IGNORED

Harold Camping Says Prediction Was 'Incorrect And Sinful'

doggie

Is Camping senile or was he always making predictions?

He made similar "predictions" in '88 and '94 that I can remember don't know if made any before 1988.The first one I remember hearing was September (I think) of 1988 it didn't get the kind of coverage that this last one got. The second time the rapture was supposed to happen was in October of '94. After getting it wrong the first couple of times he came up with explanations his followers apparently bought because they fell for it the third time.

I wonder if he's being sued by anyone. I know they wouldn't have case, but it seems like something that might happen.

That was brought up last year, about whether there were even grounds to sue, and there are not. Those who gave him all their money weren't frauded out of it, and while we all call it the scam it is, he can show a lot of money was used for Doomsday posters and billboards. It's legally considered no more of a fraud than giving all your money to the Catholic church or selling all your worldly possessions to give all the money to Scientology.

Archived