IGNORED

Covenant of Purity

IReallyAmHopewell

johnsonteamva.com/2012/02/10/a-special-commitment/ Glowing report on how the first month of pledged purity is going. They also show the certificate she received titled a "Covenant of Purity."

If it's so hard to stay "pure" today why is teen pregnancy down........just sayin!

I wonder if decades from now, she will be embarassed that she was posting about her sex life (or chosen lack of) online. Also, I think even without a certificate and a ring, this girl would stay a virgin until marriage.

johnsonteamva.com/2012/02/10/a-special-commitment/ Glowing report on how the first month of pledged purity is going. They also show the certificate she received titled a "Covenant of Purity."

If it's so hard to stay "pure" today why is teen pregnancy down........just sayin!

Because those ebil libruls are giving teens things like information about birth control. All those teens are still fucking, they are just murdering all their unborn babies with this like condoms and the pill!

Seriously, I don't get why this is so hard. Lots of kids stay "pure" without announcing it to the world. Its really not that big of a struggle if you make that choice. Most young people I know are too busy and too stressed with school, jobs, sports, activities, friends to be "struggling" over their virginity. Its not that big of a deal...except in fundieland.

That would be the same family that has weekly "blessings" from the father, and pledges of improvement for the New Year's. The craziness continues.

And the descriptions of being pure so hard? Pretty sure it's much easier if the only guys you interact with are your brothers and father. And why the list of girls mentioned in the Bible who were raped as object lessons of girls having a hard time maintaining purity?! There are no words.

Also, apparently flirting, kissing, hugging, and having relationships "defiles" girls. :shock: Those defiled married people! :evil:

She's too young to even know what she's committing to. She looks like she's about 12 or 13, and in that family I doubt she even knows what sex is.

Here's part of a questionnaire from this blog: "1. Do you obey regardless of what you are told to do? 2. Do you ask for reasons when your request is denied?

3. Do you obey immediately when told?"

Let me answer for myself. I question everything. I don't do anything unless I can get/already know a reasonable explanation. In my experience blind obedience can lead to all sorts of mistakes. As far as I can see the only real benefit to blind obedience is it gives the one giving orders total control (I would not want this but fundie men seem to like it a lot).

here is the link: johnsonteamva.com/2011/10/17/obedience-is-the-key/

Seriously, I don't get why this is so hard. Lots of kids stay "pure" without announcing it to the world. Its really not that big of a struggle if you make that choice. Most young people I know are too busy and too stressed with school, jobs, sports, activities, friends to be "struggling" over their virginity. Its not that big of a deal...except in fundieland.

It's bizarre. It's like they're afraid that if they trip, they will fall on top of someone and be penetrated. Determined penises lurking everywhere they turn...

It's bizarre. It's like they're afraid that if they trip, they will fall on top of someone and be penetrated. Determined penises lurking everywhere they turn...

It's like they think any sexual interaction must lead to intercourse. Speaking from personal experience, it's not that hard to say no.

Yeah, it's really shocking that a kid from a sheltered fundie family was able to stay "pure" for a whole month!!11!!!

Somehow I managed to retain my "purity" until I was 22, and I went to an ebil public school and college. (It helped that most of the boy- and menfolk seemed to have very little interest in my purity, or me, for that matter.) Most of my close friends didn't have sex until college, or even later. Everyone did what felt right at the time, without some creepy pledge looming over his or her head. Imagine that...

ETA: Looked at the blog. Is the purity kid, like, 12? I'm even more impressed :roll:

I managed to stay "pure" until last year and I'm far into my twenties! What bothers me, is the mindset that my having completely consensual sex with adequate protection and emotional maturity at my age is "evil", while a nineteen year old girl who gets married to a guy after a six week courtship, or some such nonsense, after only handholding is "godly". What?

If you want to abstain, abstain! No one has the right to force anyone to have sex. But, the production of it all- "Look at me! I'm a virgin!" is kind of counterintuitive. If you're trying to be modest, screaming out your sexual status is hypocritical.

This crossed over with another topic and a creepy thought. In the patriarchal system, children are taught not to question, just obey. Outsiders can see how this leads to abuse - if you must obey, if someone with the wrong intention gets ahold of you, you can't defend yourself. The fathers realize that it's not enough to have obedient daughters, the daughters must be obedient to you and only you. They get their daughters to repeatedly pledge to let their fathers decide who they will give their hearts too, that way if a girl has a male teacher that is telling her to do things she feels is wrong, she will revert to her promise to daddy and not let anything go further.

And maybe, getting a girl to associate sex with her father's permission helps with practicing abstinence?

What bothers me, is the mindset that my having completely consensual sex with adequate protection and emotional maturity at my age is "evil", while a nineteen year old girl who gets married to a guy after a six week courtship, or some such nonsense, after only handholding is "godly". What?

Word!

I went through a "I will wait for marriage" thing back when I was 12-14. Partly, I couldn't imagine why anyone would find sex remotely fun. yeah...keep in mind I was 12! I changed that thinking. Thankfully, my parents weren't into religion and so they took my opinions as the opinions of a 12 year old girl. I remember them saying things like "that is a very noble goal" and "if you ever change your mind please know that we would never ever be ashamed". My mom true to her word never said a thing about it when I told her that I needed BC. all she said was at least you are thinking smartly and to use a condom as well to protect against things the pill doesn't protect against.

Archived