IGNORED

A choice rant from Theonomy Mom's now private blog

And as for "productive"? Without a decent education--something Leah is dismally ill-equipped to give them--well, cutting lawns for cash (a la Lawson Bates) or being night janitor at Wal-Mart (a la Dan) counts as productive.

But she's an author!!!1111!!! And a singer!1!!11!!! And a mommy!!!!111!!! A child beating mommy!!!111!!!! She can teach them everything they need to know.

Gag me. I hope those children run far far away. Head for Vancouver Island children!

Raine, don't you come from a fairly conservative Christian background? How do the people you know react to this? Do they make a stink about it?

Usually not. I've gotten a couple raised eyebrows and some bitchy remarks from a person I went to a fundie college with, but that's been the extent of it. Even when we were members of what was then a very extreme IFB church, I was a correctional officer, rode a Harley, and was known as a bit of a gun nut which everyone, including the pastor, seemed to be cool with (possibly because I went along with all of the other standards as well and the skirts, long hair, and submission bit cancelled it out). I think, in some ways, it also let certain people think that our church was not as extreme as some others because I was "allowed" to do those things and still be in the choir and other ministries. As far as reactions, I've gotten far more over saying that I sometimes wear jeans (people still usually see me in skirts or dresses) than over my name.

• 1 month later...

Leah Smith, aka Theonomy Mom, the whack conspiracy-theorist dominionist, has an interview with Kevin Swanson (saving Western civilization from his basement)

generationswithvision.com/broadcast/diapers-dishes-and-dominion/

Nothing new or terribly snarkworthy in the interview yet...

She is obviously terribly frustrated being stuck at home, but she blames her dissatisfaction on the media, advertising, etc.. Yeah, that's got to be it.

Also, her blog is back, but missing the post where she bitches at pastors and tells them what she should be teaching/doing. Oops, submission fail!

leahslabyrinth.wordpress.com/

Archived