IGNORED

Another good post by the "other" Botkin

AmandaP

We all know that AS and E have a cousin who is saner than the family average. Check out her post on paying for contraception: kbotkin.com/2012/03/09/so-am-i-to-understand-that/

Wow, she isn't like her cousins. I'm just beginning the entry where she critiques her cousins' book "It's (not that) Complicated".

I really like her blog and I feel a bit guilty about keeping it in the 'fundie blog' folder, even by association, so I shall go change that!

Who are her parents?

IIRC, a Dr. Greg Botkin (MD) and his wife, who also has some sort of career OHM.

Katie has referred unironically to her Uncle Geoff as a warm and loving man.

The Servens were my gateway dominionists but I would be happy to spend a week in the Geoff & Vicki Botkin family housing complex, observing and interviewing. Interesting bunch.

Edited to change "family complex" to "family housing complex." I'm content with my own family-of-origin's complexes, thanks anyway! :D

I'm re-astonished, every time Katie posts on her blog, that she and her sibs have turned out so differently than the holier-than-thou Botkins.

Katie's dad (Greg) is Geoff's brother - he's an MD in Idaho. Her mom is an accomplished, successful artist. Her married sister just had daughter #2 (totally adorable kids); her brothers all seem outstandingly normal and fun. Katie is college-educated, smart, working full-time, world-traveled, in a relationship with a great guy, living an independent and productive life, and nobody's fool. In other words, everything her Uncle Geoff despises and fears in women. It is my deepest heartfelt wish that A-S and E pack their bags and lam it to Idaho, find a safe house near the sane and normal branch of the family, and begin the hard work of deprogramming and recovery. That would be "visionary."

Here is Katie's mom's website : dianamosesbotkin.com/

She does some lovely work.

And some of her work includes nekkid women. :oops: I'm sure her BIL and nieces don't look at those pieces of her art.

I like her review - and arguments with - her cousins' latest book.

I wonder what AS and E think of their cousin. Katie seems to have a warm relationship with them.

I wonder what AS and E think of their cousin. Katie seems to have a warm relationship with them.

I think it's highly likely they're not allowed to communicate with her at all - beyond sending her a ridiculously inappropriate gift copy of their ridiculous book.

Archived