IGNORED

If Jesus appeared to a Botkinette or another uber-fundy...

Elle

You know, I wonder something. If Jesus appeared to one of them and wanted to take a private walk with her right then, no hanky-panky or anything, just wanted to talk to her and give her some guidance on where they're all going wrong, I wonder if she'd tell Jesus to go ask her dad. I am not being snarky or sarcastic. These girls are raised to ALWAYS go to their dads for everything. What happened if Jesus himself didn't want her to ask permission, maybe because the dad is likely to insist on chaperoning and to end the conversation if Jesus himself said something Daddy didn't like.

haha.. good question.

I can totally see the Holy Ghost to come to one of the Botkin girls telling them that they will be pregnant with the next Jesus and she turns him away, because it is an ebil thing to be pregnant out of wedlock and without daddy's permission!

There's a hierarchy in place, so Jesus can't talk directly to daughters (or even just women)- he's gotta talk to the fathers, and they'll tell the daughters later. Because extra mediators between God and people is so Biblical. /sarcasm

There's a hierarchy in place, so Jesus can't talk directly to daughters (or even just women)- he's gotta talk to the fathers, and they'll tell the daughters later. Because extra mediators between God and people is so Biblical. /sarcasm

absolutely!! god tells your daddy what he has in store for you..

From what I read, none of the fundies we discuss would want to talk to him. Guy would tell him everything they don't want to hear, like that they are self-righteous, judgmental hypocrites, sex is not evil outside of marriage nor is dating against God, they treat women like shit and they deserve better, I never said anything about homosexuality, etc. They would totally dismiss the man as a radical and claim they know better.

Jesus would definitely be a radical. I doubt they would go for a walk with him after all his own message might go against that of their father.

Never mind the fact that he wouldn't be wearing aggressively pressed chinos, white socks and a polo and have a short back and sides.

They wouldn't believe it was Jesus. Jesus would not try to defraud a young woman by asking that they walk alone together. Besides, Jesus talks to the girls through their headship, never directly.

Archived