IGNORED

Child Forgotten at Chuck E Cheese

AnnieC 305

I have heard various stories about kids being left behind at places or in cars. It happens to small and big families. It is hard to judge someone who accidentally leaves a kid behind because sometimes other factors come into play. There are some things with incident that are kind of weird. I thought it was a bit crazy that a mom who has several school age kids would have a party that late on a school night. When I was growing up I went to a few birthday parties on school nights, but these parties would start at 4 or 5 pm and then end at 7or 8 pm. There were times some of my friends or relatives had birthday parties on Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays before or after their birthdays.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We tag our dogs and cats. I don't know why more people don't tag their kids.

Um... because children are people and not property?

Same reason you can't buy and sell children, why you can't put them in a cage at night, etc, etc.

I do not advocate tagging children.

My cousin's wife works at a preschool. Every few months, they take the kids on field trips around the city and the owner of the daycare center has small contact info cards printed up. She has the parents fill out the cards before the trip and the preschool workers give the cards to the kids to keep in their pockets and they are told to show the cards to adults in case they get lost or left behind from the group. My cousin in law plans to do the same thing when her and my cousin's kids get older and they go out to places like amusement parks, festivals, concerts etc.

When we were kids, we had identification bracelets with our names, addresses, and phone numbers. They were stainless steel with zoo animals engraved on one side and on the back was our information. Just like this, only zoo animals: http://www.makemethis.com/bracelets-help.html Even after we knew our information, we still had to wear them. As my parents asked, if one of us was injured and couldn't speak, like if we were hit by a car or knocked out somehow, then the information was there. First responders recognize these bracelets.

We tag our dogs and cats. I don't know why more people don't tag their kids. While I don't understand how people can leave a restaurant and not know their kid is still there, I do know kids run off and someone else, hopefully someone nice, can find them before the parents, and having that info helps contact the parents.

Because people freak out over that information being available to 'predators'

http://jacksonville-texas.com/Departmen ... fault.aspx

11. The Name Recognition Lure

Backpacks, clothing, sports equipment and other belongings are often marked with nametags by well-meaning parents. This allows predators to call children by name. This can create a false sense of familiarity and trust. The Name Recognition Lure is frequently combined with the Emergency Lure.

Archived