IGNORED

Grrrrr..... Attitudes about Planned Parenthood

FJismyheadship

If this belongs in Chatter I apologize. So a couple days ago i was working and i asked my friend W he he knew whether or not we had a Planned Parenthood here in town. He didnt know. Them he looked up and said "Wait this isn't about an abortion is it?" i told him no it was for a pill. So i went back to work and when i got in the room where U was working I asked him why peoples minds automatically went to abortion whenever PP was brought up. He said because that is what they do and they give it to teenagers. I told him they did a lot more than that. He said "Like what?" i rattled off a list of things... And he said "they teach that its okay to have sex outside of marriage which is wrong!" After I explained that they were teaching people to be safe he said "Well if my daughter went to Planned Parenthood behind my back I would be pissed!" I asked him "Would you rather your daughter in and get protection or get knocked up?" He said "I would rather raise Godly Children who would wait until they were married!" i told him statistically abstinence only education resulted in more teem pregnancies and he shut his mouth. U has really caused a burr up my butt lately anyways. I keep telling him when we are at work I do not want him to help of unless I ask. He thinks he is being chivalrous but he is being a pain. Our boss W knows what I can and cant do. I already feel like I have ve prove myself because I am not as strong as they are but I am working on it. I am certainally stronger this week that last because of the physical labor required. I brought in another girl to help out and she proved to be a good worker and she is pretty strong. U decided she was Muscles McGee immediately. But he keeps coming up behind me and helping when I dont want it. Today i was prying a base board off the wall and almost had it off and he creeps up behind me and snatches it off the wall. I told him that was not book and he needs to say something before coming up behind people and snatching stuff. He smirked and said "I am coming up behind you and taking your board." Then I was bringing a bucket in the house and when he told of where W wanted it U was in my way so I handed it to him to take care of it. When W asked where he had gone he said "doing something girly girl over there cant do." So naturally at the end of the day i was pissed at him. I decided i would rather walk home in the rain than get in the car with him. He says to me "you can get in Im not mad at you!" (admittedly i smacked him pretty good after the board incident) i told him i was mad at him. W is going to talk to him which is good... Maybe he will listen to another guy better than me. Maybe im over reacting. I do not have penis envy I just want to do my job. If I need help I am not afraid to ask. But i am seriously about to punch this guy in the face lol

U sounds like a complete dick. He's treating you like the stereotypical helpless woman, and he needs to know that's not going to fly, regardless of what he chooses to believe in his off-time. I think having W talk to him is the best approach at this point, and I hope he gets his act together for your sake.

I'm sorry if I missed this, but does this man have any more authority than you do? If not, then your supervisor's might get real twitchy about his BS, because most fear harassment charges. Of course, then you'd have to put up with a whole mess of misery, so I'm not sure it would be worth it.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this. What a dumbass he is.

I'd talk to your supervisor, complain that this guy is harassing you. Explain why, do so in writing. This guy has already decided you're one of those 'evil liberals' and has dismissed you as a human being. I'm coming from an HR point of view here, you've got to cover your ass.

Ask this guy if he has airbags in his car. If he says yes, ask him how often he drives into walls just because the airbags will protect him. When he admits he can avoid doing something while being prepared just in case, point out that teaching safe sex is providing airbags for people practicing abstinence. It's possible to be prepared for a scenario (like sex) without engaging in it. And better to be prepared than unexpectedly pregnant.

Well the job is helping a friend flip a house. W talked to him. He was told to leave me alone and if I dont need help then dont give it to me. I will ask if I need it. He did apologize to me today and admitted to being in the wrong on treating me that way. And sheisinsane i will ask him that next time lol

Archived