IGNORED

Daddy Maxwell is not exactly packing them in

fundiefan

Every state has large homeschool conferences. I wonder why they don't do more of those? I guess the only downside would be they have to pay for their vendor space. Oh, and some non-approved-by-Steve people could be attending those conferences.

OMG, I want them to come to a homeschool conferance or fair here! I would def go meet them (and make sure that I was in tight jeans and a low cut tank top on- with a fresh blood red dye job! ).

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would guess that most people would see the banner for iTonRamp and wonder what the hell it is about and then walk on. Its a horrible name for an even worse product.

How many parents would attend sessions about raising kids for the Maxwells? They have too many adult children at home these days that appear to be doing nothing. They have two boys in their twenties living at home, not going to school and don't seem to do much except chores around the house. They seemed to do little if any work for their own construction business. What the hell have they prepared their children for? People who once may have fell for their horse and pony show are starting to see through how impractical and detrimental it is. It hasn't worked for them, why would it work for their kids?

I would guess that most people would see the banner for iTonRamp and wonder what the hell it is about and then walk on. Its a horrible name for an even worse product.quote]

True that. I read it as "one ton ramp" for some reason....but "IT on ramp" is just about as bad!

I sent a very long email about fair use to him. However, since I went to college and work and am female it probably isn't a good idea,

:clap: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol: I hope so much he posts and responds about how wrong you are. PLEASE Steve, educate the experts.

I sent a very long email about fair use to him. However, since I went to college and work and am female it probably isn't a good idea,

I don't know how to phrase this, but is it illegal for them to write their no second hand sales allowed on their site pretending it's about fair use? Or is it just that they won't be able to sue, so if people don't know better, too bad for them? Is their litany about fair use something they could get in trouble for?

Guest Anonymous

They are not actually spelling out the law, just bleating miserably. And it is the photocopying of chore charts and sharing of planning books (note: not planners, Steve) that they object to, not the sharing of Moody books - so technically, no they are not breaking any lawsby spouting their unenforceable nonsense.- just being mean-minded and petty and pointless. :P

I would guess that most people would see the banner for iTonRamp and wonder what the hell it is about and then walk on. Its a horrible name for an even worse product.

How many parents would attend sessions about raising kids for the Maxwells? They have too many adult children at home these days that appear to be doing nothing. They have two boys in their twenties living at home, not going to school and don't seem to do much except chores around the house. They seemed to do little if any work for their own construction business. What the hell have they prepared their children for? People who once may have fell for their horse and pony show are starting to see through how impractical and detrimental it is. It hasn't worked for them, why would it work for their kids?

There are some fundies that probably would raise their kids like the Maxwells. But I think some fundies who are familiar with the Maxwells are probably at the point where they don't care to attend Maxwell seminars.

Seriously I do wonder what's going on with the construction business? As far as I know, that's those sons' "job" but you'd think they'd post more about it? I mean, goodness knows they advertise everything else they do like crazy, so I can't imagine that they are going out daily doing construction and remodelling gigs without at least posting some pics.

Ditto the photography business. They pimp the name when they take pics of their own family events (weddings, etc) but you'd think there would be some MENTION of "Xmas is coming up, so Christopher has been busy taking family card photos" or something. Even just the occasional "I had to work late" or whatever.

Seriously I do wonder what's going on with the construction business? As far as I know, that's those sons' "job" but you'd think they'd post more about it? I mean, goodness knows they advertise everything else they do like crazy, so I can't imagine that they are going out daily doing construction and remodelling gigs without at least posting some pics.

Ditto the photography business. They pimp the name when they take pics of their own family events (weddings, etc) but you'd think there would be some MENTION of "Xmas is coming up, so Christopher has been busy taking family card photos" or something. Even just the occasional "I had to work late" or whatever.

From you mouth to God's Steve's ears..... Yes, it is strange they don't "plug" their son's businesses. They also aren't "bragging" that xxx son has enough money in the bank to purchase a home "debt free". When Chris was young, they certainly did many times.

I also wonder how much Nathan actually works in the "family" business. It seems like he's more of an independent consultant to several different clients. Does Chris do anything other than take pictures? There are lots of photographers around. If he's very lucky, he'd only do about 1 wedding a week (Saturday). Unless he lowers his "standards" and does photography for "regular" fold, I can't see many fundies splurging on pictures. Most struggle just putting food on the table.

What both those businesses sell/promote is that they are 'Christian' and because those values are so important, they charge more and you, as the consumer, will be a giving Christian and pay or an evil heathen and look over them. I am sure they get their fair share of fundie business but they have no interest at all of going outside that demographic. And, with Christopher, he tells you he won't go outside it - you have a wedding that fits his criteria and get blessed to have him photograph it or you are an evil heathen and don't call him. As long as their little world supports them, they're all good. When the income stops though - which it seems to have done with the Maxwell Show, Live - you gotta' do what you gotta' do.

