IGNORED

New Character Qualities for Gothardism

snickerz

We all know that in Fundieville, at least the Duggar/Bates version of it, the only "skoolin'" they seem to get is Bible reading and being indoctrinated on "character qualities" via Wisdom Booklets.

What character qualities would you like to see added to their list and taught to the children?

I'd like to see "Independent Thought" added. I'd like to send the Duggar and Bates kids a Wisdom Booklet that teaches them to question everything and to think for themselves. I think it would make a real difference in their lives.

You?

Open-mindedness

Questioning Authority

Anything that stops them from being mindless robots would be nice.

Well, I would rather Gothardism was just honest about what character qualities they REALLY valued in the first place.

With that in mind, I think their second edition of the Character Qualities Chart should include:

-judgemental

-closed minded

-hateful

-mindless follower

-outspokenness in women

-a sense of choice in one's reproductive life.

(I know, but we're making a fantasy list so)

Never mind new ones, I'd love to see them live some of the current one, such as:

Attentiveness vs. Unconcern

Showing the worth of a person by giving undivided attention to his words and emotions

(Hint mullet, this means actually paying attention to each of your children)

Dependability vs. Inconsistency

Fulfilling what I consented to do even if it means unexpected sacrifice (Psalm 15:4)

(Try to actually show up when on time, instead of this Duggar time bullshit)

I'm sure there are more.

But my new one would be, "Think for yourself and be your own individual"

Being able to at least talk to one of your parents about which parts of your cult/religion cause you to feel uncomftorable about being a member sometimes... Wait, that's not allowed in Soviet Duggar. In Soviet Duggar, religion thinks for you!

curiosity -- about other cultures and how the world actually works

creativity -- (have we ever them play an original composition on those squawking violins? paint a picture? write a story?)

modesty -- not in terms of keeping covered, but in terms of humbly and productively leading life outside the range of TLC cameras...

Never mind new ones, I'd love to see them live some of the current one, such as:

Attentiveness vs. Unconcern

Showing the worth of a person by giving undivided attention to his words and emotions

(Hint mullet, this means actually paying attention to each of your children)

Dependability vs. Inconsistency

Fulfilling what I consented to do even if it means unexpected sacrifice (Psalm 15:4)

(Try to actually show up when on time, instead of this Duggar time bullshit)

I'm sure there are more.

Oh, there are tons:

Punctuality vs. Tardiness

Showing high esteem for other people and their time (Ecclesiastes 3:1) (Duggar Time, anyone?)

Sincerity vs. Hypocrisy

Eagerness to do what is right with transparent motives (I Peter 1:22)

Self-Control vs. Self-indulgence

Instant obedience to the initial promptings of God’s Spirit (Galatians 5:24–25) (Hi, Josh!)

Hell, tolerance is even on the list :roll:

Archived