IGNORED

Brandy has posted some pictures......

anniebgood

themanydailyblessings.blogspot.com

I'm not exactly svelte but that girl is pretty big.

She posted some pictures of her dresses/skirts only head covering self.

She said she's lost some weight, if so, I wonder where it went?

Wow. :mrgreen:

Isn't one of the modesty tests bending over to see if your cleavage shows? That green shirt with the brown skirt (that doesn't seem to match to me...) looks like she's about 15 degrees away from giving us all an eyeful of her boobage!

Also, way off topic, but... Go, go, go Annie go! Go, go, go Annie go! Go... Annie B Good! (Jerry Garcia is singing that, not me)

Honestly, I bet in many of the pictures, she does look bigger than she is because she's wearing body-inappropriate shapes. She looks 50lbs lighter in the green top and beige skirt because they actually fit correctly than she does in the truly unfortunate mumu in the first picture.

Eh...

" In fact, pants used to always be made for men. Historically speaking, there were only very few instances that a woman would put on a pair of pants."

Why she claims this? Hasn't she really done any research or is she a typical case of lalalalalaIdon'thearyouthisisthetruthlalalalal. Stupid.

I think the 3rd frumper down actually looks good on her :) Gives her a waist and everything.

I also, think the first fitted tan skirt (2end to last picture) with her purple (favorite shirt) would make a cute "fundie" outfit.

Do you think fundies would adopt headbands as a type of headcovering? It wouldn't scream "I'm a fundie" then.

Also, do fundies enjoy being asked why they wear a head covering? Is it a way to open up dialogue to convert and spread the fellowship?

edited bc I wrote the wrong picture

Also, do fundies enjoy being asked why they wear a head covering? Is it a way to open up dialogue to convert and spread the fellowship?

I knew a girl that went to public school in South Carolina who wore head coverings for that EXACT reason. Don't know how common it is, but there's at least one family out there doing it, so there have to be more!

I knew a girl that went to public school in South Carolina who wore head coverings for that EXACT reason. Don't know how common it is, but there's at least one family out there doing it, so there have to be more!

Yea, it seems like it would be more godly to try to blend in, not to stand out and separate yourself. But I guess that is the premise of fundamentalism from evangelism. Fundamentals isolate themselves while evangelicals seek out others to convert.

Is it just me or does some of the clothing look like it comes from Holyclothing.com?

And usually that stuff is geared more towards us wicked creatures than the fundies.

Is it just me or does some of the clothing look like it comes from Holyclothing.com?

And usually that stuff is geared more towards us wicked creatures than the fundies.

I'd never seen Holyclothing before, I bookmarked it for when I have money.

I'm wondering why she has those pictures watermarked? Does she think they're so good that someone might try to use them?

I'm always excited to see all the wonderful range of sizes for dresses. Then I remember I wear a petite. What I wouldn't give to be four inches taller.

All I can say is that I can barely keep up with Brandy. Does this mean she's over the tattoo/dread/Christian anarchy phase before it even started? And her pinterest board appears to be gone.

She dresses like I do. LOL. Last time I was cut out of pants [from my arthritic knee swelling] I gave them up. My husband 'puts his foot down' about the mumus. Besides my 2 year old DD wears those style of dresses I don't think I could feel cute that way. I wouldn't automatically think fundy with her [clothes] - she looks a lot like one of my good friends even more so the dress and leggings and she's a Pagan.

I should point out she's not wearing those awful dresses with the wide white collars like the 7 sisters. She's wearing clothes bought from a normal store so it could be worse.

I'd never seen Holyclothing before, I bookmarked it for when I have money.

I love them. They also sell direct on ebay, often for less than the website price.

Two other good stores for flowy hippy/boho type clothes there with a large size range are Lotus in the Moonlight & The Only Golden Goddess

===

As for Brandy, I think the cut of some of those dresses makes her look bigger, especially the first one (I think the last two pics highlight this - she looks much smaller in the more fitted skirt). One problem with shopping for modesty first, especially shopping thrift stores or sales, is you usually don't end up with the most flattering things. She looks to be close to my size and I can say from experience that it can be a bit tricky finding a flattering fit but shirts and bulky skirts do not flatter most of us. I'm not gonna snark on her size but there are some great plus size fashion blogs out there and, with midi/maxi skirts and dresses being popular, she could probably pick up some pointers for things that would meet her current standards and look much better on her.

As far as headcoverings, I always tried to wear something that didn't stand out much, usually a lace covering that matches my hair and can be scrunched into a headband (I'm wearing one of these in my profile pic, even though it's hard to see), or a scarf or hat that matched my outfit. I have a few of the white veils, but only ever wore them at home. I know some people want to stand out and see the covering itself as a testimony, but I think something too different either puts most people off or makes them assume you are either Amish or part of some other group. I feel like it's not really modest if you're drawing attention by how different you look.

A woman dressing in man's clothing and a man dressing in women's clothing is something God extremely hates.

That's not something I'm wanting on my head. You?

Don't know why, but this made me :D :D :D

Interesting side note: did you know the t-shirt was also once exclusively made for men? Some sources say they were introduced in WWII as standard issue for American soldiers. Some sources say they were introduced by the British Royal Navy during WWI. Some say the French soldiers introduced them. It doesn't matter who really ... just that they were first made only for men. Really makes me rethink the t-shirts I have as well. I need to practice making blouses!

:o Better start making blouses now Brandy! God might extremely hate those sinful man t-shirts you're wearing and then what? Do you what THAT on your head!?!? :roll:

We need a duck and cover smilie!

lest God rain down head-coverings, dresses, and blouses on our heathen heads. :lol:

lest God rain down head-coverings, dresses, and blouses on our heathen heads. :lol:

If God starts raining down free clothes, I'm all for it. Provided he checks my Pinterest boards first for suggestions, rather than raining down frumpers and worn out Laura Ashley knock-offs.

Head covering pics are up!

Guess we won't be seeing those dreads after all. Darn.

:lol:

I still cant think of anything nice to say about the whole, reminds me to be submissive to my husband.

I think my husband would admit me to a nice padded room if i decided i should be submissive to him. He will really think i went off a ledge.

Head covering pics are up!

Guess we won't be seeing those dreads after all. Darn.

She'll be singing a new song when someone gets head lice and everyone has to shave their Nattys off.

She'll be singing a new song when someone gets head lice and everyone has to shave their Nattys off.

Back when I had dreadlocks I was so paranoid about getting lice that I would wash them obsessively--then I remembered that lice preferred CLEAN hair and I was at a complete loss as to what I should do. I eventually cut them off for that very reason (plus I got bored), but I still miss them every time I hear dreads mentioned. :(

Back when I had dreadlocks I was so paranoid about getting lice that I would wash them obsessively--then I remembered that lice preferred CLEAN hair and I was at a complete loss as to what I should do. I eventually cut them off for that very reason (plus I got bored), but I still miss them every time I hear dreads mentioned. :(

I've never done dreads, shaved my head for a while, but every time I go to the co-op and see the dread products I get the urge :D

Archived