IGNORED

What does this mean? 'Two ongoing courtships'

makepeace

From the Grady family blog:

"We're just your average homeschooling family with 11 children, two ongoing courtships, one small unrelated child (just visiting) plus chickens and cats on five acres in the heartland of America."

I know the oldest daughter is married and the oldest son engaged, is that what is meant by ongoing courtships? My hopes are up that two of the other kids are courting!!

edit to add link:

thegradyfamilyarchives3.blogspot.com/2012/03/quiet-waters.html

I don't know, but I'd assume that the engaged couple count as one ongoing courtship. It's even possible the second one refers to the married couple and they just haven't updated.

I don't follow them but isn't their son Aaron and "Betsy" (their daughter Elizabeth) both listed as being relationships on the little sidebar?

I don't follow them but isn't their son Aaron and "Betsy" (their daughter Elizabeth) both listed as being relationships on the little sidebar?

I don't see that anywhere?

I don't see that anywhere?

Wait! I do, the photo of Matthew and Betsy.

ah, found this too:

thegradyfamilyarchives3.blogspot.com/2012/03/finally.html

Now there's a blog post about it!

The Gradys seem to encourage their kids to court and marry... the Duggars, Maxwells, and Arndts should take a page from their book. (Not that I think these fundie marriages are really a good thing, but the children, particularly the girls, are raised to have marriage as a primary goal, and it's pretty sadistic of the parents to do nothing to help their children achieve it, or worse, to work to prevent it.)

I picked M & B's courtship a few months ago. I did a little dance earlier when I read the "Finally" post.

Speaking of the Gradys ... I feel a bit late on the uptake here, because I always forget about them, but their daughter Abby, whose married to a Beasley... is my math correct that she's had four children in approximately 4 1/2 years?

Speaking of the Gradys ... I feel a bit late on the uptake here, because I always forget about them, but their daughter Abby, whose married to a Beasley... is my math correct that she's had four children in approximately 4 1/2 years?

Yep, their wedding was in October 2007.

Yep, their wedding was in October 2007.

Holy cow. And she's only 24? She could be Michelle 2.0 if her fertility doesn't decrease significantly.

I was just coming over to marvel about that. Those are some REALLY closely spaced pregnancies.

Good God. Caleb, honey, buy a bottle of hand lotion and leave your poor wife alone for a few months.

I have a friend who's due to have #4 and she had her first the fall of 2008. She's also in her early 20s. She's also decided to not have anymore for a few years because she simply can't do it anymore and needs to focus on her health.

Archived