all hard working people who love each other and love the Lord. They are the sweetest people you'd ever want to meet. They're family bonds are stronger than any I've ever known but they still have the capacity for loving and accepting anyone who shows them kindness and respect. I've learned more from them than I have from my own family. Still, do I owe them an apology? No, I am a person, they are people. We are all striving to survive in this crazy world and if we try to do it separately w/hate, malice and bad feelings ---we get nowhere. I didn't do anything wrong, they didn't do anything wrong. We are one and the same.

I'm guessing when some members of your community see the confederate flags being flown, they whisper 'peckerwood' quietly.

And this

I am concerned that you are a nurse. This makes me think you are also an adult. yikes.

Sounds like there may be a rather large power differential at play between nurse fishpaw and some of her patients.

I'm guessing when some members of your community see the confederate flags being flown, they whisper 'peckerwood' quietly.

And this

Sounds like there may be a rather large power differential at play between nurse fishpaw and some of her patients.

They're family bonds are stronger than any I've ever known but they still have the capacity for loving and accepting anyone who shows them kindness and respect.

Waving the Confederate flag is not showing respect...just the opposite....peckerwood.

What is wrong with strange fruit?

35mfbja.jpg

This is pretty strange for a fruit.

Strange fruit was the term for the bodies of black men who had been lynched and were hanging from trees.

Strange fruit was the term for the bodies of black men who had been lynched and were hanging from trees.

:shock: I did not know that. OMG, I am so sorry. OMG OMG OMG I am so sorry.

Well Francine, I'm a born and raised South Carolinian and I sure as hell would (and will) apologize for any ancestors' ideas about slavery being good. Where I'm from in SC, the flag is merely a symbol of racism disguised as heritage by a bunch of rednecks. I won't defend why it's "good." It's not.

The flag that's flown as "heritage" is actually the battle flag, not the national flag of the Confederate states. Why not fly that flag instead of the battle flag? Because people still think of it as the war of "northern aggression," not for what it really was, and still think the confederates were in the right.

i was wondering why the bates house seemed so familiar and it hit me a few posts back when someone mentioned the rocker.

their house looks like they are living in a fucking cracker barrel restaurant.

they even have a restaurant booth.

i bet they pretend they are out to eat on date night.

Guest Anonymous
What the hell is up with the blatant racism of newbie trolls this week?!? Between geniebelle and Jwatcher, I feel like I am in some forum from 1962 in Mississippi. For fuck's sake....

It's not my fault your an insufferable bitch who thinks anyone with a different opinion is either sexist, racist, a troll, or all of the above. As I said on another thread, that makes you no better than than the fundies you snark on...attitude wise that is. The same goes for the rest of you as well.

It's not my fault your an insufferable bitch who thinks anyone with a different opinion is either sexist, racist, a troll, or all of the above. As I said on another thread, that makes you no better than than the fundies you snark on...attitude wise that is. The same goes for the rest of you as well.

Ah, there we go. Back to the swearing when you're "really mad". I am sure you will play for sympathy in two days by apologizing all over again and claiming you have learned so much.

ps. freebie grammar lesson for you (since most of today has focused on history lessons for you): 'your' is possessive (e.g. that is your book). 'you're' means 'you are' (e.g. you're a real peach)

:shock: I did not know that. OMG, I am so sorry. OMG OMG OMG I am so sorry.

I don't know that it was before Billie Holiday wrote the song:

There should be a "Please no stupidity" policy on this forum because there has been many of it with the recent increase of trolls.

Smuggar, is that you?

Abe Meeropol wrote the poem and set it to music and Holiday recorded it. Meeropol is an American hero, he adopted the Rosenberg kids after the govt executed them.

Flouncity Flounce Flounce.

Some aspects of heritage are not worthy of ancestral pride or respect. What we respect is the ability to remember the past clearly and without blinders and the determination to learn from the mistakes in our family and cultural history. What we don't do is enshrine emblems of those mistakes as glorious remnants of the past. We see them for what they are.

And yes, grandparents and greatgrandparents southerners.

Abe Meeropol wrote the poem and set it to music and Holiday recorded it. Meeropol is an American hero, he adopted the Rosenberg kids after the govt executed them.

I had heard differently, but do not doubt that you have the right of it. A tiny bit of googling and I came up with this:

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=543

So it's only Billie's autobiography that gives her credit.

Archived