IGNORED

I had the pleasure of listening to Karen Santorum today --

sassyNoz47

Rick didn't come but Karen did and her speech was really personable she surprised me actually. She did break down and pulled on alot of heart strings so to speak.

I hate to even admit it but she even got me teary eyed...but didn't win me over, She then started with the "its god's will" and she describes the campain as Rick being like the biblical David - she said He is the David facing the Goliaths. By the end of her speech she was sounding to much like Michelle Duggar .....yuck

Just from the title alone...my deepest sympathy.

I'm sure she is a very appealing person. Politician's spouses have to be. However sorry I feel for the woman who has had to experience Santorum sex without the gay aspect, it's not enough to get a sympathy vote from me.

She is a woman who lived with an abortion doctor about 40 years older than her for 6 years. Now she claims that abortion is the greatest evil.

She is a woman who had prenatal testing in order to determine how to proceed with her pregnancy. Her husband would deny that to other women.

She is a woman who knowingly took a drug while 20 pregnant that induces labor, in order to treat a life threatening condition of HERS. Her husband would deny that to other women and more, declares that to be a mortal sin.

She is a woman who went to college and worked as a professional. Her husband doesn't believe women need to go to college.

These actions are either evil or they are not. They are either sins, or they are not. You don't get to say, "It's ok for my family, but not for yours", and I don't understand why so many people don't see the disconnect. I am not referring to the OP, by the way, just a general comment.

She trades in pulling heartstrings. They have the story of their baby down pat, and tell it every opportunity they get, because it is currency greater than gold among the fundies, wackjobs, mysogynists, patriarchs, SOTDRT graduates and Pre-Vatican II supporters who form the basis of their support.

She is a woman who lived with an abortion doctor about 40 years older than her for 6 years. Now she claims that abortion is the greatest evil.

She is a woman who had prenatal testing in order to determine how to proceed with her pregnancy. Her husband would deny that to other women.

She is a woman who knowingly took a drug while 20 pregnant that induces labor, in order to treat a life threatening condition of HERS. Her husband would deny that to other women and more, declares that to be a mortal sin.

She is a woman who went to college and worked as a professional. Her husband doesn't believe women need to go to college.

These actions are either evil or they are not. They are either sins, or they are not. You don't get to say, "It's ok for my family, but not for yours", and I don't understand why so many people don't see the disconnect. I am not referring to the OP, by the way, just a general comment.

She trades in pulling heartstrings. They have the story of their baby down pat, and tell it every opportunity they get, because it is currency greater than gold among the fundies, wackjobs, mysogynists, patriarchs, SOTDRT graduates and Pre-Vatican II supporters who form the basis of their support.

Well said.

Why is she not at home taking care of her children? Isn't that what women are for in Santorum's world?

Why is she not at home taking care of her children? Isn't that what women are for in Santorum's world?

so, so true! Go HOME, Karen. Make some Goat milk soap and sew some frumpers!

Both Karen and the daughter Elizabeth, (the one who stands behind Daddy, gazing at him adoringly, a la Nancy R), have joined my official list of Creepy Republican Women. Nancy. Calista. Cindy. Karen. Elizabeth. Some have the adoring robo-gazes and others the lizard-like plastic botoxery...but they all share an impressive heritage.

Both Karen and the daughter Elizabeth, (the one who stands behind Daddy, gazing at him adoringly, a la Nancy R), have joined my official list of Creepy Republican Women. Nancy. Calista. Cindy. Karen. Elizabeth. Some have the adoring robo-gazes and others the lizard-like plastic botoxery...but they all share an impressive heritage.

Ah, yes. The Vapid Look of Adoration (VLA) perfected by Nancy Reagan.

Cindy is creepy but I will give her points for coming out for gay marriage like her daughter did.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

More applause for librul.

It's so important to question people who want to impose rules on others they refuse to follow themselves.

Was there a Q and A session? Anyone ask any tough questions?