I hope Sarah caught the eye of some nice young man who will come a corting.

I'm sure Sarah had caught plenty of eyes as she is an attractive woman. The problem is with Daddy Maxwell, who has reached level 99 in cock-blocking. No man will ever make it past him.

Ok does anyone else thing the middle panel on the poster looks like an LDS missionary badge?

titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/DSC_9370.jpg

Graphics Fail!

This is the face of someone with a secret stash of vodka under her bed

titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/DSC_9337.jpg

Ok does anyone else thing the middle panel on the poster looks like an LDS missionary badge?

Graphics Fail!

ELDER MAXWELL

I'm sure Sarah had caught plenty of eyes as she is an attractive woman. The problem is with Daddy Maxwell, who has reached level 99 in cock-blocking. No man will ever make it past him.

And you gotta wonder how many of these young men just know that Daddy is a major obstacle and don't want to even try to deal with that.

Poor Sarah.

Graphics Fail!

It does.

Meanwhile you can see that it's $140 for the "Maxwell Special Kit" apparently including all the books they're selling at the conference. w00t.

True that. I read it as "one ton ramp" for some reason....but "IT on ramp" is just about as bad!

Don't worry--lots of us here regularly refer to it as One Ton Ramp, because that's what "iTonRAMP" looks like. In fact, the One Ton Ramp meme pretty much proves that Steve lurks here; on his site, he has pointed out that the "business" is called "I T On Ramp," NOT "One Ton Ramp."

Don't worry--lots of us here regularly refer to it as One Ton Ramp, because that's what "iTonRAMP" looks like. In fact, the One Ton Ramp meme pretty much proves that Steve lurks here; on his site, he has pointed out that the "business" is called "I T On Ramp," NOT "One Ton Ramp."

Well, and I tend to call it "One Ton On Ramp" because for whatever reason, that's the way my brain reads it.

When the logo first came out it was ITOnRamp and now they've taken the I down to a lower case, which totally doesn't make any sense or make it any better. It would have made the most sense as "IT Onramp". But then they didn't poll their fans before they made yet another excellent business decision!

And you gotta wonder how many of these young men just know that Daddy is a major obstacle and don't want to even try to deal with that.

Poor Sarah.

I know. If Sarah wasn't in some controlling environment with a lack of any real education or job ability, she could have gotten out and would have likely met someone already. Sarah does not even realize she is being controlled. Even more sad is she not allowed to feel any twinge of jealousy or anything without the guilt laid onto her thick when her brothers marry and she's still forced to be single at 30.

Well, and I tend to call it "One Ton On Ramp" because for whatever reason, that's the way my brain reads it.

When the logo first came out it was ITOnRamp and now they've taken the I down to a lower case, which totally doesn't make any sense or make it any better. It would have made the most sense as "IT Onramp". But then they didn't poll their fans before they made yet another excellent business decision!

I'm really glad I'm not the only one who sees "one ton ramp"! I think it's the capital T, I read that as the beginning of a word, not the end of a word.

The small picture of the guinea pig was so perfect I wasn't sure it was even real until I clicked through to the larger version! The pose was just so perfect too.

This conference was piggybacking on a larger conference with some sort of economic theme, wasn't it? I can imagine it was a bit like shoving a square peg in a round hole - anyone know what the other sessions were called? Non-Maxwell ones?

I totally thought that was a ceramic guinea pig.

My brain 'xplode with knowledge. I could not figure out what the fuck this business was called for the life of me.

Its their fault if their planbooks are being photocopied.

They can put in a watermark that prevents the photocopy from coming up clearly.

They are selling these books to cheap and over-taxed fundie mega families who pretend to be religious and honest but take what they can get. Its not that hard to put in a watermark that, when copied, will show the words "stealing is wrong. you will go straight to h*ll unless you go out and buy more plan books" or something like that :-)

When I was in college and commodity photocopiers were fairly primitive (none of the fancy scan and adjust then print on a laser printer type things like now) the student union had a notes service. They hired students who had taken the class in question and gotten high marks to sit in on the class in a later semester and take good quality notes with extra annotation.

You could subscribe to these, for a fee. That meant that once a week, you could go to the notes office and pick up your weekly installment of notes. For serious students it was a wonderful thing, you could take your own notes but be sure that the official note taker would catch what you missed, compare, etc. and the official note taker knew all the "spoilers" so would have great context notes.

The relevant part to this thread is - the notes were always distributed printed on dark red paper. You could read the notes fairly easily on your first generation raw print, but a simple copy was pretty much impossible.

As for the One Ton Ramp - yeah, definitely logo fail. Of course the proper "IT On Ramp" is maybe a bit witty, IF this were 1996 and we were all talking about the "Information Superhighway" still. That's the aging metaphor they're relying on.

Interestingly enough, Steve left the working world in 1997. Timing is just about right.

Archived