IGNORED

Church of the Monett strikes again

Koala

HA! I've seen one of those guys many, many times. I once tried to get a friend to pose with him for a picture because it was her bachelorette party and he was holding a sign that said "Wives, submit to your husbands" :twisted: She declined. After seeing the same guy a million times one Friday night a friend got a little tipsy and admitted that he was a distant cousin of hers :lol: We never let her live it down. I might have to send her this link....

Also....I love that there is a girl in front of the guy in the last picture whose shorts are so short it looks like she's not wearing any pants at all! :D

Also....I love that there is a girl in front of the guy in the last picture whose shorts are so short it looks like she's not wearing any pants at all! :D

I noticed that too. :lol:

Maybe, just maybe the girl in the short shorts is actually submitting to her husband's clothing choices for her? :lol:

:D

OK, raise your hands Jingerites, if you are from Cincinnati, San Francisco, Wilsonville, Oregon, Springfield, Brunswick, Morton Grove and Taylors, SC.... those are the visitors in the last 5 minutes on that wacky site!

I would be super confused if I saw those first two signs. Are they atheists? Secularists? I think they need to work on clarity of message.

I love how these kinds of dim bulbs go to college campuses to preach their hate. YouTube search and be rewarded with hours of giggles at the antics of college students.

The last time we had our own brand of crazy show up, a student went and grabbed his guitar and Poe'd the crap out of them; monstrously entertaining, that.

Oh my, what a colorless and joyless bunch of people!

I clicked on wedding, two folks who had committed adultery with each other but were saved etc.... It looked like the officially least fun wedding ever.

How do these people make money? It seems like they just "street preach" all day.

I just clicked on the wedding. What, they only just realized they had been living in adultery after they had eight kids together? :shock: Seriously, am I reading this correctly when I think that they were probably married civilly and the church didn't recognize it?

Ya, I think you're right.

They said that they were living adulterous lives for years (the Monett church doesn't allow divorced people to re-marry from what one of their cruddy homemade signs say). But then the ex-wife died so they were able to get married under this archaic set of rules because now he was a widower and not a divorcee. I bet that the couple had been married legally for many years.

Speaking of their signs, what gives? They seem to do nothing but this street preaching cr*p but they can't spend an extra five minutes and make some nice signs? At least have someone with good handwriting write the signs? Lazy.

Holy Cow!!!! I have family that lives in Monett and the rest of my family lives within 20 miles of there.

I'm confused. Is that sign saying bossy wives are sinners? If so I guess I'm a sinner. I do tell my husband he needs to do things around here. He values my opinion and loves that I have one. Guess I'm one big sinner :whistle:

The pictures on this blog actually scare me. Dozens of docile headcovering women and bushy-bearded patriarchs.

Presumably, these are all relatively new converts or at least weren't born in this cult. These were possibly pretty normal people - and then what happened? What do these people stand to gain in a way of life that requires them to live like 19th century Russian peasants? (WiTh a dishwasher, apparently.) Or how much have they lost to make THIS seem attractivce?

Archived