IGNORED

The Duggars screw over the Friendly Chapel/BATES EPISODE3/13

Buzzard

Holy shit Michelle was about to die doing that bates intro

I thought the same thing.

I am finding Gil really irritating to listen to already.

ETA: Kelly is more irritating. Why do none of the Bates enunciate????

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this the Bates episode new? I remember people talking about a Bates episode but I thought that was a dateline thing.

And judging from the 38 kids episode- has Josie been doing the blowing kisses thing for that long. Trying to see if her motor skills have improved /notanOccupationalTherapist /bored. Granted when I watched the Little Mermaid I would bat my eyes and my dad encouraged it and found it cute so I was always batting my eyes and being a goof around him.

Edit for teh_dumb. Awwww, I love "Go Tell it on the Mountain" crap.

Aren't the Bates fancy, 2 boys rooms! 2 girls rooms (well, 1 girls room and the rest under the stairs, I think he said)! And a "date night" area for the parents to eat but the kids can still serve.

Wasn't Erin the one that needed hand surgery because of her piano playing technique?

"City of God" and "Here I am, Lord" are more Catholic right? Just don't want those to be butchered if I keep watching.

Well, I like taxidermy and while I don't hunt, I have friends that do. Nice to know she can do manly things, unlike poor Joy.

Impressed that she got to invite friends! I keep looking at the kool-aide on the table though

"Don't drink it" ... mom and dad can you not keep your hands off each other?? Hunting with dad Awesome!! She is super pretty .. can't deny that.

(Ducking for all the rotten fruit about to be thrown at me) I like the Bates' singing. I like twang, I like bluegrass, I like hymns, and I am loving the Bates' singing. Honestly, if they did come out with a cd I would totally buy it (but only if it was a cd of singing, I don't want to listen to Erin's piano solos).

(Running away to hide from the fruit now)

(Ducking for all the rotten fruit about to be thrown at me) I like the Bates' singing. I like twang, I like bluegrass, I like hymns, and I am loving the Bates' singing. Honestly, if they did come out with a cd I would totally buy it (but only if it was a cd of singing, I don't want to listen to Erin's piano solos).

I like harmony/bluegrass a capella stuff but I'm not loving them. I dont think they blend all that well for a CD but I wont throw fruit.

Eh, when all of them were singing it sounds like a few were off key, but little kids were singing. I've heard better, I've heard worse, it just seems like there's a lot of screen time of them singing. And they're singing lots of different places, not just cutting back to one performance.

Ok where exactly do they live? Does everyone talk this way there.. seems like the ends or beginnings of words are missing I'm having a hard time understanding them.

Guest Anonymous

Ok....my feline headship is not pleased with this show. The awful singing woke him up from his slumber & he's taking his frustration out on me! :lol:

Okay, usually just a lurker but have to post a couple of things.

Loved how Gil and Kelly did the generic "describe your kids in one word" thing. When they said "Lawson's our cowboy!" I added "also the only financially stable member of our family which we take advantage of at every opportunity!" Lawson's a cutie, but the cowboy stuff is a little uhhh, offputting?

How old is Alyssa's violin teacher I wonder and is she married? Lawson was kind of giving her the eye during the duet!

Talk about forcing older kids to do things that are years younger, the tune that they were singing at the beginning was ridiculous to have a bunch of kids in the early 20's and late teens doing.

Wondering how the critics are going to react to hunting as a birthday present?

Oh Duggars. I love how Michelle was talking about the competition between she and JB and how she can multitask! So much for keeping sweet. Another Jessa free ep. She must be buried in the prayer closet (although I did see her standing off to the side of the mini Grand Prix. No driving!) Liked how JB basically said that Hannie was a hellion but that he hoped she would grow up to be as sweet as Jana. In other words, "We are planning on getting her to Journey to the Heart as soon as we are able!" If JTTH had a pre-school program, poor Hannie would be booked in stat!!

I have to say, I find the Bateses a bit more likeable than the Duggars so far - I mean, that's not saying much since they're only one episode in and haven't been sucked into the media machine of 'cover your ass!' politics quite so much like the Duggars have. They seem a bit more genuine, and none of the girls seem overworked or bone tired like the older J-slaves and their parents are actually - gasp! - involved in the daily routine.

I don't mind the singing. I can't fault anyone who wants to make music just for the joy of it...we can't all be virtuosi!

Anyway, I'm not on board with their beliefs and general system of patriarchy, but I don't find them as gratingly obnoxious as the Duggars. Famous last words, probably! :)

Don't mind the bluegrass, but seriously, they could be singing 2 Become 1 from the Spice Girls. They could be singing No Scrubs from TLC (no pun intended). They could be singing "My Little Goodbye" by SheDaisy. Wouldn't matter what genre. They can not sing.

Guest Anonymous
Don't mind the bluegrass, but seriously, they could be singing 2 Become 1 from the Spice Girls. They could be singing No Scrubs from TLC (no pun intended). They could be singing "My Little Goodbye" by SheDaisy. Wouldn't matter what genre. They can not sing.

EXACTLY...they can't carry a tune...period!

Guest Anonymous

EXACTLY...they can't carry a tune...period!

Give 'em credit for versatility: they're talentless in more than one genre.

Archived