IGNORED

Miss Raquel's Pinterest Quotes [One Directed At Us?]

Beeks

Two sparkling gems from the site:

207236020323042562_t7t9GR2k_c.jpg

Because you is not a college student... :roll:

57843176433546944_jdZA3fyw_c.jpg

I'll just leave this one for comment. I find it too weird for words...

And I think she stole this euphemism from me:

4503668346972376_cOsQbeY3_c.jpg

Why? Well I still get strange looks from people when I tell them I enjoy reading (non-fiction, no romance novels, etc) more than anything and that I'm hoping to work in a library or museum after I get my masters in Library/Information studies. Why can't their be tolerance for this in the 21st century? (Aside from the digitization of everything...)

The first quote is from The Help.

"Women are NOT useless…but they aren’t men. Men are built by God as the one to take the lead, and to respect the lady. Plus it’s just plain Christian to be a gentleman."

This sort of crap makes me see red. I absolutely HATE when fundies use this sort of stupid ass shit as a way of keeping women down. If they were really chivalrous, the graciousness would extend far beyond the words, beyond the package of diapers and the container of formula extended to the single mother after she promises to go forth and sin no more, after the meal given to the homeless when they have dutifully sat through the sermon and prayers exhorting them to repent, for Lo, the Lord is coming soon! The fundies would quit systematically tromping on the government programs, they'd leave the poor women's healthcare clinics alone... but I'm preaching to the choir here.

Don't the fundie women see that when they spout this kind of bullshit, they're punching themselves in the face over and over again?

Archived