IGNORED

Your Other Preferred Religion/Worldview

Soldier of the One

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't even know how to define what I am (if going by my last Beliefnet quiz,then neopagan/secular humanist/UU wins) but if I am picking now I chose Buddhist.

I am an Atheist but I would be a Quaker. I love the idea of an inner light as well the quietness in a friendship meeting as well as the whole helping ppl here on Earth.

I'm a scandalously liberal Christian. If I someday renounce altogether I'll be a witch. I'm already too "witchy" in my beliefs and practices for a lot of Christians.

I'm a scandalously liberal Christian. If I someday renounce altogether I'll be a witch. I'm already too "witchy" in my beliefs and practices for a lot of Christians.

Just stay away from the roast beef...

I grew up without religion and have never been to any type of religious service in my life. As a result, I'm a bit leary of organized religion, though I do believe in a God (or Gods or Godesses, etc., whatever you wish to call it). If I had a gun to my head, I'd go to a Unitarian Church because it's seems pretty accepting of all beliefs and I like the idea of that.

Gave up both Catholicism and Christianity and am currently nothing. If I were to pick one, hands down it would be Reform Judaism. It fascinates me, always has, and every "What Religion Should You Be?" quiz I've ever taken has come out with Reform Judaism (even when I considered myself Christian, lol). Every book I've ever read on Judaism (and I've read quite a few) has left me feeling so peaceful...

I would probably pick Mormonism or Catholicism. Mormonism because I like the community and the social network. Catholicism because I like the old, ritualistic aspect of it. As it happens, those are the top two on my mom's list of freaky religions, so I doubt I will ever actually become either.

I would probably pick Mormonism or Catholicism. Mormonism because I like the community and the social network. Catholicism because I like the old, ritualistic aspect of it. As it happens, those are the top two on my mom's list of freaky religions, so I doubt I will ever actually become either.

I can't believe I forgot about the Mormons! I love Mormons! I wish I could believe in thir beliefs...but I can't do it. Too wacky for me. Never met a mean Mormon!

This thread got me thinking so I went off and did a 'which religion' quiz and turns out I'm 100% Unitarian Universalism.

Now I'm off to find out who they are. :D

If you'd have to give up your current religion/worldview and choose a #2 that you'd be happy with, what would you then choose and why?

I'd be Jewish, not Orthodox. I've been fascinated with Judaism since 6th grade when I read the diary of Ann Frank. In college I did a paper on the White Papers. Not many people know but one of the sites considered for the new Israel was Grand Island in the Niagara River near Buffalo, where I went to college. In nursing school and college I went to Mass on Sunday and temple on Friday evenings. I took a Hebrew class but didn't stick with it after one semester, it was very hard. My brother, sister, and a cousin all married Jews. My mother was the only non-Jew in her public school in the Bronx. I would not have been a Christian Jew or whatever those people call themselves. Eventually I decided I could become Jewish or remain Catholic but not do both so I stayed with Catholicism

I was raised Jewish and have inched ever closer to atheism. I am comfortable saying that I am atheist.

I would like to be able to buy into the whole Christian thing because no matter how much I study (And I do study), I just don't get it. I would like to see how it feels.

I'm an atheist godless heathen who practices Buddhism. If I were to chose another path I'd pick Hindu, lots of deities who have particular tasks, Vishnu, Shiva etc.

I am conservative catholic , I always admired Jewish woman. Their husband are so incredibly in love with them. I grew up with many Jewish people and I respect their beliefs.

I'm an atheist. I would choose Unitarian Universalism, but if that doesn't count, then maybe Jainism. I like Jainism's message of non-violence. Of all the religions out there, I think it's the most moral one I've come across.

I'd worship ancient Greek gods and goddesses. Because they're like a super awesome soap oprea.

bwhahaha. That was exactly what I was thinking. Totally this. I'm agnostic, at best, as it is.

I'm a Mormon. If for some reason I had to/decided to choose another religion, I would either revert to my childhood religion (ELCA Lutheran) or become a reform Jew. To be honest though, it would be really hard for me to believe in a faith at this point that didn't include the Book of Mormon as a scripture.

I'm agnostic/non-theistic: I think there might be Something bigger than us, but believe that it's true nature is, in our human experience, unknowable, and to our human minds, incomprehensible. However, I do not believe in a God or gods who require attention and adoration from humans, or who intercede and interfere in human affairs. Whatever that Something is, if it exists I suspect it's impersonal.

So if I wanted to have some sort of formal spiritual practice I'd be right at home in Zen Buddhism, and probably philosophical Taoism as well. And if I had to limit my choices to any of the Western traditions, I'd probably fit in among the liberal Quakers pretty well (and there are actually non-Christian and non-theistic Quakers, so I wouldn't be completely out of place).

I'm an atheist. I would choose Unitarian Universalism, but if that doesn't count, then maybe Jainism. I like Jainism's message of non-violence. Of all the religions out there, I think it's the most moral one I've come across.

i'm going to check that out, thanks for sharing :P

I'd probably become Unitarian. If I really felt brave, I'd convert to Judaism. I thought seriously about converting a few years ago, but I just couldn't get past the thought that I wouldn't really be Jewish or be accepted.

I'm agnostic. I took the beliefnet quiz and my top 5 were:

Unitarian Universalism (100%)

Neo-Pagan (90%)

New Age (86%)

Liberal Quakers (86%)

Theravada Buddhism (85%)

So I guess I would go with UU.

I took the quiz and these were my results:

Your Top 3 Faith Match Profiles Are:

1. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (100%)

2. Liberal Quakers (96%)

3. Unitarian Universalism (86%)

I'm an ELCA cradle Lutheran. If I left I think I'd be UU.

I took the quiz and these were my results:

Your Top 3 Faith Match Profiles Are:

1. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (100%)

2. Liberal Quakers (96%)

3. Unitarian Universalism (86%)

I'm an ELCA cradle Lutheran. If I left I think I'd be UU.

Holy crap! Same results as me, barring the percentages. I was raised Baptist and now beliefs-wise, I'm just what you could call a Christian since I don't really fit into any particular denomination and as you can imagine, pretty liberal for the most part. I've heard good things about the UU church and could see myself going to one if I make the decision to go back to church.

I've never seriously considered conversion before, but I've always had high respect and interest in Wicca, Buddhism, and Judaism. Sikhism is another one that I'm starting to get more curious about.

Archived