That's what's missing from this election. There is no outlet for asking the candidates the tough questions. The debates are mostly softballs and the town hall meetings are just filled with people who are in agreement....

She said Bella was with her...Rick had to campain in Mo.. but the Kansas Caucus was today. She came here to stand in for him. I agree with what others are posting. I just had a moment when she spoke of having a special needs child, as do many others which is why they talk about her. However that was the only moment she had my attention.

The hypocrisy is what makes me crazed. If someone truly holds those views, and lives a life consistent with those views, then so be it. We will simply agree to disagree, and I will hold you in respect for your transparency and authenticity.

However, when politicians proclaim one stance in public, and want to legislate that stance as a rule for everyone else, but make different, private decisions in their OWN lives, then I go all ninja poodle on them.

Frothy's and Karen's story is particularly reprehensible to me because he is held up to Catholics as a model Catholic. In reality, he is a cafeteria Catholic who simply chooses different a la carte items.

Again, OP, this is nothing about what you were saying... I realize you weren't buying what she was selling either, just reacting to her admittedly tragic story.

And Rick wants tort reform to include the max for malpractice or even death to be $250,000. Yet, Karen sued her chiropractor for $500,000 (Rick was a co-plaintiff) and won $400,000; a higher court reduced the amount having deemed the award a tad excessive for her complaint. Again, you should only be entitled to a max of $250,000 if the doctor kills your loved one or hurts you, but Rick and Karen deserve not to follow their own beliefs in this matter.

And Rick wants tort reform to include the max for malpractice or even death to be $250,000. Yet, Karen sued her chiropractor for $500,000 (Rick was a co-plaintiff) and won $400,000; a higher court reduced the amount having deemed the award a tad excessive for her complaint. Again, you should only be entitled to a max of $250,000 if the doctor kills your loved one or hurts you, but Rick and Karen deserve not to follow their own beliefs in this matter.

GOOD GRIEF! The hypocrisy...it burnz.

I was just on a forum where it asked: Why is Santorum losing the Catholic vote? The answer?

Because every Catholic goes to church with a guy like Santorum, and they just plain hate that son of a bitch, too.

The hypocrisy is what makes me crazed. If someone truly holds those views, and lives a life consistent with those views, then so be it. We will simply agree to disagree, and I will hold you in respect for your transparency and authenticity.

However, when politicians proclaim one stance in public, and want to legislate that stance as a rule for everyone else, but make different, private decisions in their OWN lives, then I go all ninja poodle on them.

Needz moar applause.

Also, ninja poodle. Is this a thing? Can I be a ninja Foxy-Jack, or a ninja Staffie? I'm thinking of getting another Foxy-Jack, my last was called Darwin and I think I'll call the next Dawkins. He will be the mortal enemy of creationists like Santorum!

Rick is on Meet the Press this morning. He called his wife "my Governor".

States she watches him like a hawk and sometimes tells him he is going too far in his public statements.

States she watches him like a hawk and sometimes tells him he is going too far in his public statements.

Well, why doesn't she run then?

GOOD GRIEF! The hypocrisy...it burnz.

I was just on a forum where it asked: Why is Santorum losing the Catholic vote? The answer?

Because every Catholic goes to church with a guy like Santorum, and they just plain hate that son of a bitch, too.

:clap: That's great, lol.

I remember a couple of years ago, there was a brouhaha made over Catholic politicians who support reproductive choice (e.g., John Kerry) and how they should be denied communion until they change their positions. (I honestly cannot remember now whether this was initiated by Church reps or by other politicians or activists.) But I wonder why nobody ever brings up the denial of communion to Catholic politicians who are warmongers, since being anti-war, anti-euthanasia, and anti-abortion are supposed to be part of the "seamless garment" approach to the pro-life stance. Probably because ultimately, it really is just about controlling sexuality.

Calculated PR; he knows he needs votes from women to get elected. He thinks these statements will help with that.

Archived