IGNORED

Mike Malloy made of the same crappy fiber as Rush. L.

ladypuglover

:evil: No matter what you believe or how you vote there is an ass in every group.

Syndicated liberal talker MIKE MALLOY may have his own controversy, as LIMBAUGH supporters point out that MALLOY made comments FRIDAY that painted victims of that day's deadly tornadoes as "little grease spots on the pavement" put there by "their God."

MALLOY's comments, reported by BRIAN MALONEY's RADIO EQUALIZER site, included, "They keep being killed, you know, their God, if this is where they want to look at it, keeps smashing them into little grease spots on the pavement in -- uh -- uh -- in -- in, you know, in ALABAMA and MISSISSIPPI and ARKANSAS and, uh, GEORGIA and, uh, OKLAHOMA, you know, the Bible Belt. 'Where they ain't going to let no goddamn science get in the way -- it says in the Bible, blah blah blah blah blah!'

"So, according to their way of thinking, you know, God, with his omnipotent thumb, reaches down here tonight and so far tonight has smashed about 20 people into a grease spot on Highway 12 or whatever the hell highway they live next to. It's sad, it's so sad for this kind of nonsense."

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archi ... ts-about-t

Not everyone in the south is antiscience. And not every Christian in the south is a fundamentalists or evangelical. No matter what someone's beliefs, this is a painful time for those who lost loved ones. I can't help but wonder how I would feel if it was someone I loved who had been killed during the storms.

I've never heard of Mike Malloy. Is he popular?

So, according to their way of thinking, you know, God, with his omnipotent thumb, reaches down here tonight and so far tonight has smashed about 20 people into a grease spot on Highway 12 or whatever the hell highway they live next to. It's sad, it's so sad for this kind of nonsense."

Pat Robertson said something similar. Except Malloy was apparently being sarcastic. Robertson was serious.

Mike Malloy is a fucking idiot. That's just callous. Of course the article seems to have taken what he said out of context, and I'm willing to hear it in context, but still, holy shit.

Also, Highway 12 is an actual highway. In North Carolina. On the Outer Banks, which saw exactly zero tornadoes.

I used to listen to him years ago when he was on WLS in Chicago. I can kinda see where he was probably attempting to go with this ("if they insist it's all just God, why does God let bad things happen to good people?") but yeah, definite fail if it's as reported (I didn't hear it, or the complaints about it).

Years ago he did have some good things on his show, that I listened to. I remember he would have quite a few shows about the School of the Americas protests, and debunking of some right-wing economics (that was mostly what I listened to). He would also occasionally have a show where any and all callers would be given precisely one minute to rant on about whatever they want, without intervention (other than the presumed usual 7-second delay kill switch if someone were to yell swears on the air, surely) and that could get kinda... entertaining as people with all sorts of views and some just plain "are you on Earth? At all?" people would call in.

Archived