IGNORED

Limbaugh loses 141 sponsors, had ads pulled for two weeks

Visionoyahweh

LOLwut? There are no private schools, FedEx is an illusion?

There are also private toll roads. Seems like a pretty legit (yes I am being Miss Raquel today) comparison.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous
This advertising protest will not last. Ratings for conservative talk radio are through the roof. Businesses can not hold out long from running ads on top rated radio shows.

As much as I hate to admit it, Jericho may have a point given the current political climate. But let me also add, I hope these advertisers find other (and more profitable) outlets for their advertising than Rush's show. I know I wouldn't want my products advertised on his show because it gives the impression that I endorse his views, which I absolutely do not.

As much as I hate to admit it, Jericho may have a point given the current political climate. But let me also add, I hope these advertisers find other (and more profitable) outlets for their advertising than Rush's show. I know I wouldn't want my products advertised on his show because it gives the impression that I endorse his views, which I absolutely do not.

Citation needed.

Yeah, but most people don't listen to talk radio. I don't even know where my AM dial is, my husband had to show me on our last road trip. So you are saying a majority of a very small amount of people. Rush did not last long in the big pond--television.

LOLwut? There are no private schools, FedEx is an illusion?

Actually I misspoke on the USPS. I think the government should give over the USPS to a private company who could manage it better. The USPS is eating our tax money left and right and we are still paying for stamps and shipping on top of that. Private school and roads and different than Obamacare because there is an option. You can go to free public school or pay for private school. With Obamacare you must buy insurance or you are breaking the law.

I agree Jericho, there should be a public option. Then it would be just like public/private schools, public/private shipping, etc.

Wait, that's not what you were saying?

Actually I misspoke on the USPS. I think the government should give over the USPS to a private company who could manage it better. The USPS is eating our tax money left and right and we are still paying for stamps and shipping on top of that. Private school and roads and different than Obamacare because there is an option. You can go to free public school or pay for private school. With Obamacare you must buy insurance or you are breaking the law.

You can send your children to free public school or you can pay for private school (you can homeschool too; don't forget that.) But you must educate your children or are breaking the law, no?

Actually I misspoke on the USPS. I think the government should give over the USPS to a private company who could manage it better. The USPS is eating our tax money left and right and we are still paying for stamps and shipping on top of that.

The USPS has not been given any federal funds since 1982. :roll:

You have to send your kids to school (even if it is homeschool) or you will be breaking the law. Is Obama making all private insurace companies illegal? Isn't there still going to be the option to have private care?

Until adoption of the Postal Reorganization Act of 1970, the U.S. Postal Service functioned as a regular, tax-supported, agency of the federal government.

According to the laws under which it now operates, the U.S. Postal Service is a semi-independent federal agency, mandated to be revenue-neutral. That is, it is supposed to break even, not make a profit.

In 1982, U.S. postage stamps became "postal products," rather than a form of taxation. Since then, The bulk of the cost of operating the postal system has been paid for by customers through the sale of "postal products" and services rather than taxes

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/consumera ... sabout.htm

So the postal service is no longer supported by tax dollars? For years, those on the right have held up the postal service as an example of a poorly run government organization.

He has to go to rightwingpropaganda.com and find some pseudofacts to prop up his positions. He'll be back, I am sure of it. :lol:

He has to go to rightwingpropaganda.com and find some pseudofacts to prop up his positions. He'll be back, I am sure of it. :lol:

I was effing around trying to get my CNN stream going since they were broadcasting from Frothys HQ and I wanted to snipe on Duggars.

Was he homeschooled? Is that why he didn't know about the USPO?

He's been listening to talk radio, where very little is fact. A law student with a friend on birth control is a slut and the USPS should be privatized even though it does the same job as private companies for less money. You know, conservative land.

Not that this has key relevance to the discussion here, but isn't the USPS bankrupt? Or in the stages?

It is having problems paying for very generous retirement benefits. Just like any company that offers generous retirement benefits to all workers would be. I believe the issue is funding retirement medical plans for future retirees.

I don't think the answer is to farm out the work to someone who will do away with retirement altogether in the interest of making a buck.

Not that this has key relevance to the discussion here, but isn't the USPS bankrupt? Or in the stages?

No they had a huge short fall. When the restructuring was done they were required to prepay pensions. Its put them in a financial bind due to the escalating cost of retirement funding.

Okay, I was only asking because a while back there was talk of cost cuts and no further Saturday deliveries.

But we're still receiving Saturday mail...

...it keeps me young.

No they had a huge short fall. When the restructuring was done they were required to prepay pensions. Its put them in a financial bind due to the escalating cost of retirement funding.

The average retirement age of a postal worker is mid-50's. Considering that it isn't all that unusual for a person to live beyond 70 these days, the pension plans have to pay out for many many years.

http://about.usps.com/manuals/elm/html/elmc5_058.htm

I will say the average mail carrier has a hard ass job....my godmother was a postal carrier for many years, and she was out in every weather condition imaginable, carrying heavy sacks of mail and dealing with strange people and aggressive pets.

:lol:

Rage Against The Machine demand US shock jock Rush Limbaugh stop playing their songs

Tom Morello tells Rush Limbaugh to stop playing his band's 'music on your racist, misogynist, right wing clown show'

http://www.nme.com/news/rage-against-th ... e--2/62570

Rage Against The Machine doesn't seem like a good choice for the Limbaugh show. They're far more liberal than he is. Why would the show's producers pick that band to play during his show?

Archived